Enthusiast III

Hi Everyone,

Member #1548

1) Location - Lowell, MA
2) Rig - 2004 Chevy Avalanche
3) Overlanding Experience : Novice - Avid Adventurer / Camper for years

View attachment 6701 View attachment 6702
I had an 02 4WD Avy once. [emoji106]

I recommend checking your steering box if you wheel it at all and reinforcing it so it doesn't egg out the mounting holes, not an uncommon issue. Otherwise good to go.

Learch

Rank 0

Contributor I

Agree. It will be a bit since my rig has not come yet (probably another month or 2) till then i am working on building up my gear and supplies
That makes too of us. Mine s in the middle of a huge transformation wish my A.D.H.D wasn't so bad I would of completed it by now.

sfsmedic

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Currie 9" 4 linked in the rear and TTB out of a 91 bronco cut turned and lengthened in the front. 44s are way to small for that heavy truck.

Learch

Rank 0

Contributor I

Currie 9" 4 linked in the rear and TTB out of a 91 bronco cut turned and lengthened in the front. 44s are way to small for that heavy truck.
The ttb is a dana 44 reverse cut. That sounds like what's under my bronco. Nice truck.

Last edited:

Dunco

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Warwick Queensland Autralia
First Name
Kris
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VK4FABX
@EDC @Collin Welcome guys :) feel free to jump right in ... if you like you can add a pic of your rigs here good to have yous if you have any questions just ask there's a wealth of knowledge here and everyone's more then happy to share it

ScoutEquipment

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

SLO, CA
Hello All,

Ian and Ryan from Scout Equipment here. We have been into the overland lifestyle for quite a while now and have began to build our own custom kitchen/storage setups. Currently we have between the two of us, Ryan's 4Runner Trail Teams built out with a full overland kitchen and much, much more... Ian's FJ40 and Duramax ECSB which has served a multitude of functions from exploration to towing and working throughout its life. We are looking forward to getting to know all of you and hopefully meeting up sometime soon!
Cheers!
image1(9).JPGimage2(2).JPGimage3.JPG View attachment 6877

limited_white

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Hi I'm Tyler I'm from Sacramento I drive a 1998 limited 4Runner with a "3 lift on 32's I'm running 1.25 spaces I'm installing my CB radio and fire stick tonight keep you all posted. I am running OEM 5th gen wheels with the falken at3w tires. Also have my sage roof rack with a shovel mounted on the top. So far happy with the built so where near done yet.

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

Hi I'm Tyler I'm from Sacramento I drive a 1998 limited 4Runner with a "3 lift on 32's I'm running 1.25 spaces I'm installing my CB radio and fire stick tonight keep you all posted. I am running OEM 5th gen wheels with the falken at3w tires. Also have my sage roof rack with a shovel mounted on the top. So far happy with the built so where near done yet.
Hey look who it is, my shadow. Every one make fun of tyler he is like my little brother.

Reactions: Steve

Fatsquatch

Rank III

Advocate II

Des Moines, IA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Thompson
Hi everyone, I'm JT from Iowa. I found the site after watching some of the vids on Youtube and decided to check it out. My wife and I are just starting a new overland project to replace our beloved but very tired 94 Montero that we had been using. This time around we're building a 2005 Ford Explorer Limited. This one will be a challenge due to the lack of aftermarket but it's a great truck for our needs. So far we're working on the interior storage, once that's done I'll move on to making her a bit more capable. A set of 32" tires will fit the stock suspension but we're adding a small BTF spacer lift for a bit more clearance, Spartan locker for the rear, custom sliders and skid plates, recovery points, hidden auxiliary lighting. The fun part will be keeping a somewhat stock-ish look, mostly because, well, it's a total soccer mom vehicle and I really just like to screw with people.

Edit: Here's a few pics of the Explorer and the start of the storage system.

The drawers are built but I still need to get sliders. Each drawer offers 3 cu ft of storage, plus there is space underneath for small items, spare parts, tools, etc. The 2x6s are a temporary solution, I have a 12" sub under there that needs a more shallow enclosure so the drawer system can sit a little lower (gotta have mah tunes!). Up above will be an Indel fridge on sliders and D rings to secure gear. And I'll be replacing the passenger side rear seat with a cradle for jerry cans of fuel and water.

Last edited:

Bobby Max

Rank 0

Contributor I

Howdy all. New guy here out of El Paso, Texas. Been camping all my life, now taking it up a notch and attempting to Overland. Jeep lover and am a Texas pistolero. Been reading from afar for a while, decided to make myself known.

Reactions: Steve and Winterpeg

buz1nonly

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Brisbane, CA
Member #

Hi All, Jerry from Cali.

Rig: 2011 Army Green FJ
Experience: More than Novice, but way less than expert.

Just moved back from Flagstaff, Az about 2 years ago. Been trying out some trails in the Tahoe Region and Sierra Nevada. Hope to see some of you guys around.