Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hey everyone. I’m Corey I live in San Antonio Texas. Not new to overlanding and the off road scene, but I’ve been out of it for a while. Looking to get back into it and get out and explore more.
Currently I’m in a 2018 Tacoma

I’m a safety and security manager (physical and IT) as well as a FAA Licensed drone pilot.

Former US Army. Former firefighter paramedic.
Welcome and thank you for your service!

Reactions: Coreymol

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

New member,

hello to anyone who reads this. My name is Eric and I’m currently living in New Jersey, I’m going to be quite frank and say I’m a total noob here. I currently have a 16 4Runner Trail and I’ve got it all set up for our (my girlfriend and I) first overland trip. We are planning to go from NJ to VA for overland expo east. I was hoping to maybe find some OB members to meet and a beer with while we are enjoying the weekend.View attachment 119211
Welcome!

Pete68

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Groton, New York
First Name
Pete
Last Name
Empson
Member #

Hello Everyone,
Current Location: Groton, New York
Current Rig: 2018 Jeep JKU
Experience: Novice
I am just getting started in the overland experience. I drove tractor trailer for 23 years and loved being out on the road. I am now semi retired, so I have decided to get back out to see the places i could not get to with a big rig. I have built the jeep up enough to go to places like Uwharrie National forest and Gorge Washington State forest .I am looking forward to meeting others with the desire to live out on the trails away from the main stream of "the rat race".

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
New Member, excited to be apart of this positive community! Lake Tahoe, NV (Stateline), just getting started and looking for friends, safety info and build inspiration. 2011 Tundra and working to outfit for easy and simplicity without giving up too much comfort. First trip in the books last week to Alabama Hills and Cerro Gordo, hooked!
Welcome to OB. Ther is a Reno group you could check out. US West - Reno Overlanding Meetings and Trail Runs Thread

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Jeanna

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Port Saint Lucie, Florida, United States
First Name
Jeanna
Last Name
Marie
Member #

Hi!
My name's Jeanna, I'm from the east coast of Florida. I have a 2000 Toyota Tacoma. I have lots of camping experience and have outfitted the truck for the past year that I've had it to deal with camping, however I've never gone trail riding (2WD, kind of a garage queen) but I'm looking forward to going off the grid sometime this winter.

Thanks for having me, really excited to get to know some of y'all!

Attachments

rebirther

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Novosibirsk, Новосибирская область, Russia
First Name
Pavel
Last Name
Bogdanov
Member #

Hello Everyone!
My name is Pavel, I'm from Russia. More precisely, from its middle part, Siberia.

I have a Subaru Forester SF5 1997! It still has few modifications, but this is enough for me to start.
(And yes, in all the photos there is one car. I just put the body parts from forester 2001)

I am new to overlanding. Therefore, I do not travel far from civilization (200-300 km), but almost every weekend I get out into the forest and lakes/rivers!

I like this community and I am happy to join!

Attachments

JT Pedersen

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

3986 Fieldview Drive, Canton, MI 48188, USA
First Name
JT
Last Name
Pedersen
Member #

Greetings Everyone,

Pleased to have discovered this group. My name is JT Pedersen, residing with my wife Kimberly, in Canton, Michigan, about 15 minutes east of Ann Arbor, western fringes of the Detroit Metro area.

About 4 years ago, a 2015 Jeep JKU Rubicon arrived. We still had kids in the house, so we spent a couple months talking about a name. I've never named one of my vehicles or motorcycles before. For the Jeep, it just seemed to be calling-out or a name. And, so Stitch was born.

We're without kids (in the house) now, and Kimberly and I have been having an absolute blast exploring with Stitch. For me, getting Stitch was less about rock crawling and seeing what I could drag myself over, and more about the places we could go that we otherwise wouldn't. Along the way, I roped my brother (down in Austin) into the experience. He runs his own JKU Rubi. He, his wife, Kimberly, and I have started doing our own trips.

Experience? There's always someone with more...I can let them decide<g>. We're not new, certainly far from 'most experienced.' We are evolving. We've wheeled as far south as Missouri, up to the UP, west to Colorado, and points between. I like to think of myself as stable, applying common sense, with mechanical know-how.

Happy to be here,
JT...
Stitch - JT Pedersen.JPG

Arty_mech

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Hunter
Last Name
Rather
Member #

Hey everyone, my name is Hunter and im from outside of Nashville, TN. Just recently picked up a 2017 tacoma sr5 and have been wanting to get back into "overlanding" for some time, however my vehicle at the time was a limiting factor.
I've actually been overlanding since before it was really a household term. Growing up my parents had a lance slide in camper they hauled in dad's old dodge cummins and we went everywhere. Fast forward to my young adulthood and i was camping out of vehicles while in the Marine Corps, constantly setting up camp and moving out before the sun came up.
Already finding a ton of great info on the forum and site. Look forward to meeting with members in my AO.

HamNchzwheel

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Selden, NY, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Hambel
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
hey guys..names justin super excited to be apart of this community
from Long Island NY
rig : 2013 jeep wrangler Sahara
experience : novice
but i am willing to be apart of any community program.
thank you in advance

Attachments

Toywolf

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Los Angeles, Ca
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Bownds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DXL
Greetings everyone, I may have jumped the gun posting an intro outside this sticky thread but forgive me for I am new haha. I'm from Los Angeles, CA and I drive a 2013 Toyota Tundra Crewmax. My overland experience falls somewhere in between novice and mildly experienced. I try to be conscious of safe practices I.e gear prep, situational awareness, common sense. I tend to be very bad at uploading new pictures on the computer so I'll make an effort to be better at it haha. I prefer Function over Form which i guess is a very debatabe topic. I'm asked constantly why are my tires so small and my main response is I haven't changed my gear ratio yet. I look forward to meeting everyone!

joshua tree 2.jpg