Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Merced, CA, USA
First Name
Cole
Last Name
Calos
Member #

Hi guys, I’m cole from Merced California.
I’ve got a 2012 tundra DC, tires and leveling kit were the only upgrades.
I have no overland experience but very passionate to learn and enjoy the outdoors

Attachments

ralphs_tj

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Miami, FL
First Name
Rafael
Last Name
Torres
Member #

Hi all,
I'm excited to get started in the overloading world! I've had my Jeep Wrangler for 11 years now and have mostly done some light offroading and hunting with it.
Rig: 2006 Jeep Wrangler SE (2.4L)
Experience: offroading, camping, hunting, new to "overlanding"IMG_1099.jpg

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi guys, I’m cole from Merced California.
I’ve got a 2012 tundra DC, tires and leveling kit were the only upgrades.
I have no overland experience but very passionate to learn and enjoy the outdoors
Welcome to Overland Bound

Welcome to Overland Bound!
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

I am one of the U.S. West Member Representatives, if there is anything I can do to help message me at @Magic Mike
If you have any questions message your Regional Director on the forum at @Narbob

Also there is a very good monthly meetup in Ripon, Ca.. Check Rally Points for further information, or contact @PapaDave here on the forums.

Reactions: Cole1228

Cole1228

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Merced, CA, USA
First Name
Cole
Last Name
Calos
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound

Welcome to Overland Bound!
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

I am one of the U.S. West Member Representatives, if there is anything I can do to help message me at @Magic Mike
If you have any questions message your Regional Director on the forum at @Narbob

Also there is a very good monthly meetup in Ripon, Ca.. Check Rally Points for further information, or contact @PapaDave here on the forums.
Thank you and yes I have seen the Ripon event unfortunately I’m working on that day but I will keep looking.
By the way, is ham radio a requirement on all the trips as I still don’t have a license.

Reactions: Magic Mike

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello everyone!

I’m Michael. I’m originally from Springfield, MO, but recently moved from Clearwater, FL to El Dorado, AR for work.

Rigs: 2000 Toyota 4Runner SR5
2008 Toyota 4Runner SR5 with center diff locker

I’m just now getting into the hobby. Going to start building out the 08 as an overland vehicle.
Welcome from central Oklahoma.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Beau (@Utahlasvegas ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.
Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning
I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Thank you and yes I have seen the Ripon event unfortunately I’m working on that day but I will keep looking.
By the way, is ham radio a requirement on all the trips as I still don’t have a license.
In October we will be meeting in Ripon CA again if you can make it. Hope you are doing good!

HAM is not required but tends to be our favorite form of communication for many reasons. You can however find very inexpensive Baofeng radios to listen with, although you get what you pay for. :)

Reactions: Cole1228

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
No Ham Radio is not required, but obviously Ham is preferred. in my meetup in Auburn there are only 3 of us that are licensed and have ham radios. So if you have at least a a GMRS or CB radio you'll be fine until your licensed with ham.

Ruedger455

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Summerville, South Carolina, United States
First Name
kimber
Last Name
ruedger
Member #

Current Vehicle: 1996 toyota 4runner limited

Experience: novice,

I've been in the outdoors for as long as I can remember. My parents have always instilled this into me, as I got older the love for the outdoors never left. I got into bushcrafting then just this year discovered overlanding and fell in love. Look forward to building my rig into something great that me and my family can enjoy for years to come.

Attachments

Coreymol

Local Expert, Texas USA

Guardian I

Boerne, Texas, United States
First Name
Corey
Last Name
Molinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WREM781 on GMRS
Service Branch
Army
Hey everyone. I’m Corey I live in San Antonio Texas. Not new to overlanding and the off road scene, but I’ve been out of it for a while. Looking to get back into it and get out and explore more.
Currently I’m in a 2018 Tacoma

I’m a safety and security manager (physical and IT) as well as a FAA Licensed drone pilot.

Former US Army. Former firefighter paramedic.

Last edited:

Overlanderic

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

New Jersey, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Shenton
Member #

New member,

hello to anyone who reads this. My name is Eric and I’m currently living in New Jersey, I’m going to be quite frank and say I’m a total noob here. I currently have a 16 4Runner Trail and I’ve got it all set up for our (my girlfriend and I) first overland trip. We are planning to go from NJ to VA for overland expo east. I was hoping to maybe find some OB members to meet and a beer with while we are enjoying the weekend.C4E6BA8D-E53B-4CA2-B157-8022452A403F.jpeg

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Corey (@Coreymol ) , welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.