Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

jrbechthold

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Little Elm, Texas
Member #

Greetings! I'm Robert! Proud to have joined the crew!
View attachment 6496
1) Currently in Monterey, CA. I'm in the Army, so I move every few years, so might see some of you across the U.S.
2) Currently drive a 2016 JKU and have an 87' Wrangler YJ getting brought back to life.
3) As far as Overlanding experience I'd say I'm an intermediate. The Army has provided me with a lot of experience, but I know there is a lot left for me to learn and experience.
4) Adventure has always been an interest of mine. I love exploring and pushing myself to the limit.View attachment 6497
Love Monterey! Met my wife at DLI 18 years ago! Welcome!

Reactions: Matt_Whitman

Ranger

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

IMG_20160726_134940993.jpg IMG_20160803_164720044_HDR.jpg Add me to the OB ranks. I am a father, husband, Park Ranger, Coloradan, and 4runner owner.
98 4runner, 4x4, elocker. Mildly modified. 3" lift, roof rack, winch, and a ton of maintenance. Built a drawer system, because it's nearly impossible to fit the wife, 2 kids, Belgian shepherd, and gear in this thing.
We typically only do one-two night trips, so overlanding is pushing it for us.

Sparcs

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Germany
First Name
Carsten
Last Name
Stier
Hello! My name is Carsten

Current Vehicle: 2007 Land Rover Defender 110
Previous Vehicle: Lotus Super Seven
Overland Experience: Novice

In 2014 I was on a Trip all around Iceland in a rental car. Now I'm preparing my own car to get back there in 2017!

Dunco

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Warwick Queensland Autralia
First Name
Kris
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VK4FABX
Hello! My name is Carsten

Current Vehicle: 2007 Land Rover Defender 110
Previous Vehicle: Lotus Super Seven
Overland Experience: Novice

In 2014 I was on a Trip all around Iceland in a rental car. Now I'm preparing my own car to get back there in 2017!
Welcome mate good to have you aboard...... defenders are a awesome bit of kit feel free to chuck some pictures up HERE or start a build thread HERE so we can follow along with your build :)

mylilpwny

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Hi guys I am brand new to overlanding. I have done many different forms of offroading in the past, motocross, 4x4, prerunners so on. I have also done alot of road racing as well. My wife and i love to camp and she wanted to get back into it and i thought overlanding. Mix her love of camping with my love of being off the beaten path. Look forward to having many fun adventures. I do not have an "overland" rig yet but will be starting my build soon on a 2003 gmc envoy (trail blazer) not my first choice of vehicle but hwy when its free ya run with it.

Dunco

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Warwick Queensland Autralia
First Name
Kris
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VK4FABX
Hi guys I am brand new to overlanding. I have done many different forms of offroading in the past, motocross, 4x4, prerunners so on. I have also done alot of road racing as well. My wife and i love to camp and she wanted to get back into it and i thought overlanding. Mix her love of camping with my love of being off the beaten path. Look forward to having many fun adventures. I do not have an "overland" rig yet but will be starting my build soon on a 2003 gmc envoy (trail blazer) not my first choice of vehicle but hwy when its free ya run with it.
gday mate welcome to the fun house good to have ya,nothing wrong with a GMC bud it will get you where you wonna go best thing about this place we dont care what you drive its all about getting out there and enjoying it

Matt_Whitman

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Claremont Nh
Member #

Welcome aboard.

Learch

Rank 0

Contributor I

What's going on. I'm josh and new to Overlanding. I'm currently in Wildomar Ca . I have 2 overland vehicles. First is a highly modified Suzuki DR650. The second is a highly modified 86 ford bronco you see in my avitar. I'm a heavy equipment mechanic and fabercator for work and fun. Married with twins and looking for good people to play in the dirt with.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve

mylilpwny

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

What's going on. I'm josh and new to Overlanding. I'm currently in Wildomar Ca . I have 2 overland vehicles. First is a highly modified Suzukie DR650. The second is a highly modified 86 ford bronco you see in my avitar. I'm a heavy equipment mechanic and fabercator for work and fun. Married with twins and looking for good people to play in the dirt with.
Hey man welcome, glad to know there are others around me. Im just over Ortega from you in san juan capistrano