Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Maryland, USA
First Name
Derick
Last Name
Call
Member #

Hi everyone! My name is Derick I have a 2014 Nissan xterra that is pretty well setup she always gets me to where I want to go or gets me out if I go to far lol. I'm not super experienced as an over lander but I wouldnt quite call myself a novice. Im in the Army and I am stationed at Fort Meade Maryland. Any way... here is a pic of my rig.

Attachments

Enthusiast I

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Arndt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DHU
Reactions: Prerunner1982

Contributor II

Mount Holly, NC
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Giszczak
Hey Everyone. Very happy to be joining this community! My wife and I are both looking to get out there and find our adventures!

We are starting with a stock 2015 Silverado LT Z71 4wd Crew Cab short bed. This is my first truck and I'm excited to get this build underway. We are located in the Charlotte, NC area and love taking trips towards the mountains.

Between my mine and my wife's experience with overlanding we have a combine total of NONE.....but we are eager to learn and can't wait to get out there.

The truck has gone through some minor updates. I have a 2" level on the front, and currently running 31.6" street tires (metric 265/65/18). I will def need to upgrade the tires in the near future to make sure they are not a weak point. Also removed the front bumper air dam for some extra ground clearance and added a bull bar for some basic protection. The other updates aren't overland related but threw on soft tonneau cover, some side steps, and flowmasters cus who doesn't like the sound of their own vehicle.

Plans in the Near Future:
1) Need to invest in some A/T or M/T tires. Grip and sidewall protection are definitely a priority. Might start with some max tracs or something until I can afford new rubber. Also a portable Air Compressor, and jump box.

2) Getting a Bed Tent and air mattress to get us going on some basic overnighters or weekend excursions.

Plans over the next year:
1) Plan on saving up to get a good rooftop tent and rack that I can run with a tonneau cover. (Any suggestions please chime in. So far Front Runner seems to be the best option I have seen)
2) Will need to learn about extra battery or solar power so I don't drain the truck with running lights or accessories. (not the best electrician so again please feel free to chime in on what has worked for others.

Anything else will be determined after we start getting out there and figuring out what else we need. I'm really looking forward to gaining more knowledge and start having fun adventures. Thanks in advance for all of your help and hope to be able to meet up at somepoint!

Attachments

Enthusiast I

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Arndt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DHU
Hey Everyone. Very happy to be joining this community! My wife and I are both looking to get out there and find our adventures!

We are starting with a stock 2015 Silverado LT Z71 4wd Crew Cab short bed. This is my first truck and I'm excited to get this build underway. We are located in the Charlotte, NC area and love taking trips towards the mountains.

Between my mine and my wife's experience with overlanding we have a combine total of NONE.....but we are eager to learn and can't wait to get out there.

The truck has gone through some minor updates. I have a 2" level on the front, and currently running 31.6" street tires (metric 265/65/18). I will def need to upgrade the tires in the near future to make sure they are not a weak point. Also removed the front bumper air dam for some extra ground clearance and added a bull bar for some basic protection. The other updates aren't overland related but threw on soft tonneau cover, some side steps, and flowmasters cus who doesn't like the sound of their own vehicle.

1) Need to invest in some A/T or M/T tires. Grip and sidewall protection are definitely a priority. Might start with some max tracs or something until I can afford new rubber. Also a portable Air Compressor, and jump box.

2) Getting a Bed Tent and air mattress to get us going on some basic overnighters or weekend excursions.

1) Plan on saving up to get a good rooftop tent and rack that I can run with a tonneau cover. (Any suggestions please chime in. So far Front Runner seems to be the best option I have seen)
2) Will need to learn about extra battery or solar power so I don't drain the truck with running lights or accessories. (not the best electrician so again please feel free to chime in on what has worked for others.

Anything else will be determined after we start getting out there and figuring out what else we need. I'm really looking forward to gaining more knowledge and start having fun adventures. Thanks in advance for all of your help and hope to be able to meet up at somepoint!
Welcome to the Team - My wife and I are starting our overlanding and looking to take it to the next level soon (along with our youngest son!) cant wait to tour the back country here in the west!)

--Arndt Lost

19mystic96

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Pacifica, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
M
Hey all,

I wanted to introduce myself. I'm excited to join this forum and learn more about overlanding. I've always had an adventure bug, but recently has gotten much worse (in a good way) and I've been wanting to get out and find new places to see/camp.

I've been into off-roading all my life, mostly fast paced pre-running, but I now have the bug to slow it down a bit and see the sights the world gave us. I know I might not have the best overlanding vehicle, but I gotta do the best I can with what I've currently got.

I live in San Francisco, only hours away from the sierras and all they have to offer.

heres a pic of my 2010 Ford Raptor when I was down in Baja with the EXO guys.

moparj

Rank 0

Contributor I

Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Power
Hello from Newfoundland,Canada. We’ve been avid jeepers and campers for years now, purchased a rtt this year and spent 2 weeks travelling the island this summer with a different location every night, started a little local group (Overland Newfoundland) hoping to provide locals and visitors with some information for travelling Newfoundland. Happy to be part of this group!

3037EBB4-0849-4501-932E-F2354FB7C3C6.jpg

19mystic96

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Pacifica, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
M
Hello from Newfoundland,Canada. We’ve been avid jeepers and campers for years now, purchased a rtt this year and spent 2 weeks travelling the island this summer with a different location every night, started a little local group (Overland Newfoundland) hoping to provide locals and visitors with some information for travelling Newfoundland. Happy to be part of this group!
quite a setup there!

Reactions: Kent R and moparj

tang2kiwi

Rank 0

Contributor I

Salt Lake City, UT, USA
First Name
ANDREW
Last Name
TO
Hello all!!! newbie here from slc. here to learn as much as i can and go explore with my family.
just traded y 2016 trd pro 4runner for a 2019 trd sport sequoia. i know its not as off road worthy out of the box like the runner is but i want to see what its capable of. if anyone has built or is currently building a 2nd gen sequoia I'd love to check out your buildUSER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1567284933356.jpg_1567284944749.jpegIMG_20190316_194118_338.jpgIMG_20190310_195420_605.jpg

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
I am a retired 71 yr old grandmother living in San Jose, CA
who loves being in nature, camping and hiking. I am uncomfortable solo camping on ground with human and animals roaming so just got a Tepui Ayer on my 2006 Honda CRV. I borrowed a RTT from a friend of my son's and went on a solo trip close to home prior to purchase of my Tepui. Taking off next week for first solo in Ayer. I have a strudy 3 step folding step stool to assist with set up and take down.
Welcome to Overland Bound. Like @Kent R stated if you any question or concerns feel free to contact me anytime @Magic Mike

Reactions: Kent R

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello all!!! newbie here from slc. here to learn as much as i can and go explore with my family.
just traded y 2016 trd pro 4runner for a 2019 trd sport sequoia. i know its not as off road worthy out of the box like the runner is but i want to see what its capable of. if anyone has built or is currently building a 2nd gen sequoia I'd love to check out your buildView attachment 116450View attachment 116451View attachment 116452
Welcome to Overland Bound, very nice rigs...

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
just traded y 2016 trd pro 4runner for a 2019 trd sport sequoia. i know its not as off road worthy out of the box like the runner is but i want to see what its capable of. if anyone has built or is currently building a 2nd gen sequoia I'd love to check out your buildView attachment 116450View attachment 116451View attachment 116452
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

View attachment 116436

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: moparj

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all,

I wanted to introduce myself. I'm excited to join this forum and learn more about overlanding. I've always had an adventure bug, but recently has gotten much worse (in a good way) and I've been wanting to get out and find new places to see/camp.

I've been into off-roading all my life, mostly fast paced pre-running, but I now have the bug to slow it down a bit and see the sights the world gave us. I know I might not have the best overlanding vehicle, but I gotta do the best I can with what I've currently got.

I live in San Francisco, only hours away from the sierras and all they have to offer.

heres a pic of my 2010 Ford Raptor when I was down in Baja with the EXO guys.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Magic Mike

Our upcoming Rally Sierras:
Overland Bound Rally Sierras 2019 + New 2-Day Off-Road//Overland Training Event

Reactions: 19mystic96

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone! My name is Derick I have a 2014 Nissan xterra that is pretty well setup she always gets me to where I want to go or gets me out if I go to far lol. I'm not super experienced as an over lander but I wouldnt quite call myself a novice. Im in the Army and I am stationed at Fort Meade Maryland. Any way... here is a pic of my rig.

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Interim Regional Director is @Kent R.
Your Member Representatives are;
@Team Harrington - Vermont, Main, New Hampshire
@EscoTerrestrial - New York, Rhode Island, Connecticut
@Wawa Skittletits - Pennsylvania, New Jersey, West Virginia
@NovaBound - Virginia, Maryland, Delaware

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all. My name is Trevor. Never heard of overlanding before but it sounds interesting. I have a 2017 Ram 1500 that I just purchased. I do enjoy off roading but do not do much of that as of yet. I have traveled East coast to west many many times. I have driven through Canada to Alaska and have enjoyed it. While I have had specific destinations to go to I always choose to drive as I love seeing this country. I would consider myself a novice overlander. I am currently stationed in Alameda CA while my wife and kids live in Idaho. I will be able to go home for good in a year's time. Thank you for the opportunity to join this group and learn more about overlanding.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director for help or information. In the West its @Narbob and the PNW (ID) its @Jedi.

While your stationed in Alameda you might want to contact the closest Member Representative @Magic Mike for information about Overland Bound.

Thank you for your service.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good afternoon,

William from the San Antonio, TX area. Originally from Montana. Love camping and the outdoor lifestyle. I drive a 2017 Ram Power Wagon and have about two years in the build so far. It's always changing. I find something to change every time I take it out. She's been as far north as Alaska and south to the Mexican border.

View attachment 116128

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982 & @Iwata77

Reactions: Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
hello, my name is Alan, I live in Oklahoma. I have been offroading since I was 18, I am now 60. I have owned some great vehicles, jeep, toyota, chevy truck. I have done everything from mud racing to sand, and rock crawling. I am in no way an expert on anything. recently I needed a newer truck and got a 2013 Ram 1500, 5.7 hemi, 6 speed trans. I hope to make an overland camping, fishing, etc. rig out of it. It will be slow, as I am on disability, but I hope to get good info here. and one day have an awsome rig.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982 & @Iwata77.

Reactions: Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone

I am transitioning from backpack camping to Overlanding.
I bought a 2012 Lexus GX 460 and have been planning my build with the deadline of the end of October to drive from MD to Moab UT. Lot's to do and this forum has been a fantastic resource for ideas!
View attachment 116048

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Interim Regional Director is @Kent R.
Your Member Representatives are;
@Team Harrington - Vermont, Main, New Hampshire
@EscoTerrestrial - New York, Rhode Island, Connecticut
@Wawa Skittletits - Pennsylvania, New Jersey, West Virginia
@NovaBound - Virginia, Maryland, Delaware

If you need any advise when you are in Moab dont hesitate to contact our Rocky Mountain Director @Cendee who can answer questions about the area.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova