Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Just got my number 18437 definitely hope to meet with some of y'all if anyone is close to WisconsinView attachment 115978
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi folks,

I’m Nate from Athens, GA. I’m new to overlanding but excited to get started. I did quite a bit of camping as a kid and served several years in the Army but haven't spent as much time outdoors as I would like in recent years. I recently purchased a 2019 Toyota Tundra but didn’t have overlanding in mind (bought the truck for working around the house and to replace the accord I had for 14 years). I was looking for camping equipment and came across overlanding and had no idea what it was but it seems to be just what I'm looking for. My truck is completely stock but I’m happy to go on short trips in the area if anyone has something planned. I’ll work on getting the truck up to speed as I go.
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All,

I'm Danny located in the Houston, TX area and just became a member. I have been travelling all over US on motorcycles in the last 10 years and also road trip everywhere in my car. In the last year or so I have become very interested in the Overland experience and I am just really getting started. Looking forward to great expeditions ahead and possibly meeting some of y'all on the road.

Rig: 2011 Chevy Tahoe 4x4 (Upgrades in progress)
Experience: Been camping a bunch of times, but no overlanding experience.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982 & @Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello. I'm Ivan from Texas. Have a 2006 Tacoma DCLB that im building out slowly. We recently became empty nesters and are trying to fill the void. Used to 4 wheel a lot when I was younger, in Puerto Rico, but that was a long time ago. We owned a '77 FJ-40, '87 4Runner, '88 Zook Samurai, a Baja bug and a sand rail.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982 & @Iwata77.

The DFW area is just getting going again with a meet-up, if your interested check out this Rally Point for details.
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/dfw-monthly-recurring-overland-bound-meet/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 115884

Rig: 2003 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Experience: Really don't know how to put this since I don't really enjoy off roaders who brag about how good they are. I've done a decent amount of overlanding in Kentucky on the DBBB and the KAT and have done a little bit here in Ohio especially in the Hocking Hills area. Overlanding on the DBBB is what brought me here trying to figure out where certain trails were and seeing some of the members YouTube videos for the area.

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good morning. My name is James and I'm very excited to sign up here. I am new to overlanding for the most part. I've run the K Trail in Oklahoma before it was closed. At least I think it was before it was closed! I generally take off weekends and run forest roads in the Ouachita national forest. I have a 09 Jeep Wrangler I use for my trips. I live in Gun Barrel City Texas.View attachment 115874

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982 & @Iwata77.

The DFW area is just getting going again with a meet-up, if your interested check out this Rally Point for details.
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/dfw-monthly-recurring-overland-bound-meet/

Endor Runner

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor III

Texas
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Lemp
Hello Zach (@Endor Runner ), welcome from Oklahoma. Originally from west Texas myself. You aren't too far from a popular destination for Texas overlanders, Big Bend.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.
Thanks for the great info! Im in Del Rio.

Reactions: Prerunner1982

alloffroad44

Rank 0

Contributor I

oklahoma
First Name
Alan
Last Name
Land
hello, my name is Alan, I live in Oklahoma. I have been offroading since I was 18, I am now 60. I have owned some great vehicles, jeep, toyota, chevy truck. I have done everything from mud racing to sand, and rock crawling. I am in no way an expert on anything. recently I needed a newer truck and got a 2013 Ram 1500, 5.7 hemi, 6 speed trans. I hope to make an overland camping, fishing, etc. rig out of it. It will be slow, as I am on disability, but I hope to get good info here. and one day have an awsome rig.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Alan (@alloffroad44 ), welcome from Central Oklahoma. What part of the state are you in?

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

I am one of the SW Region Member Reps so if you have any questions let me know, @Iwata77 is another Member Rep in the Tulsa area.

Last edited:
Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hi all, excited to be a part of this group. Fairly new to the world of overlanding but have been building up my dream rig for the past two years. Moved to the Seattle, WA area a little over a year ago from Austin, TX and am really enjoying getting used to the new terrain out here on the PNW. I would love to learn more about overlanding safety, recovery, and driving best practices. I mostly travel alone, so I'm a little more timid than I would like to be but have still managed to put about 5k off road miles on my truck in the rear I've been out here.

Member #20169

2017 Toyota Tundra Limited 4x4 Off Road package
Icon Stage 4 Suspension
Expedition One rear bumper
Fab Fours front bumper (no winch - actively looking for a new winch ready bumper that I like)
ARE Camper Shell (i made a mistake by not getting the HD version so It can't bare a lot of weight and I don't have the swing open side windows)
2x Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform room racks
Foxwing awning
Decked bed drawers
Ultimate Rod Case fly rod holder and Rhino Rack 4 rod fishing rod holder

View attachment 115767View attachment 115768View attachment 115766View attachment 115764View attachment 115763View attachment 115765View attachment 115769View attachment 115770
Welcome from Whidbey Island. Make sure to check out the local region's forums for events and meetups. Also the Rally Point system is very helpful. The NorthWest region also has a FB page.

If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums or PM me at @Gabriel Bozeman.

Love the Tundra. Think I've seen it around.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

New guy here, currently in TX moved from WA. Been off-roading in my jeep for a bit now. Looking forward to learning from you guys. I have zero overlanding experience but eager to get into it. Planning on building up my ‘12 Jeep Wrangler.
Welcome! What part of WA where you in?

southtxpilot

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Fair Oaks Ranch, TX, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Richardson
Member #

Good afternoon,

William from the San Antonio, TX area. Originally from Montana. Love camping and the outdoor lifestyle. I drive a 2017 Ram Power Wagon and have about two years in the build so far. It's always changing. I find something to change every time I take it out. She's been as far north as Alaska and south to the Mexican border.

IMG_2958.jpg

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello William (@southtxpilot) , welcome from Oklahoma. Great looking truck you have there.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a meet up in Round Rock this weekend if you are able to make it.

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

Rikerlee

Rank 0

Contributor I

Alameda, CA, USA
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
Cameron
Hello all. My name is Trevor. Never heard of overlanding before but it sounds interesting. I have a 2017 Ram 1500 that I just purchased. I do enjoy off roading but do not do much of that as of yet. I have traveled East coast to west many many times. I have driven through Canada to Alaska and have enjoyed it. While I have had specific destinations to go to I always choose to drive as I love seeing this country. I would consider myself a novice overlander. I am currently stationed in Alameda CA while my wife and kids live in Idaho. I will be able to go home for good in a year's time. Thank you for the opportunity to join this group and learn more about overlanding.

Attachments

rls002

Rank I

Member I

Salisbury, NC, USA
First Name
Robb
Last Name
Saunders
Member #

Hello, new member here

My name is Joey, I am married and have 2 kids, both boys, 11 and 5. I am an ER RN and a Trauma RN in the CA Army National Guard. I drive a 2018 Toyota Tacoma OR 4x4. Looking to meet some more people to go ride some trails with.
Welcome Joey! Fellow critical care RN here from N.C.!

Reactions: Kent R