Contributor I

Lebanon, OH, USA
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
Cassell
IMG_1085.jpg

Rig: 2003 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Experience: Really don't know how to put this since I don't really enjoy off roaders who brag about how good they are. I've done a decent amount of overlanding in Kentucky on the DBBB and the KAT and have done a little bit here in Ohio especially in the Hocking Hills area. Overlanding on the DBBB is what brought me here trying to figure out where certain trails were and seeing some of the members YouTube videos for the area.

Last edited:

ifeliciano

Rank 0

Contributor I

Arlington, TX, USA
First Name
Ivan
Last Name
Feliciano
Member #

Hello. I'm Ivan from Texas. Have a 2006 Tacoma DCLB that im building out slowly. We recently became empty nesters and are trying to fill the void. Used to 4 wheel a lot when I was younger, in Puerto Rico, but that was a long time ago. We owned a '77 FJ-40, '87 4Runner, '88 Zook Samurai, a Baja bug and a sand rail.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Ivan (@ifeliciano), welcome from Oklahoma. You are at least the 3rd newcomer from the DFW area in the last 2 days! The Ouachita National Forest in SE Oklahoma and the Oachita NF and Ozark NF in Arkansas are common getaways for overlanders in this area.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. As I mentioned to the other new DFW members you just missed the DFW meet but keep an eye out for one later this month.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Reactions: Kent R

Danny Boy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Huntington Beach, California, United States
First Name
Danny
Last Name
Romeyn
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5HKQ
Hello All,

I'm Danny located in the Houston, TX area and just became a member. I have been travelling all over US on motorcycles in the last 10 years and also road trip everywhere in my car. In the last year or so I have become very interested in the Overland experience and I am just really getting started. Looking forward to great expeditions ahead and possibly meeting some of y'all on the road.

Rig: 2011 Chevy Tahoe 4x4 (Upgrades in progress)
Experience: Been camping a bunch of times, but no overlanding experience.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Danny (@Danny Boy ) , welcome from Oklahoma. You Texas guys are blowing up this thread today!

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is occasionally a meetup in Beaumont so keep an eye our for that. I know it's not super close to Houston, but in Texas close is a relative term.

Tater&SweetWheat

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Athens, GA, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Taylor
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4EEV
Hi folks,

I’m Nate from Athens, GA. I’m new to overlanding but excited to get started. I did quite a bit of camping as a kid and served several years in the Army but haven't spent as much time outdoors as I would like in recent years. I recently purchased a 2019 Toyota Tundra but didn’t have overlanding in mind (bought the truck for working around the house and to replace the accord I had for 14 years). I was looking for camping equipment and came across overlanding and had no idea what it was but it seems to be just what I'm looking for. My truck is completely stock but I’m happy to go on short trips in the area if anyone has something planned. I’ll work on getting the truck up to speed as I go.

admpilot

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Akron, OH, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Miller
66A4A65A-D71C-4EBA-B8FF-3234FC8620A3.jpeg
NE Ohio
2019 Chevy Colorado ZR2 CCSB
Novice

I’m Adam,

Started overlanding when I bought my first truck in 2016 and I realized they had these tents that can go on the back. Been into it ever since. Now I’m constantly looking for the next spot, and how I can tweak my setup. I like to spend my time exploring the National Forests mostly. I’ve been all over the lower 48, and now I’m planning an international trip, Baja California.

radiator-fan

Rank 0

Contributor I

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
kyle
Last Name
snowaert
Member #

Hello all, name is Kyle Snowaert.

Rig: 2011 Chevy Silverado 1500
Experience: novice at best?

silverado.jpg

I do have some experience offroad, however, vehicle dependent camping is a new world for me!
Truck currently has a 2" lift and 33" tires. that is about it on the truck for now.
Can't wait to actually get a rack and tent to begin my journey! I'm here to learn and soak up the
atmosphere!

Blend120

Rank 0

Contributor I

NY
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Burrow
Hello, I’m Brian from NY. I recently purchased an 05 Rubicon and replaced all the suspension,skids and steering with Savvy/Currie parts for some wheeling. I came across roof top tents and over landing and thought why haven’t I been doing this? I just purchased a beautiful M-416 Sunday from N.H. and went up and back 8 hours to get it.

Looking forward to learning and getting out with my new rig.
Have a great day,

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Zach (@Endor Runner ), welcome from Oklahoma. Originally from west Texas myself. You aren't too far from a popular destination for Texas overlanders, Big Bend.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, I’m Brian from NY. I recently purchased an 05 Rubicon and replaced all the suspension,skids and steering with Savvy/Currie parts for some wheeling. I came across roof top tents and over landing and thought why haven’t I been doing this? I just purchased a beautiful M-416 Sunday from N.H. and went up and back 8 hours to get it.

Looking forward to learning and getting out with my new rig.
Have a great day,
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Interim Regional Director is @Kent R.
Your Member Representatives are;
@Team Harrington - Vermont, Main, New Hampshire
@EscoTerrestrial - New York, Rhode Island, Connecticut
@Wawa Skittletits - Pennsylvania, New Jersey, West Virginia
@NovaBound - Virginia, Maryland, Delaware

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Looking forward to getting started, thanks for the welcome!

Rig: 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road
Experience: Novice to Overlanding but Experienced in camping and backpacking

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all, name is Kyle Snowaert.

Rig: 2011 Chevy Silverado 1500
Experience: novice at best?

View attachment 116018

I do have some experience offroad, however, vehicle dependent camping is a new world for me!
Truck currently has a 2" lift and 33" tires. that is about it on the truck for now.
Can't wait to actually get a rack and tent to begin my journey! I'm here to learn and soak up the
atmosphere!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: radiator-fan

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello im Zach been into offroading and 4wheeling most of my life but new to overlanding. Im in SW Texas and have a 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP. Looking forward to learning and sharing my build.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982 & @Iwata77

Reactions: Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 116000
NE Ohio
2019 Chevy Colorado ZR2 CCSB
Novice

I’m Adam,

Started overlanding when I bought my first truck in 2016 and I realized they had these tents that can go on the back. Been into it ever since. Now I’m constantly looking for the next spot, and how I can tweak my setup. I like to spend my time exploring the National Forests mostly. I’ve been all over the lower 48, and now I’m planning an international trip, Baja California.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.