Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Contributor I

Super long time lurker, actually my overlandbound sticker has faded from yellow to white it's been on the back of my truck so long. Anyways thought I'd actually post something. Currently operating out of British Columbia Canada, I use a 09 toyota tacoma 4cyl 5spd 4x4, Truck is lifted 3" locked front and rear on 35s, lots of armour, 4.88 gears, I'm also using a tepui kukenam rtt which is handling the trails and road trips very well... here's a couple pics from my last two trips

Last edited:

boehml

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

British Columbia
First Name
Liam
Last Name
-
Member #

Super long time lurker, actually my overlandbound sticker has faded from yellow to white it's been on the back of my truck so long. Anyways thought I'd actually post something. Currently operating out of British Columbia Canada, I use a 09 toyota tacoma 4cyl 5spd 4x4, Truck is lifted 3" locked front and rear on 35s, lots of armour, 4.88 gears, I'm also using a tepui kukenam rtt which is handling the trails and road trips very well... here's a couple pics from my last two trips

Nice Tacoma. I think I've seen you around the Lower Mainland, I recognize the rig.

Reactions: Michael

driftaholic

Rank 0

Contributor I

First post :D

Rig: 2002 G500
Experience: Moderate

Most of my experience is backroads exploration around AZ including rock crawling etc. Looking forward to some farther trips. Me and some friends planning to travel the baja peninsula soon.

I picked up my new (to me) '02 up in SLC over the weekend and drove it back down to AZ. Can't wait to start working on it. I'm comming from a triple locked FZJ80, this was the next logical step.

The old girl she replaced:

jrbechthold

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Little Elm, Texas
Member #

Most of my experience is backroads exploration around AZ including rock crawling etc. Looking forward to some farther trips. Me and some friends planning to travel the baja peninsula soon.

I picked up my new (to me) '02 up in SLC over the weekend and drove it back down to AZ. Can't wait to start working on it. I'm comming from a triple locked FZJ80, this was the next logical step.

Great looking rigs! Can't wait to see what you do with the G500!

jrbechthold

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Little Elm, Texas
Member #

2015 Toyota 4Runner
Experience: Not much.

Originally from Utah (Panguitch) - moved down to Texas in 2015.

I am easy to spot in Texas - my 4Runner is the one with the big red U on the back. Go Utes!

IMG_5402.jpg

I am currently waiting for the wife to give me permission to start "accessorizing" my truck... until then I will keep getting stuck, but having a blast anyway.

IMG_1851.jpg

boehml

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

British Columbia
First Name
Liam
Last Name
-
Member #

I too am interested to see your G500 transform, post up a build thread if you get the chance!

Reactions: Michael

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

2015 Toyota 4Runner
Experience: Not much.

Originally from Utah (Panguitch) - moved down to Texas in 2015.

I am easy to spot in Texas - my 4Runner is the one with the big red U on the back. Go Utes!

View attachment 6614

I am currently waiting for the wife to give me permission to start "accessorizing" my truck... until then I will keep getting stuck, but having a blast anyway.

View attachment 6615
Lol. I'm in the same boat upgrading on small stuff, but for the big orders need to consult with the Boss aka wifey. But still having fun also.

josh_375

Rank III
Launch Member
Supporter

Enthusiast I

South Mississippi
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Summ
Member #

Service Branch
Army
1682!!! Glad to be here. From South Central Mississippi. Been overlanding for many years. I started when I first went into the Army but I never knew it was a term and a entire cultures was built around it until a year ago.
Been building a 2000 Jeep XJ for about 6 months now. Nearly finished with it.

Attachments

Last edited:

Raul Pena

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Georgetown, Tx
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Peña
Member #

Experience: Very little

I am originally from San Antonio, Texas, but I joined the USAF in 1994 and got a chance to travel with the military. When I separated I was back in San Antonio :-)

My wife and I moved to Georgetown in 2014.

I am always up for adventure, I hope to meet a few of you all.

Truckerbizz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Reno NV
Member #

Where is the picture of you on the beach? I'm right over the border and am looking to take a trip to your side of the border

Reactions: stormtrooper

Thatcajunguy

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Mandeville, LA, USA
First Name
Bobby
Last Name
Long
Member #

Goodmorning everyone, my names Drake. I guess I'll introduce myself now

(just north of New Orleans)

Vehicle of Choice: 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4

Overlanding Experience: beginner

Why Overlanding?
Growing up in the sportsman's paradise, I've become an avid outdoorsman. My grandpa (founder of the ecology squad with the NOPD) taught me everything I know about local wild life and their part in nature. My dad, an avid hunter, taught me how to shoot straight. Last but not least, my other grandpa (a Cajun fisherman) thought me to use a fishing pole and what to look for while fishing. The things these three have taught me created my love for the outdoors and my need for adventure. Recently due to working on the road I have not been able to get out much. Loosing one of my outdoor mentors also hit me pretty hard. One Sunday, sitting in the hotel room, I looked up the National Forest in my area. The Sam Houston National Forest. I soon found myself getting in my work truck and traveling down some old back roads (mixture of gravel and dirt) I realized how much I needed that escape, even though it was only one day trip. I planned my first trip in October, starting here in Louisiana. My girlfriend and I plan on taking A week trip through northern Mississippi, Alabama, across Tennessee, and ending in Asheville, NC for the Overland Expo East!

jrbechthold

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Little Elm, Texas
Member #

1682!!! Glad to be here. From South Central Mississippi. Been overlanding for many years. I started when I first went into the Army but I never knew it was a term and a entire cultures was built around it until a year ago.
Been building a 2000 Jeep XJ for about 6 months now. Nearly finished with it.
Hey Josh, welcome! Always nice to meet a fellow grunt! ;-)

Contributor I

Hey everyone!

I am from Claremont, NH
I have a 2010 Jeep Wrangler islander edition with a 2.5" lift and 35's
No over landing experience but I have Offroaded a lot and I have camped.

If you want check out my YouTube channel at YouTube.com/thebeardedjeeper to see what I do with my jeep. If you like any of the videos feel free to share. And subscribe so you don't miss a video.

Hope to see everyone on the trails.

Kyle
AKA The Bearded Jeeper

Matt_Whitman

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Claremont Nh
Member #

Hey everyone!

I am from Claremont, NH
I have a 2010 Jeep Wrangler islander edition with a 2.5" lift and 35's
No over landing experience but I have Offroaded a lot and I have camped.

If you want check out my YouTube channel at YouTube.com/thebeardedjeeper to see what I do with my jeep. If you like any of the videos feel free to share. And subscribe so you don't miss a video.

Hope to see everyone on the trails.

Kyle
AKA The Bearded Jeeper
Welcome bud. Great group here.

Reactions: jrbechthold