Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Scott (@Jeep jeeep ) , welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. You didn't specify where in AZ you are but there are a couple of meet ups around the state, hopefully one is close to you.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Tim (@nakman ), welcome from Oklahoma.
We have an Echolink net on Friday evenings if you would like to join us.
If you aren't able to connect through an Echolink enabled repeater (or DMR or Allstar) there is an app for it as well which many of us use.
If you are an Android user and need assistance hopefully this will help: Echolink App (Android)

Reactions: Kent R

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Chuck (@Rokketz ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. The Dallas area just had a meet up last weekend so keep an eye out for another later this month.

If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone,

My name is Karl and I am a 4WD addict - there I admit it :blush:

I am new here and I live in Rockingham, Western Australia, Australia and I am heavily involved in 4WDing (or Overlanding as you guys refer to it) camping and photography.

I am also the President of the Four Wheel Drive Club of Western Australia - one of our state's biggest 4WD Clubs.

I drive a Nissan Navara D40 (Thai build) automatic turbo diesel and my campertrailer is a Pioneer Longreach.

I look forward to being a part of these forums and keep you guys informed of my adventures along the westcoast of Western Australia.

Thanks for having me.

Karl

My set up.

View attachment 115689

Camping under the Milky Way

View attachment 115690
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Luis Merlo for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from Illinois. Here is the overlanding truck I’m putting together for adventures around North America. It’s a 2018 Toyota Tacoma. I have a roof rack, sliders, and a high clearance bumper on their way. I was stationed in Alaska and camped out of a Toyota Highlander. After that, we camped in central Kansas. That hardly qualified as anything other than camping.

We have planned trips to Wisconsin, Colorado, Virginia, and Kentucky during the next 12 months. I’m looking forward to learning from everyone!

View attachment 115682

View attachment 115688

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good evening.

Short introduction.
Name is Dallas. Grew up hunting, camping, farming. Love outdoors. My wife and I raised our kid's camping and traveling to camp in cool places.

I do not have a "rig" as of right now. I used to have an 85 blazer built. Did almost everything in Moab.

Wife and I are empty nesters as of last month. We will be replacing her 05 Honda pilot with a 4 runner in the next year. The Pilot is an amazing vehicle. No low range.

Anyway, I look forward to progressing into the "Overland" community.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone from Dallas Texas area, new to the forum and to the way of life. I'm in the process of making a few modifications to my two 100 series vehicles, i have a 1999 Landcruiser and a 2000 LX470. Not 100% sure which one (yet) will ultimately end up being my primary rig. I look forward to learning a great deal from the forum and I am already in the process of planning my first trip. I have tons of experience camping and have moderate to good mechanical skill (i do most of all the work on my cruisers). Thanks for the forum!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

The DFW area is just getting going again with a meet-up, if your interested check out this Rally Point for details.
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/dfw-monthly-recurring-overland-bound-meet/

If you have any questions your Regional Director is @brien on the forum, and the closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982 & @Iwata77

Reactions: Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 115533
nothing crazy just got it.
2019 taco with manual trans :)

i stay in the Memphis,TN area. Been lookin for places to camp and overland/weekend trip it to. Kinda sparce around here though sadly

Does being attached to artillery in the military count for experience lololol?
Welcome To Overland Bound

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings all... stumbled over here today searching for some rack accessories, had no idea! I'm kinda old school Toyota, so relatively new to the IG scene but will do my best to remember to poke over here also. My name is Tim, have had a number or rigs over the years the current ones are a 1982 FJ40, 1987 FJ60, and 2006 GX470- the Lexus is the overlanding rig for the moment, as I work on getting the 60 fit for duty. I'm also an active member and officer of the Rising Sun 4x4 Club in Colorado, and have been a TLCA member since 2003, been running/leading trails for 15 years now. I suspect you other Toyota guys will recognize me, yeah I'm the same guy.

I also own and operate my own business called Gamiviti... we offer a number of overlanding products, the main product line being our own design of roof racks for Toyota & Lexus.. I'm not here to promot, as I'm mainly here to learn and add value. Thanks for having me!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thank you for the add. Semi-new to this overland thing, i am used to sleeping in my vehicles so theres a start.

Well i have an 03 chevy 2500HD crew cab short bed 6.0L 4L80E with 4:10s. I would to turn that into an overlander. But. Im debating on going on a cheaper route. There is a ZJ for sale down the road form my buddys house. Good shape, already lifted, has the 42re trans already in it.

I figure i can get the ZJ done for alot less money, and i cam wait to do my truck. What do yall think? Any imput is appreciated. View attachment 115510

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Interim Regional Director is @Kent R.
Your Member Representatives are;
@Team Harrington - Vermont, Main, New Hampshire
@EscoTerrestrial - New York, Rhode Island, Connecticut
@Wawa Skittletits - Pennsylvania, New Jersey, West Virginia
@NovaBound - Virginia, Maryland, Delaware

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy from the desert South West. We are very much getting into overlanding and enjoying it. Our JKU is far from complete but has proven itself more than capable.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: Jeep jeeep

Rokketz

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Prosper, TX, USA
First Name
Chuck
Last Name
Washburn
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5ATP
Hello Chuck (@Rokketz ), welcome from Oklahoma.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. The Dallas area just had a meet up last weekend so keep an eye out for another later this month.

If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.
Thank you! great information!!

SavageJak

Rank 0

Contributor I

Connecticut
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Bradshaw
Greetings!

Location: Southern CT for now...probably moving to NH by spring 2020. Fingers crossed.
Rig: 2015 Dodge Ram
Alternate: 2008 Rav4
Trailer Build in-process
Experience: Beginner/Intermediate. I've driven everything with wheels or treads through all kinds of terrain. And I have backpacked and camped a ton. Just putting the two together for the first time.

Looking forward to learning and getting to know the community!

rls002

Rank I

Member I

Salisbury, NC, USA
First Name
Robb
Last Name
Saunders
Member #

Greetings!

Location: Southern CT for now...probably moving to NH by spring 2020. Fingers crossed.
Rig: 2015 Dodge Ram
Alternate: 2008 Rav4
Trailer Build in-process
Experience: Beginner/Intermediate. I've driven everything with wheels or treads through all kinds of terrain. And I have backpacked and camped a ton. Just putting the two together for the first time.

Looking forward to learning and getting to know the community!
I traded my 2015 RAM Laramie 4 X 4 in May. I now drive a Passport Elite AWD in crystal black pearl.
Never been to NH but hear it’s nice.
No real experience here in over landing some camping but not much with my back issues. I have to sleep on a cot and pad off the ground. I guess I’m more of a car camper than anything, LOL! Plus, I love to cook and eat. Backpacking has truly escaped me in 45 years of nursing.

Tuck1562

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lancaster, PA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Krause
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3RQG
Finally pulled the trigger.... Looking forward to getting out there. 2002 WJ (work in progress), Hoping to have set up soon for vehicle based camping, weekend trips around PA to hone skills and figure out what works and what doesn't. I will have plenty of questions, Thank you!!

Attachments

Binky

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Renton, WA, USA
First Name
Binky
Last Name
Launius
Member #

Hi all, excited to be a part of this group. Fairly new to the world of overlanding but have been building up my dream rig for the past two years. Moved to the Seattle, WA area a little over a year ago from Austin, TX and am really enjoying getting used to the new terrain out here on the PNW. I would love to learn more about overlanding safety, recovery, and driving best practices. I mostly travel alone, so I'm a little more timid than I would like to be but have still managed to put about 5k off road miles on my truck in the rear I've been out here.

Member #20169

2017 Toyota Tundra Limited 4x4 Off Road package
Icon Stage 4 Suspension
Expedition One rear bumper
Fab Fours front bumper (no winch - actively looking for a new winch ready bumper that I like)
ARE Camper Shell (i made a mistake by not getting the HD version so It can't bare a lot of weight and I don't have the swing open side windows)
2x Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform room racks
Foxwing awning
Decked bed drawers
Ultimate Rod Case fly rod holder and Rhino Rack 4 rod fishing rod holder

Lucy_02.jpgmountainsd.jpghigh.jpgbeach.jpg20171111_131031.jpgEORB02.jpgqueets.jpgsticker.jpg