Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
First of all, thank you for the opportunity on becoming a new member of such a respected community.

Located in Miami, Florida.

Have a couple of FJ40's and an FZJ-80 Series on its way soon.

Love the outdoors, hiked and camped at Grand Canyon twice. Kids are grown up, wife and I planning road trips near future.

Life is good, respect one another.

Thanks again.
Fernando
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Reactions: Bugout80

Nanuka

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Sanford, FL, USA
First Name
Jessica
Last Name
Tooley
Member #

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.
Thank you so much, Kent! Very happy to see a meet n' greet not even 15mins away from home, later this month. Appreciate the warm welcome and opportunities ahead.

Reactions: PapaDave

rls002

Rank I

Member I

Salisbury, NC, USA
First Name
Robb
Last Name
Saunders
Member #

New year here. I’m Robb.
I have a 2019 Honda Passport Elite AWD in crystal black pearl.
My experience: VERY novice.
Ready to semi-retire and found this Passport to exceed my suburban expectations!
Today, I discovered I apparently need a LOT of help navigating this black beauty I drive; I hit a granite curb and sliced my tire and damaged one of my awesome 20” gloss black wheels, LOL! Ugh! I only have 1052 miles on my vehicle and I’m really bummed.
I’ve enclosed some photos from they day I took ownership. I’m now looking at changing the wheel/tire combination after my incident today and I’m trying to plan a trip perhaps off the beaten path once the transition is complete. Struggling with a potential lift kit too. Advice in any form is appreciated. Thanks ahead of time. I’m thrilled to be here!

Greg Rich

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Talent, Oregon
First Name
Gregory
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7KAI
Greetings fellow Earthlings and Explorers! I'm Greg.
Been debating about joining for a few years and finally did today. I have been curious to see how many others in southern Oregon shared an interest in getting out and exploring. I am also interested in routes or trails others have done in our area and to see if there were any meet-ups or organized trips. My interest is in exploring, seeing new places, historical or geologic points of interest, and beautiful places. No interest in rock crawling or extreme four-wheeling. I'm a budget overlander with a fairly stock 1st gen Tundra, Bilstein shocks, leveling kit , and Cooper AT3 tires are the only mods. Hope to see you out exploring!

BlackToySteve

Rank IV

Explorer I

Spokane Valley, WA, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Morgan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7GYB - GMRS WROK981
Hello! My name is Steve and I'm happy to part of this great group of people. My ugly mug is over there in my avatar. Also included in my tribe is my wife and two little girls who are 1 & 3. We reside in Spokane Valley, Washington.

I have two overland capable vehicles, a 2004 4Runner 4WD V6 that's stock save for airbags and a 1994 Toyota T100 4WD that is re-geared to 5.29s and a front Lock-Right.
My experience level is moderate. I grew up in the country and have off-roaded and dirt-roaded a bit, and camped a bit, but have rarely married the two together. Here is a good reason to do that.

I hope to be a good and contributing member of this group and overall movement.
IMG_0449.JPG
IMG_2578.JPG

Phuck_It_Im_Done

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Howell, Monmouth County, New Jersey, United States
First Name
Gavin
Last Name
Scott
Member #

Hey all, new member here though I've watched via IG for about a year. Currently running a 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser. From Maryland.
Pretty new to overlanding, have been more into camping and whatnot, but with the new vehicle, a whole new world has been opened. Been on a few trips so far, more planned.
I've always been more a racecar and speed based guy, but as the family has grown, and adventures shifted this has become more and more awesome.

Attachments

JoelIII

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

Hello! My name is Steve and I'm happy to part of this great group of people. My ugly mug is over there in my avatar. Also included in my tribe is my wife and two little girls who are 1 & 3. We reside in Spokane Valley, Washington.

I have two overland capable vehicles, a 2004 4Runner 4WD V6 that's stock save for airbags and a 1994 Toyota T100 4WD that is re-geared to 5.29s and a front Lock-Right.
My experience level is moderate. I grew up in the country and have off-roaded and dirt-roaded a bit, and camped a bit, but have rarely married the two together. Here is a good reason to do that.

View attachment 115448
View attachment 115452
Welcome from NC!

Reactions: Kent R

JoelIII

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

Hey all, new member here though I've watched via IG for about a year. Currently running a 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser. From Maryland.
Pretty new to overlanding, have been more into camping and whatnot, but with the new vehicle, a whole new world has been opened. Been on a few trips so far, more planned.
I've always been more a racecar and speed based guy, but as the family has grown, and adventures shifted this has become more and more awesome.
Welcome from NC!

JoelIII

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

Hello Joel!! NC guy here too!! Nice to be here and nice to know other Carolinians are part of the group. I’m sure we aren’t alone.
No were not, I've been a part of this group for a few months and talked to quite a few folks from NC. Haven't met with anyone yet but I've been pretty busy with work and haven't gotten a chance to attend any meet up's either.

Reactions: Kent R and rls002

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
I forgot to enclose photos. Sorry.
Hi and welcome! Well.....you need new wheels :)
You don’t have much sidewall which means you’ll be likely to pop your tires often if you do more than gravel roads. The sidewalls don’t allow any flex and will pitch. On a long corrugated road the sidewalks will heat up and my fail thermally and rip. Happens on some street Range Rovers when people push them. So something to consider for your black beauty! :)

Reactions: Kent R and rls002

rls002

Rank I

Member I

Salisbury, NC, USA
First Name
Robb
Last Name
Saunders
Member #

You don’t have much sidewall which means you’ll be likely to pop your tires often if you do more than gravel roads. The sidewalls don’t allow any flex and will pitch. On a long corrugated road the sidewalks will heat up and my fail thermally and rip. Happens on some street Range Rovers when people push them. So something to consider for your black beauty! :)
Already on my wish list, believe me. Would you have suggestions? I drive asphalt 99% of the time so I’m interested in maintaining the quietness of the cabin. I really like the Jsport wheel/tire and package deal which includes a lift and skid plate. Any thoughts?

rls002

Rank I

Member I

Salisbury, NC, USA
First Name
Robb
Last Name
Saunders
Member #

I actually knew my drivers side tire today! On a CURB! Ugh. Labor Day weekend and I’m stranded and unhappy with such a nice vehicle. I had plans. Perhaps those plans should wait for different tires/wheels. Thanks for your feedback!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Interim Regional Director is @Kent R.
Your Member Representatives are;
@Team Harrington - Vermont, Main, New Hampshire
@EscoTerrestrial - New York, Rhode Island, Connecticut
@Wawa Skittletits - Pennsylvania, New Jersey, West Virginia
@NovaBound - Virginia, Maryland, Delaware

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

View attachment 115448
View attachment 115452

Overland Bound Meetups

The Inland-northwest meet-up conference call happens the third Sunday of the month, and they are also having several trail runs during the summer. If your interested here is the forum link.Inland Northwest Conference Call - 06/17/2018

If you have any questions your Regional Director is @Jedi on the forum. The local Member Representative is @Sandpoint Steve who also runs the Inland Northwest meet-up.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings fellow Earthlings and Explorers! I'm Greg.
Been debating about joining for a few years and finally did today. I have been curious to see how many others in southern Oregon shared an interest in getting out and exploring. I am also interested in routes or trails others have done in our area and to see if there were any meet-ups or organized trips. My interest is in exploring, seeing new places, historical or geologic points of interest, and beautiful places. No interest in rock crawling or extreme four-wheeling. I'm a budget overlander with a fairly stock 1st gen Tundra, Bilstein shocks, leveling kit , and Cooper AT3 tires are the only mods. Hope to see you out exploring!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Roy & Kristin Zirpoli.

There are several members in your area and all we need to do is get them together for a meet-up and hopefully something will get going on a regular basis.

I am planing a meet-up for October 19th in Southern OR probably in Grants Pass. I will message everyone in the area once I finalize the trip.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New year here. I’m Robb.
I have a 2019 Honda Passport Elite AWD in crystal black pearl.
My experience: VERY novice.
Ready to semi-retire and found this Passport to exceed my suburban expectations!
Today, I discovered I apparently need a LOT of help navigating this black beauty I drive; I hit a granite curb and sliced my tire and damaged one of my awesome 20” gloss black wheels, LOL! Ugh! I only have 1052 miles on my vehicle and I’m really bummed.
I’ve enclosed some photos from they day I took ownership. I’m now looking at changing the wheel/tire combination after my incident today and I’m trying to plan a trip perhaps off the beaten path once the transition is complete. Struggling with a potential lift kit too. Advice in any form is appreciated. Thanks ahead of time. I’m thrilled to be here!

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

ThatLSGuy

Rank I

Contributor III

Greene, Chenango County, New York, United States
First Name
Darrin
Last Name
Brown
Thank you for the add. Semi-new to this overland thing, i am used to sleeping in my vehicles so theres a start.

Well i have an 03 chevy 2500HD crew cab short bed 6.0L 4L80E with 4:10s. I would to turn that into an overlander. But. Im debating on going on a cheaper route. There is a ZJ for sale down the road form my buddys house. Good shape, already lifted, has the 42re trans already in it.

I figure i can get the ZJ done for alot less money, and i cam wait to do my truck. What do yall think? Any imput is appreciated. 20190804_152515.jpg