Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello David (@deaconagent), welcome from Oklahoma. Good looking 4runner you have there.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Reactions: Kent R

N8rhino

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Bakersfield
First Name
Courtland
Last Name
Keith, D.C.
Member #

Hi I’m Adam I live in Petaluma CA. After years of small commuter cars I went out last week and bought a new 4Runner. I have no trail driving experience but have camped all my life. Looking forward to this next chapter will be looking to get this set up for camping with my kids. I will have a lot of questions along the way I’m glad I came across this site.
View attachment 115026
Nice new ride! I’m currently in a similar boat and waiting for the 2020 trd offroad. What year/ model did you get?

Enthusiast I

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Arndt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DHU

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Glad to be here and finally join the team! We are an active overlanding (backpacking, camping, hiking family) looking to go further and deeper. The years of learning to be a better backpacker will fit nicely with overlanding!!

Located in Northern California (Livermore)
Current rig: 2005 Toyota Tundra 4wd
Future rig: 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Many years of overlanding/backpacking by foot... taking our journey further with a gladiator build!

Arndt Lost Expeditions (ALE) perfect name play and I’m an avid award winning home brewer.

Glad to be here!
—Bryan
Welcome! Are the yellow and black buckets waterproof? Do you put anything valuable in them? Looking at getting some for my roof rack.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hi all!
New to overlanding, on a whim bought a military trailer with the plan to get a roof top tent to go explore Maine with my wife and 3 kids. Hope to connect with the North East overlanding community too.
Rig: Ram Rebel and M101A3 trailer
Experience: Minimal. Lurker in different forums hoping to get ideas for overlanding.
Welcome! Love the trailer!

dorton

Rank 0

Off-Road Ranger I

Winston Salem, NC
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Dorton
Ham/GMRS Callsign
K4DOR
Hello all!
Some call me JD, some call me Dorton.
I reside in Winston-Salem, NC and travel in a 16' Tacoma, and an 86' 4runner.
I've been wheeling for about 20 years, camping and overlanding for a while.
I'm a licensed General Class Ham(K4DOR), and into just about everything outdoors.

Looking forward to having the community as a valuable resource and hopefully provide useful
information along the way.

Thanks for having me.

[

socal geek guy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Walker
Member #

Finally joined after watching a lot of the Overland Bound videos and Trail Recon videos scoping out places to go see in Southern California. Originally from Montana and did a lot of camping in various areas (some campgrounds, some far away from civilization). Got away from camping for a while, now I'm starting to get back into it. I've enjoyed going out in the Anza Borrego area to explore and really want to check out the Alabama hills and Coyote Flats areas of the eastern Sierras.

My vehicle is a 2008 Mercedes GL 450 with BFG All Terrain KO2's. I know its limitations and don't do anything too crazy in it, but it has been fun to take off the pavement and explore. Slowly building up my gear collection and trying different things out.

I look forward to getting out soon when the weather starts to cool down a bit and to take my pup out since he's a little older now.

I hope to talk with people that have experience in the different areas here and maybe find out about new areas to check out.

Chris

Attachments

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hi! New to overloading!
Rig is a 2015 F150 FX4. From Seattle. I caught the bug...
Did a few sections of the WABDR and looking to get out more and learn with all y'all!View attachment 115192
Overloading? That made me laugh because it is a real thing.

“Hey I’ve got room room....let’s bring the microwave!”

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi! New to overloading!
Rig is a 2015 F150 FX4. From Seattle. I caught the bug...
Did a few sections of the WABDR and looking to get out more and learn with all y'all!View attachment 115192
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all!
Some call me JD, some call me Dorton.
I reside in Winston-Salem, NC and travel in a 16' Tacoma, and an 86' 4runner.
I've been wheeling for about 20 years, camping and overlanding for a while.
I'm a licensed General Class Ham(K4DOR), and into just about everything outdoors.

Looking forward to having the community as a valuable resource and hopefully provide useful
information along the way.

Thanks for having me.

[
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member here, live out west of the Houston, Texas area. Drive a 2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium T-Force with some mods done. Looking for other like minded Overlanders for future adventures as time permits, you know most of us still have to work. ;)

View attachment 115168
Welcome to Overland Bound

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all!
New to overlanding, on a whim bought a military trailer with the plan to get a roof top tent to go explore Maine with my wife and 3 kids. Hope to connect with the North East overlanding community too.
Rig: Ram Rebel and M101A3 trailer
Experience: Minimal. Lurker in different forums hoping to get ideas for overlanding.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Interim Regional Director is @Kent R.
Your Member Representatives are;
@Team Harrington - Vermont, Main, New Hampshire
@EscoTerrestrial - New York, Rhode Island, Connecticut
@Wawa Skittletits - Pennsylvania, New Jersey, West Virginia
@NovaBound - Virginia, Maryland, Delaware

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Glad to be here and finally join the team! We are an active overlanding (backpacking, camping, hiking family) looking to go further and deeper. The years of learning to be a better backpacker will fit nicely with overlanding!!

Located in Northern California (Livermore)
Current rig: 2005 Toyota Tundra 4wd
Future rig: 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Many years of overlanding/backpacking by foot... taking our journey further with a gladiator build!

Arndt Lost Expeditions (ALE) perfect name play and I’m an avid award winning home brewer.

Glad to be here!
—Bryan

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Magic Mike

Our upcoming Rally Sierras:
Overland Bound Rally Sierras 2019 + New 2-Day Off-Road//Overland Training Event

Bugout80

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
Fernando
Last Name
Alvarez
Member #

First of all, thank you for the opportunity on becoming a new member of such a respected community.

Located in Miami, Florida.

Have a couple of FJ40's and an FZJ-80 Series on its way soon.

Love the outdoors, hiked and camped at Grand Canyon twice. Kids are grown up, wife and I planning road trips near future.

Life is good, respect one another.

Thanks again.
Fernando20190908_171343.jpg20180523_185124.jpg

Last edited:

Enlil 4x4

Rank 0

Contributor I

Finland
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Auvinen
Hello, everyone!
Relatively new to overlanding, but I've had the bug for years. About a year ago, I purchased my first real 4x4 and have been restoring its frame and body almost a year now (major rust damage, etc). Now the car is fixed and I'm about to start rigging it up so to speak.
The car is a 1991 Nissan Patrol GR (Y60/GQ), a Ford Maverick in USA. Absolutely in love with the car. Currently running a stock engine, but I have a BMW M57D30 ready for a swap.

Oh and, I'm located in Finland. Cheers!

Jconner

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Beaumont, California, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Conner
Member #

Hello! First post.... I'm Jeff, I have a 2016 Tacoma I'm outfitting for overlanding. It's really coming along. Suspension, Maxtrax, LED's, RotoPax, Bed Rack, recovery gear,..... I love this rig! Currently I'm in search of a RTT, so I can camp/play throughout Southern California. I hope to meet you folks out there.
20190310_141543.jpg

Ghost

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

North Bonneville, WA, USA
First Name
Trever
Last Name
M
Member #

First of all, thank you for the opportunity on becoming a new member of such a respected community.

Located in Miami, Florida.

Have a couple of FJ40's and an FZJ-80 Series on its way soon.
View attachment 115271
Love the outdoors, hiked and camped at Grand Canyon twice. Kids are grown up, wife and I planning road trips near future.

Life is good, respect one another.

Thanks again.
Fernando
Welcome to OB! Nice Toyotas