Launch Member

Contributor I

Pomona, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Quiros
Member #

Hello everyone! new guy here from Los Angeles, CA (Pomona to be exact)- recently went in a trip with some OB members and had so much fun I decided to join! I have been building my 2018 JLUR and exploring the local area whenever I have a chance in my free time. Looking forward to some adventures in the near future.25960BB5-9979-4ED7-AE1A-14F99DE735DF.jpg

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hi everyone, I am Jon.

View attachment 114981
2) Spokane, WA area
3) 2012 Jeep Rubicon (I just got it recently)
4) I will say a novice, but I have driven plenty of Military track and wheeled vehicles over the span of about a decade.
Welcome from the West side of Washington! @Sandpoint Steve is your local Member Rep (in Sandpoint, ID) and always has stuff planned. Make sure to check out the local region's forums for events and meetups. Also the Rally Point system is very helpful. There is also a FB page that you might consider joining. Welcome to the OB NW crew!

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

Reactions: fireyota30

Sapper7

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Liberty Lake, WA, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Pool
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7KXP
Service Branch
US Army
Welcome from the West side of Washington! @Sandpoint Steve is your local Member Rep (in Sandpoint, ID) and always has stuff planned. Make sure to check out the local region's forums for events and meetups. Also the Rally Point system is very helpful. There is also a FB page that you might consider joining. Welcome to the OB NW crew!

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep
Thank you.

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

arupp

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
R
Member #

Hello! I am in the process of building my first rig. I bought a 2018 Mahindra Roxor and am currently buying parts and trying to outfit it. I am in the San Antonio area. I don't have much off roading experience other than driving in deserts over seas and two track roads in northern Ontario. I am here to learn and hopefully meet some people who can show me the ropes. The Roxor is currently in PA getting a roll cage welded up and when I gets back to Texas I'll be sanding it down and Raptor Lining it. If anyone knows people who do hot shot runs or that move vehicles, I'd love to talk to them about scheduling a pickup from PA and delivering it in San Antonio. Thanks!

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Andrew , welcome from Oklahoma. Born and raised Texan, but got lost somewhere along the way I guess.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a fairly regular meet up in Round Rock. I know it's not real close, but in Texas close is a relative word.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: Kent R and arupp

arupp

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
R
Member #

Hello Andrew , welcome from Oklahoma. Born and raised Texan, but got lost somewhere along the way I guess.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a fairly regular meet up in Round Rock. I know it's not real close, but in Texas close is a relative word.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.
Thanks! I'll check those links out. Will the Roxor fit in with this group? I know its not the typical vehicle of choice.

Reactions: Kent R

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Thanks! I'll check those links out. Will the Roxor fit in with this group? I know its not the typical vehicle of choice.
Absolutely, we aren't vehicle snobs here. At least the majority aren't and many of us like to see different vehicles used for overlanding.

PapaStan

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Sonoma County
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Stanford
Member #

Hi I’m Adam I live in Petaluma CA. After years of small commuter cars I went out last week and bought a new 4Runner. I have no trail driving experience but have camped all my life. Looking forward to this next chapter will be looking to get this set up for camping with my kids. I will have a lot of questions along the way I’m glad I came across this site.
8BF9A082-6266-4CE5-97BE-F8AC298E9066.jpeg

Biohax

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Yoakem
Member #

Hello OB Community!

New member here! Just wanted to drop a quick intro of myself.

I'm Biohax in the forums or Chris in the real world. (Biohax comes from a brief career in infosec)

I live in east Denver, Co U.S. used to live more in the mountains and looking to move back as soon as I can.

Currently Overland on two different "rigs" at the moment.
Mainly I drive a 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD off road. Mostly stock at the moment but I have plans to add much much more.

I also ride a 2017 Honda Africa Twin to get me way out in the backwoods. I've modded it with crash bars, pannier racks and various heated equipment for extra riding comfort.

I would say I'm a moderately experienced overlander but I've been out of the game for a few years. I used to take my old beater Ford Ranger out every weekend and find some place new to camp out. I'm happy to be back into it!

Toyota_OL.jpgAT_OL.jpg

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

You’ll be just fine. I bet you’ll get a lot of questions as I myself am eager to watch this build.

Last edited:

fireyota30

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

RedBluff CA
First Name
wacy
Last Name
barbour
Member #

Hello everyone! new guy here from Los Angeles, CA (Pomona to be exact)- recently went in a trip with some OB members and had so much fun I decided to join! I have been building my 2018 JLUR and exploring the local area whenever I have a chance in my free time. Looking forward to some adventures in the near future.View attachment 114969
That picture is so beautiful

Norcaldude707

Rank 0

Contributor I

Vacaville, CA, USA
First Name
Jermaine
Last Name
B
Hello folks,

I'm Jermaine from the SF Bay Area.
My rig is a 2006 Ford F-150 Lariat 4X4 that is stock right now. I am currently collecting parts such as wheels, UCAs, and more suspension parts are in the mail.
I'm pretty much a novice to overland and 4x4 with one trip under my belt. I got some basic camping skills. radio handling. I am most certainly looking forward to learning and being apart of this awesome community!58770067339__C01633AC-5DF4-4363-BBCB-E88B6F885EE4.JPG

fireyota30

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

RedBluff CA
First Name
wacy
Last Name
barbour
Member #

Hello folks,

I'm Jermaine from the SF Bay Area.
My rig is a 2006 Ford F-150 Lariat 4X4 that is stock right now. I am currently collecting parts such as wheels, UCAs, and more suspension parts are in the mail.
I'm pretty much a novice to overland and 4x4 with one trip under my belt. I got some basic camping skills. radio handling. I am most certainly looking forward to learning and being apart of this awesome community!View attachment 115096
Hey keep me posted on what you do with it I'm curious as I've always wanted an f150 for overlanding but got a toyo instead and have fun doing so can't wait to see your ideas on it.