Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Cory
Last Name
Bibby
Member #

Welcome from Whidbey Island! Make sure to check out the local regions forums for events and meetups. Also, this region (NorthWest) has a Facebook page that's very helpful, might consider joining that as well. If you need anything, feel free to DM or tag me in the forums at @Gabriel Bozeman.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep
Thanks Gabe, I’m on the FB page now. Hopefully I’ll see ya around!

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

ARO 243 D

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
JORDAN
Last Name
ILEA
Member #

Hi, my name is Jordan
So far, I lived half of my life in Romania and the other half in USA...

Current Locations: Sacramento, CA and San Jose, CA
Current Vehicle: 2007 Mazda CX-9
First Vehicle: 1982 ARO 243 Diesel 4x4 (Made in Romania) (retired)
Overland Experience: Competent
Why Overlanding?: I love the outdoor, hiking, camping, biking, kayaking, traveling by any means, and exploring new places. And I like vehicles from 4 to 18 wheelers.

Mike harpe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Harpe
Member #

Hi, my name is Jordan
So far, I lived half of my life in Romania and the other half in USA...

Current Locations: Sacramento, CA and San Jose, CA
Current Vehicle: 2007 Mazda CX-9
First Vehicle: 1982 ARO 243 Diesel 4x4 (Made in Romania) (retired)
Overland Experience: Competent
Why Overlanding?: I love the outdoor, hiking, camping, biking, kayaking, traveling by any means, and exploring new places. And I like vehicles from 4 to 18 wheelers.
What was Romania like? I plan on nomading around the us and world and especially Europe. When I was 16 I spent 6 weeks in France and loved it. I’m hoping to be able to get this adventure going before 2024 but it may not be possible.

Reactions: DurangoTom

661 Hundie

Rank 0

Contributor I

Santa Clarita, CA, USA
First Name
Arnold
Last Name
Panganiban
Hello, I’m fairly new in this forum.. I’m from Santa Clarita, CA. Currently own a 1998 Toyota Land Cruiser. Love the outdoors and enjoy nature at its best! Been on a few short overlanding trips - probably between a novice and intermediate, experience wise. Me and my brothers have pretty similar rigs.. we go out together with our families... I am also a photographer so my goal is to capture the milky way galaxy whenever I can during our expeditions.

Attachments

PhotoMatt10

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Fair Oaks, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Muirhead
Member #

Hello, I’m fairly new in this forum.. I’m from Santa Clarita, CA. Currently own a 1998 Toyota Land Cruiser. Love the outdoors and enjoy nature at its best! Been on a few short overlanding trips - probably between a novice and intermediate, experience wise. Me and my brothers have pretty similar rigs.. we go out together with our families... I am also a photographer so my goal is to capture the milky way galaxy whenever I can during our expeditions.
I'm on the same path as you - Photographer out of the Sacramento area. Any big plans for the pre-Labor Day new moon? Trying to plan a roadie toward Mammoth Lakes / Joshua Tree to get some dark skies.

Lassen Trails OB.jpg Reflection Lake OB.jpg Sardine OB.jpg

DurangoTom

Rank 0

Contributor I

Alameda, CA
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Parent
Hi all,
I'm new to the Bay Area(Alameda) and I'm just trying to learn all the nooks and crannies of this new to me region and photograph it the best I can. Any location suggestions or group trip invites would be highly appreciated.

My rig is a 2000 Dodge Durango
Current Mods: factory LSD
3" lift
31" All Terrains

Mods in Progress: Custom Winch Bumper
360 degree lighting setup
custom roof rack

Future Mods: wheels and 33's(when the current 31's wear out)
F/R brake upgrade

Future Future Mods: SAS and 35's
5.7 Hemi swap

Attachments

azgunfighter

Rank 0

Contributor I

Mesa, AZ, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Allen`
Hey everyone. Glad to be here. I'm new to the overland community, but I have been rock crawling and 4 wheeling as well as dirt bikes since I was very young. I have a 1998 Grand Cherokee on 37" BFGs and one ton axles, as well as a fairly stock 2004 FX4 F150. I'm located in Mesa, Arizona and am excited to be a part of this community!

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Brandon (@azgunfighter ) , welcome from Oklahoma. Would like to see pics of the ZJ.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There are occasional meet ups around the Mesa area so keep an eye out.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kent R

DurangoTom

Rank 0

Contributor I

Alameda, CA
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Parent
Howdy!

I'm Jake, I live in and escape from Washington D.C. so GW National forest, west Virginia, Shenandoah are my frequents.
`99 dodge Durango 5.2 4x4

Moderate 4x4 experience in search of mountain biking, overlanding fits perfectly.

For all the grief dodge gets, my Durango has gotten me across the country twice and played a bunch in between. It's no crawler but it still puts a smile on. Happy trails!
Looks like you have 33's, what lift setup do you have on it?

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Phillip (@Philze ), welcome from Oklahoma. Great looking 4Runner, that color sure pops.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There have been a couple of meet in Beaumont so keep an eye out. I know it's not real close to Katy but then again what is close in Texas?
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

C Shine

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Indiana
First Name
Cary
Last Name
Schein
Member #

Hello from Indiana...

Looking to gain knowledge from the OB community and resources here, thanks in advance.

Most of my recent vehicle based adventures in Jeep JKU, Sprinter 170, or rental ride depending on the trip, crew, gear, etc.

P.S. Hopefully someone can help me with updating my member access (#20225) so that I can view the map data. I've updated my profile and posted in the "Have a Member Number?..." thread. Thanks!

ScottEtkin

Rank VI
Launch Member

World Traveler I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Etkin
Member #

Hello All! My name is Matt, I'm a 20 y/o Firefighter/EMT that is just getting into the hobby.
My current rig is a 2000 Ram 3500 4x4 w/ the 488 Magnum V10.
My experience is hiking, camping, and my need for a vehicle I can live out of for re-enacting travels.
I'd love to meet anyone in the Ohio area and see what we can do around here!
Welcome to OB from Austin, TX!!