Nebraska
First Name
Vic
Last Name
Vwj
Greetings,

Vehicle: 2018 Subaru Outback
Overland Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding: Been an avid outdoors person since my teen (Boy Scout). Love to travel, camping, and exploring new places. Been watching Youtubers Vlogging about their Overlanding adventure and experience. Got me interested to take my car off the pavement and go where not many people have thread. Seek out my own camping adventure.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings,

Vehicle: 2018 Subaru Outback
Overland Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding: Been an avid outdoors person since my teen (Boy Scout). Love to travel, camping, and exploring new places. Been watching Youtubers Vlogging about their Overlanding adventure and experience. Got me interested to take my car off the pavement and go where not many people have thread. Seek out my own camping adventure.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello! New member here living in Oklahoma. I love the outdoors (hunting, fishing, hiking, camping, etc) and my wife and I used to do a lot of backpacking when we were younger. Now we have 2 children (ages 4 and 2) and we want to get them involved in the outdoors and hopefully be as passionate about it as we are. If nothing else, they will get to experience nature some and if everything turns out all right, they will look back and cherish the memories. My wife and I, who have been together since high school, haven't really done any vehicular camping in our life (I'm 33, my wife is 32). However, with the young ones in tow, this is the route we see ourselves going for the foreseeable future.

I've had a lot of off-road vehicles in my time, mostly jeeps. Typically built for crawling and/or just playing around off-road. For the past 2 years, I've been driving an old 1995 F-150 (my hunting truck previously) and putting back the money saved looking at all options as to what vehicle I would base my build off of. After a lot of time spent scouring the internet, I decided on a Toyota Tacoma as my base vehicle. I still need a truck for a lot of things I do, so that narrowed it down a bit. I've owned one Tacoma and one 4Runner in the past and both were great vehicles. With that said, I'm currently waiting for the 2020 model's to hit the lots and buy one new. I like the new additions the 2020 models will have and am willing to wait and pay for those features.

Knowing I am going to buy a new Tacoma, I've been buying a few things as sales come up. So far I've bought the following:

- OME BP-51 Suspension - make room for larger tires and more travel.
- SPC Upper Control Arms - prevent rubbing.
- Victory 4x4 Roof Rack - to carry additional items.

Other items on the short list for me are:

- Tires - number 1 thing that typically needs an upgrade in my opinion.
- Rock Sliders - rocker panels are expensive to fix and it will allow me access to my roof rack.
- Lighting - I like to able to see where I'm going.
- Diamondback Bed Cover - To keep stuff reasonably dry and I can stack waterproof items on top. Still need my truck bed for hauling non camping items.
- Recovery Boards - most situations I've found myself needing recovery where usually due to loss of traction.

Those items above will be installed immediately once I receive the new truck. The list of "things to add in the future" is significantly longer, but I'd like to get out there some and see what I NEED vs what I WANT. Well, I hope that introduction wasn't too long. I really look forward to learning a lot of new things as my family and I embark on this new journey. I'm really excited about getting into the outdoors in this new way and teaching my children about the outdoors. My father wasn't around to teach me anything about the outdoors and I'm fortunate enough to be there for my kids and guide them along the way. I'm sure some things we will be learning together, lol. Thank you for taking the time to read this, if you've come this far. Have a great weekend! - I'll be starting mine by going on a wild hog hunt tonight. :blush:
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. Your closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982 & @Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone. I'm Josh, a new forum member from upstate SC. Really looking forward to engaging and meeting fellow outdoor enthusiasts! I drive an 07 TRD FJ Cruiser. I have moderate experience offroading and camping, and now looking to get into overlanding with my family. View attachment 111863
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Threads

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Atwood
Member #

Hello!

I am in Central Oklahoma but have lived and hiked many areas including Central AZ and LV NV.

2017 Nissan Frontier Desert Runner we are currently building out.

Hope to meet up with some fellow Okies to hang out, camp, hike and talk gear. I am the founder of Culture of Carry on FB and am a Seamster.

Take care and be safe!

Aussie571

Local Expert, Australia NSW

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

Heyo. I'm Mark. Based in WA Australia.

I drive a 2016 VW amarok. Standard hight and tires at the moment. Bull bar lights and tub rack to fit my Ikamper 4x skycamp.
I'm in the process of replacing the tub and rack with a chassis mounted canopy. Once the canopy is fitted the lift and tires will be sorted.

I have a year or 2 experience in 4x4ing. But wanted to move away from general bush bashing to something that breaks the car a little less.
Hi Mark...welcome to Overland Bound...I'm located in NSW!

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Jake (@Wrecked Rooster ), welcome from Oklahoma. Where in Oklahoma are you?

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am in Central OK, @Iwata77 is in the NE, we are the local member reps so let us know if you have any questions.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello RIchard (@Threads ), welcome from Oklahoma. I live north of OKC and work in NW OKC.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups.

I am the local SW Region Member rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Reactions: Threads and Iwata77

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Robert (@r_skoot skoot), welcome from Oklahoma.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a Phoenix area meet up so check it out!

I am the SW Region Member rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Reactions: Iwata77

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello David (@100SeriesDave ), welcome from Oklahoma. I see you are a ham, we have a good communications subforum and a weekly Echolink net (see signature for more info).

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. I am not sure where in AZ you are but there are a couple of meet ups around AZ.

I am the SW Region Member rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Craig (@Cprosser99 ), welcome from Oklahoma. I live north of OKC and work in NW OKC.

I am the local SW Region Member rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Reactions: Threads and Iwata77

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hello! New member here living in Oklahoma. I love the outdoors (hunting, fishing, hiking, camping, etc) and my wife and I used to do a lot of backpacking when we were younger. Now we have 2 children (ages 4 and 2) and we want to get them involved in the outdoors and hopefully be as passionate about it as we are. If nothing else, they will get to experience nature some and if everything turns out all right, they will look back and cherish the memories. My wife and I, who have been together since high school, haven't really done any vehicular camping in our life (I'm 33, my wife is 32). However, with the young ones in tow, this is the route we see ourselves going for the foreseeable future.

I've had a lot of off-road vehicles in my time, mostly jeeps. Typically built for crawling and/or just playing around off-road. For the past 2 years, I've been driving an old 1995 F-150 (my hunting truck previously) and putting back the money saved looking at all options as to what vehicle I would base my build off of. After a lot of time spent scouring the internet, I decided on a Toyota Tacoma as my base vehicle. I still need a truck for a lot of things I do, so that narrowed it down a bit. I've owned one Tacoma and one 4Runner in the past and both were great vehicles. With that said, I'm currently waiting for the 2020 model's to hit the lots and buy one new. I like the new additions the 2020 models will have and am willing to wait and pay for those features.

Knowing I am going to buy a new Tacoma, I've been buying a few things as sales come up. So far I've bought the following:

- OME BP-51 Suspension - make room for larger tires and more travel.
- SPC Upper Control Arms - prevent rubbing.
- Victory 4x4 Roof Rack - to carry additional items.

Other items on the short list for me are:

- Tires - number 1 thing that typically needs an upgrade in my opinion.
- Rock Sliders - rocker panels are expensive to fix and it will allow me access to my roof rack.
- Lighting - I like to able to see where I'm going.
- Diamondback Bed Cover - To keep stuff reasonably dry and I can stack waterproof items on top. Still need my truck bed for hauling non camping items.
- Recovery Boards - most situations I've found myself needing recovery where usually due to loss of traction.

Those items above will be installed immediately once I receive the new truck. The list of "things to add in the future" is significantly longer, but I'd like to get out there some and see what I NEED vs what I WANT. Well, I hope that introduction wasn't too long. I really look forward to learning a lot of new things as my family and I embark on this new journey. I'm really excited about getting into the outdoors in this new way and teaching my children about the outdoors. My father wasn't around to teach me anything about the outdoors and I'm fortunate enough to be there for my kids and guide them along the way. I'm sure some things we will be learning together, lol. Thank you for taking the time to read this, if you've come this far. Have a great weekend! - I'll be starting mine by going on a wild hog hunt tonight. :blush:
Welcome from Tulsa Hope you had a successful hunt and the humidity didn’t damper your fun!

Reactions: Prerunner1982

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hello!

I am in Central Oklahoma but have lived and hiked many areas including Central AZ and LV NV.

2017 Nissan Frontier Desert Runner we are currently building out.

Hope to meet up with some fellow Okies to hang out, camp, hike and talk gear. I am the founder of Culture of Carry on FB and am a Seamster.

Take care and be safe!
Welcome from Tulsa

Reactions: Threads