K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 111531

This is my ‘17 Ram Rebel , that will soon be fully outfitted for overlanding
Located in Ontario ,Canada
Looking forward to getting out there and explore
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Interim Regional Director is @Kent R.
Your Member Representatives are;
@Team Harrington - Vermont, Main, New Hampshire

RubiVaughn

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Nevada, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Vaughn
Member #

Hi folks
Robert Easley here. I have a 2011 JK and pull a trailer I built a little over 10 years ago.
I'm from Jamestown, Ca
I've been doing this for some time now and lead small groups on historic overland tours. Just finished a 9 day trip from southern Idaho along the California Immigrant trail into Utah, down to the Humboldt River and on to California. View attachment 111032
Hi Robert

Chris from Carson City here.

Nice trailer -

Your 9 day trip sounds like an awesome time with killer scenery

If you ever do a trip east again I ‘d love to jump on the train and continue on with you.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Richard (@HillcountryJeep78 ), welcome from Oklahoma though I have deep roots in the hill country...deeper than most.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am a SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

darrenc

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Fort Worth
First Name
darren
Last Name
contino
Member #

Hello Darren (@darrenc). Welcome from Oklahoma.
Keep an eye out for an upcoming DFW meet for August.
If you have any questions about getting your license or ham radio or most any comms in general we have a good Communications subforum as well.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Thank You! Looks like the testing date Local, Fort Worth, is 8/22 and I will definitely check out the sub forum.

Reactions: Prerunner1982

reasley

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Jamestown, CA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Easley
Member #

Hi Robert

Chris from Carson City here.

Nice trailer -

Your 9 day trip sounds like an awesome time with killer scenery

If you ever do a trip east again I ‘d love to jump on the train and continue on with you.
We do have a trip planned for October starting in Marysville, Ca over Henness Pass following the immigrant/freight trail to Virginia City. Then back over the Sierras via the Carson immigrant trail to Placerville. We do a couple these trails each year. Are you interested?

Reactions: CTO1Mike

Knife_guy_in_wa

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Port Orchard, WA, USA
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Kauranen
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound Chad (@Knife_guy_in_wa)! I hope you enjoyed NWOR, I know my wife and I had a great time. Port Orchard has a number of members in-and-around the area. I recommend going over to our NorthWest Region forums [link] and checking in there as well so that you can get to know your neighbors and start planning to meet-up. You can also take a look at our Rally Point System [link] to see what is already planned.

If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.
I jumped over to the NW OB section as well as got involved with the NW OB Facebook group too.

Reactions: Jedi

bshearin

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Los Angeles, CA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Shearin
Member #

Hello Everyone! I am new to overloading and camping in general... I just bought a 2019 Subaru Outback and I am getting it lifted and put on some AT tires next week! Going to be looking in the forums for some good places to camp Labor Day weekend that aren't technical so I can get some momentum!

Attachments

7YODA5

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Texas, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Gregory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6CHI
Hey everyone, I'm pretty experienced in the camping and hiking side of the outdoors but less so but not a complete novice with Overlanding. Experience lies mostly in mild well-maintained trails and the military operations. I have two rigs one is currently (possibly permanently) out of commission a 95 Toyota 4Runner has some heavy-duty springs and mud terrains, the other is my 19 Subaru Crosstrek it's a daily driver with plans to make it a mild backcountry and camp vehicle. Hope to learn some things, help some people, and have a good time here.

Located just west of the DFW Texas area.

PhotoMatt10

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Fair Oaks, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Muirhead
Member #

Greetings! New member here from Northern California. In the process of gearing my 14 Subaru Outback to handle bigger and badder roads. Lift kit and new shoes are going on next week and I just took delivery of a Xventure trailer that I am looking forward to getting dirty before the end of the month. I met a few of your members while camping in the Sinkyone Wilderness that turned me on to this group [Mason and Merrick (sp)], thanks for the fire and the cold beer! These guys represented y'all well! Looking forward to being part of the community. Pics coming soon....

***EDIT***
Took a few pics of the rigs today - working on a few small projects that are coming along slowly - got new shoes put on today. Having a lot of fun with it.

Soob.jpgTrailer.jpg

Last edited:

Shaddow44

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Plover, Portage County, Wisconsin, United States
First Name
Karl
Last Name
Schultz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6CNN
Greetings from SoCal! I bought a '18 4runner just over a year ago and the offloading bug bit me. I was very heavily into hiking, backpacking, mountain biking in my teens and 20's. I'm looking to get into overloading as a way to get back into the outdoors and get out with my family.

-'18 Toyota 4runner
-Ham call - KJ6CNN
- San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles, CA
IMG_2547.JPG

Floch

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Clichy, France
First Name
Florian
Last Name
Angius
Member #

Hi There! My name is Florian and I'm from France (Paris area). I've been a nature enthusiast (hiking, camping, buscrafting) for many years and started to enjoy, increasingly, the feeling of autonomous roadtrips (using a non dedicated 2WD car, a small tent and Gaia GPS). My wife and I recently ordered the new Jimny in order to set up a proper rig for this purpose (Rack, RTT and so on) with the constraint of Living in a fairly big city (needed a "mini camper" ) . Until then (the delivery date is quite far!) we will continue using a regular car and our small tent to explore Europe ! Thanks a lot for this forum and the very useful information it contains!!!

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hey everyone, I'm pretty experienced in the camping and hiking side of the outdoors but less so but not a complete novice with Overlanding. Experience lies mostly in mild well-maintained trails and the military operations. I have two rigs one is currently (possibly permanently) out of commission a 95 Toyota 4Runner has some heavy-duty springs and mud terrains, the other is my 19 Subaru Crosstrek it's a daily driver with plans to make it a mild backcountry and camp vehicle. Hope to learn some things, help some people, and have a good time here.

Located just west of the DFW Texas area.
Welcome! There is an upcoming DFW area meet I believe scheduled for 8/22.

Reactions: Kent R

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Shaun (@LonestarXV ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. As my member rep partner noted there is a DFW meet coming up.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any other questions let @Iwata77 or myself know, we are the local member reps and would be glad to help you.

Ghost

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

North Bonneville, WA, USA
First Name
Trever
Last Name
M
Member #

Greetings from SoCal! I bought a '18 4runner just over a year ago and the offloading bug bit me. I was very heavily into hiking, backpacking, mountain biking in my teens and 20's. I'm looking to get into overloading as a way to get back into the outdoors and get out with my family.

-'18 Toyota 4runner
-Ham call - KJ6CNN
View attachment 111661
Welcome to OB! Your story sounds very similar to many here on looking to reconnect with the outdoors and adventure. Great Rig for doing it. Look forward to seeing how it evolves and where it takes you.

Reactions: Shaddow44

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi There! My name is Florian and I'm from France (Paris area). I've been a nature enthusiast (hiking, camping, buscrafting) for many years and started to enjoy, increasingly, the feeling of autonomous roadtrips (using a non dedicated 2WD car, a small tent and Gaia GPS). My wife and I recently ordered the new Jimny in order to set up a proper rig for this purpose (Rack, RTT and so on) with the constraint of Living in a fairly big city (needed a "mini camper" ) . Until then (the delivery date is quite far!) we will continue using a regular car and our small tent to explore Europe ! Thanks a lot for this forum and the very useful information it contains!!!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

-'18 Toyota 4runner
-Ham call - KJ6CNN
View attachment 111661

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. Your closest Member Representative is @Barclay

Reactions: Shaddow44

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings! New member here from Northern California. In the process of gearing my 14 Subaru Outback to handle bigger and badder roads. Lift kit and new shoes are going on next week and I just took delivery of a Xventure trailer that I am looking forward to getting dirty before the end of the month. I met a few of your members while camping in the Sinkyone Wilderness that turned me on to this group [Mason and Merrick (sp)], thanks for the fire and the cold beer! These guys represented y'all well! Looking forward to being part of the community. Pics coming soon....

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

There are two meet-ups in your area if you are interested, they are both on the meet-up page of the forum and the calendar.

Sierra Foothills Overlanders monthly meeting.
US West - Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting. NEW LOCATION
If you have any questions about this meet-up message @Kent R on the forum.

Gold Country Monthly Meet-up. Auburn CA
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/gold-country-monthly-meetup/
@Magic Mike is the contact for this meet-up.

Your Regional Director is @Narbob and the closest Member Representative if @Magic Mike

Reactions: PhotoMatt10