Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Contributor II

Hi everyone,

I'm Justin and I've been overlanding my whole life without knowing it, lol. Grew up in the back of vw camper vans and loved it. Now I'm setting up my 92 Bronco Cummins conversion to be more of our overlanding vehicle.

We live in south florida so it's a bit of a drive for new "trails". The Bronco has served in mostly a daily driver/weekend off-roader role. A jeeper friend and I are looking forward to our first trip to OverLand Expo East, anyone here going???

The overland Bound youtube videos have been really inspiring and informative so thanks for those. I look forward to being on the forum and getting to know you all.

Roger

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

SW Ohio
Member #

WOW! I am very impressed. What a great rig. How does the ATAS 120 work for you. I have the ft857 and just picked up the ATAS used at a local Hamfest ($50.)

Corey

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Auburn, WA.
Member #

WOW! I am very impressed. What a great rig. How does the ATAS 120 work for you. I have the ft857 and just picked up the ATAS used at a local Hamfest ($50.)
Thanks Roger.
The ATAS is pretty cool, the feature I like is seeing it move up and down when using the tuning feature.

Also my post with my rig got moved to the Members Rides thread at my request as I did not mean to post it in this intro thread.
http://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/member-rides.7/page-63

Last edited:

MarkW

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

This is my Hummer. It has a few doodads here and there:

From the Factory:

-Front and Rear Locking Differentials
-4:1 Transfer Case
-285 Toyo ATs on 20" Chrome Wheels
-backup camera
-rear seat entertainment

Mods I've done:

-Rough Country Leveling Kit
-315/75/16 BFG AT KO2
-CSF Dualcore Aluminum Radiator
-Bilstein 5100s
-OutfitterDesign Steering Rack Reinforcement
-OutfitterDesign Front Diff Bushing Upgrade
-OutfitterDesign HeavyDuty TieRods
-Shwarttzy Extended Leafspring Shackles
-Shwarttzy AUX input mod
-Thorparts Heavy Duty skid plates
-RockyRoadOutfitters Rock Sliders
-Chassis Unlimited HD Rear Diff Cover

Soon to come:
-Gobi Ranger Rack
-Thorparts Front Winch Bumper
-Smittybilt XRC 9500
Welcome @VDawg1115 good looking Alpha. If you are looking for any ideas you can check my build thread.

VDawg1115

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Oakland, CA
Member #

Welcome @VDawg1115 good looking Alpha. If you are looking for any ideas you can check my build thread.
Hey thanks Mark! Your H3 is awesome. I've often debated the idea of building drawers for the rear myself. I think eventually I will go that direction. Yes, I saw your build and I am certain I will refer to your build page for inspiration as new needs or desires come about. Love the feature in FourWheeler also, congrats

Reactions: MarkW

MarkW

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Hey thanks Mark! Your H3 is awesome. I've often debated the idea of building drawers for the rear myself. I think eventually I will go that direction. Yes, I saw your build and I am certain I will refer to your build page for inspiration as new needs or desires come about. Love the feature in FourWheeler also, congrats
Thanks @VDawg1115 great to see another H3 here. Let me know if you have any questions. I have been very happy with the drawer system, very convenient and much better than when I carried everything in a case on the rack. Always looking for new ideas on what to do.

Reactions: VDawg1115

GeneralJ

Rank III
Launch Member

Member II

Lahti, Finland
Member #

Hi everyone!

Few hours ago I received my Overland Bound membership emblem (#1826), so now it is time to introduce myself.

I'm 34 year old overland enthusiastic, husband, father of two sons. I live in Finland and according to member map I am first Overland Bound member from here!

My current rig and daily drive is 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7L Limited with 105 000 miles, 2" lift, Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 245/75R16 tires (studded ones for winter) and small modification inside. Build is incomplete at the moment, for I have being putting more time on getting familiar with Jeep, doing normal maintenance and checking how everything is working. I bought this gem last summer and it is my first real overland vehicle with large engine and solid axles and especially first vehicle that I'm going to service all by myself. Next step in my build will be front fender/fascia trim, adding roof rack and offroad lights facing rear and both sides, CB radio and Waeco fridge/freezer. Picture below with old tyres from last autumn after I did the 2" lift.

Last expedition that I did alone was 2200 mile / 9 days trip from southern Finland to northermost point of Europe, Nort Cape and back to Lahti. Geography, climate and natural resources in Finland is pretty much like in Canada so weather changed from summery 85 deg. F to freezing 35 deg. F. With this expedition I cathered much information for what to invest my money. For example small, but extremely important item that would have helped me is wireless tyre pressure and temperature sensor.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Welcome to the Overland Bound forum, @GeneralJ !

I'm a little surprised at the Jeep choice over there. I thought everyone in the north drove ArcticTruck prepped Land Rovers! ;)

Reactions: 101Tundra

GeneralJ

Rank III
Launch Member

Member II

Lahti, Finland
Member #

I'm a little surprised at the Jeep choice over there. I thought everyone in the north drove ArcticTruck prepped Land Rovers! ;)
Yeah... no. Land Rover Defenders and Discoverys are popular, but I think Land Cruisers are the most popular among 4wheelers. ArcticTruck prepped vehicles are rare here, even though factory is located here ...I guess most of them are sold to Russia. I have seen only one that was made for local police forces.

Reactions: Steve

UnderPressure

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Okc
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Brooks
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5YRP
image.jpeg Wife, dog and, myself are new to over landing. I've been an OTR truck driver for the past 10 yrs. Got off the road 4 yrs ago, got married 2 yrs ago bought a house last year, but the nomad in me is restless.
We run a 2014 TTUE fjcruiser and went off-roading/ground camping around local parks... Wanting more, lots to learn.
Bought a custom expedition trailer and took delivery the week of expo west. Rigged it up and camped over that weekend, drove back to Oklahoma where it's to hot to be outside very long. Awaiting for the nice fall camping weather to get here. Being in our 40's the RTT seems perfect for us. Looking to put some miles and smiles on this rig in the up coming years. This is a pic from Mormon lake Az. we had made into a canvass wall hanger... Any okie locals on here?

Last edited:

Masheen365

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

South GA
Member #

Another newbie here.
Live in South Georgia and work as a Firefighter.
Driving a 2014 F150 FX4.
Very new to overlanding. I'm interested in short 2-3 day trips that my wife and I can take around here when our schedules line up. Not sure how far we will dive in but I'm ready for any adventures we can have together.
Gear is limited right now, as are funds. We have a tent and a cooler to start with, that will be it for a while.

Recon2X

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Monterey, CA
Member #

Greetings! I'm Robert! Proud to have joined the crew!
20160802_163438.jpg
1) Currently in Monterey, CA. I'm in the Army, so I move every few years, so might see some of you across the U.S.
2) Currently drive a 2016 JKU and have an 87' Wrangler YJ getting brought back to life.
3) As far as Overlanding experience I'd say I'm an intermediate. The Army has provided me with a lot of experience, but I know there is a lot left for me to learn and experience.
4) Adventure has always been an interest of mine. I love exploring and pushing myself to the limit.20160629_190629.jpg

Last edited:

Chris460

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hello everyone!
I am Chris and just starting into overlanding. Traveling has always been a passion. In my younger days I backpacked and hiked in Europe (where I was born and raised) and Australia (my first big adventure). Today it is a large part of my job unfortunately only to offices and factories.
My rig is a 2010 GX460 also known as the LC Prado 150. It doubles as the kid taxi during the work week.
We moved from Dallas, TX to Phoenix, AZ a little more than 2 years ago and love Arizona for the countless outdoors activities including endless off-road and hiking trails on public land.
Getting into overlanding was triggered by the dream to travel the old Gunbarrell Highway in Western Australia. Part of my preparation for that trip was to get a ham radio license (general).
Looking forward to connecting to a larger group of people with similar dreams and hobbies.
Chris

Here is another picture I took a couple of weeks ago in the Mexican part of the Sonoran desert.

Attachments

Mad Garden Gnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
Hello everyone!
I am Chris and just starting into overlanding. Traveling has always been a passion. In my younger days I backpacked and hiked in Europe (where I was born and raised) and Australia (my first big adventure). Today it is a large part of my job unfortunately only to offices and factories.
My rig is a 2010 GX460 also known as the LC Prado 150. It doubles as the kid taxi during the work week.
We moved from Dallas, TX to Phoenix, AZ a little more than 2 years ago and love Arizona for the countless outdoors activities including endless off-road and hiking trails on public land.
Getting into overlanding was triggered by the dream to travel the old Gunbarrell Highway in Western Australia. Part of my preparation for that trip was to get a ham radio license (general).
Looking forward to connecting to a larger group of people with similar dreams and hobbies.
Chris

Here is another picture I took a couple of weeks ago in the Mexican part of the Sonoran desert.
Welcome!

Reactions: SLO Rob