Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Greetings, I am Brent from Michigan. Getting back into this non pavement stuff after a 25 year break. Currently have a 2004 Toyota 4Runner that is slowly being modified to fit my needs.
Welcome to the forum. What part of Michigan are you from? We usually make a trip up there each year and go to Traverse City for a few days then head to the U.P. Trying to convince my wife to move there but so far have been unsuccessful.

Reactions: jdubshizzle

Andrew_D_Fox

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hey all, New to the OB forums, been following on Instagram and facebook for a while though. I live in the dead center of Los Angeles, so the need to seek fresh air and open spaces is paramount! publish_snapshot.jpg IMG_0815.jpgI have a 2015 Tacoma... Bone stock at the moment, to be modded over the years as needed. for now, it gets us where we want to go!

Thanks for looking!
Andrew
Los Angeles, CA

101Tundra

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Willits, CA, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Tyler
Member #

View attachment 5879 hello guys,

Name is Nathan. I live in Akron, Ohio. looking at going on a long road trip from Ohio out to Idaho where my uncle lives and then back a different route. I know for sure I want to see Mt. Rushmore on the journey.

My rig, I got a 2005 Ford f-150 with the 3v 5.4l v8 super cab 6.5 ft bed.
-the engine was replaced 23k miles ago with a reman.
i have this done to it
-2.5 Hell bent steel leveling kit
-had 35 inch tires, back to stock until i get new ones
-raptor running lights
-as of 2 days ago i just bought a century truck cap

I saw another member on here Raul B, who also has a f150 and i really liked his build and am doing somthing similar but my own twist to it.

would love input from all members. always wanting to learn more.
View attachment 5879
in the search for new tires, instead of 35, im thinking 33s.
also looking at building a roof rack for my new truck cap.

thank you for the warm welcome already
Welcome. Looks like a great start. Sounds like you're into the long distance journeys. Go with the 33's.

Reactions: nparker72

Sam Wedzinga

Rank III

Advocate II

Hi everyone I'm new here from Vernon BC Canada
My wife and are just getting started in overlanding. I'm in the middle of build our trailer for behind the Jeep. We are getting a cvt tent later this month. Is there any other member in the okanagan area???

Last edited:

CyberWarrior

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Pacific, Missouri
First Name
Edward
Last Name
Liebig
Member #

Hi folks, I am a Missouri native that has recently come home from a 25 year walkabout. I moved from St Louis to Branson where I ran a ranch and leather shop. That is where I bought my first capable 4x4. I lived in Wisconsin, California, Hawaii, Japan, and Washington State while serving in the Navy. In HI and WA I was in adventure clubs that played "hare and hound" by signaling and triangulating those signals on our CB radios. I have always been into camping and exploring since Cub Scouts/Boy Scouts.

Post service I landed in Boston where my exploration was on a 36ft sport Fishing boat with a Tuna Tower and outriggers. With 700gal of fuel and 200gal of fresh water I could fish Georg's Bank all week. I picked up a souvenir (wife) in Boston who is my best friend and adventure buddy. We moved to Vermont in our little place at the southern end of the VAST system (Vermont ATV and Snowmobile Trail system) we bought 4 wheelers and made two trips up the VAST trails to Canada. Her folks were ill so we left for Michigan. We still have th VT property but will most likely sell it soon.

Now, we are back.

As I recently traded in my F150 and Sedan in favor of a Mercedes G550. It will go off road and was purchased to use. I aspire to deck it out with the "right stuff" starting with a roof rack and access ladder. From there I plan on tires (I don't quite need them now but hope for some quality advice - considering the BFGoodrich T-A K02)

I hope to meet a lot of like minded folks in this group if even only virtually.

Last edited:

Tim D

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Nashville
Member #

Hello Fellow Overlanders,

Tim here from Nashville, TN. Not really an Overlanding mecca. But I recently moved back here from living in Colorado for three years. Boy do I miss those days.

I'm still in the process of the perpetual buildout with my 2011 Toyota Tacoma. Hoping to add a RTT in the next few months and then a refrigerator and bed storage.

In addition to Overlanding, I'm also an ultra runner and mountain biker. Those passions have led me to some remote locations as well. Once of which is located in the Cohutta National Forest in Southeast TN and N. Georgia. I'm currently planning an excursion there in the coming weeks.

I'm looking forward to becoming a part and sharing in the community here.

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Hello Fellow Overlanders,

Tim here from Nashville, TN. Not really an Overlanding mecca. But I recently moved back here from living in Colorado for three years. Boy do I miss those days.

I'm still in the process of the perpetual buildout with my 2011 Toyota Tacoma. Hoping to add a RTT in the next few months and then a refrigerator and bed storage.

In addition to Overlanding, I'm also an ultra runner and mountain biker. Those passions have led me to some remote locations as well. Once of which is located in the Cohutta National Forest in Southeast TN and N. Georgia. I'm currently planning an excursion there in the coming weeks.

I'm looking forward to becoming a part and sharing in the community here.

Welcome Tim! I use to live in Nashville, TN and just last year moved back to Florida. It's funny cause their are a lot of trails and being close to other States to go and explore and do stuff and I never had a jeep. I ended up getting my Jeep here in Florida now wishing I was back in Tennesse lol. Good luck on the excursion and keep us posted on it goes I wouldn't mind checking that area out with the family and meeting up with some fellow member. [emoji106]

Reactions: Tim D

jdubshizzle

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Tucson, AZ, USA
Member #

Hi folks, I am a Missouri native that has recently come home from a 25 year walkabout. I moved from St Louis to Branson where I ran a ranch and leather shop. That is where I bought my first capable 4x4. I lived in Wisconsin, California, Hawaii, Japan, and Washington State while serving in the Navy. In HI and WA I was in adventure clubs that played "hare and hound" by signaling and triangulating those signals on our CB radios. I have always been into camping and exploring since Cub Scouts/Boy Scouts.

Post service I landed in Boston where my exploration was on a 36ft sport Fishing boat with a Tuna Tower and outriggers. With 700gal of fuel and 200gal of fresh water I could fish Georg's Bank all week. I picked up a souvenir (wife) in Boston who is my best friend and adventure buddy. We moved to Vermont in our little place at the southern end of the VAST system (Vermont ATV and Snowmobile Trail system) we bought 4 wheelers and made two trips up the VAST trails to Canada. Her folks were ill so we left for Michigan. We still have th VT property but will most likely sell it soon.

Now, we are back.

As I recently traded in my F150 and Sedan in favor of a Mercedes G550. It will go off road and was purchased to use. I aspire to deck it out with the "right stuff" starting with a roof rack and access ladder. From there I plan on tires (I don't quite need them now but hope for some quality advice - considering the BFGoodrich T-A K02)

I hope to meet a lot of like minded folks in this group if even only virtually.
So you are in MO now? I am in central MO near Jeff City. Would love to hit the trails with you.

CyberWarrior

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Pacific, Missouri
First Name
Edward
Last Name
Liebig
Member #

So you are in MO now? I am in central MO near Jeff City. Would love to hit the trails with you.
I am in the north eastern corner of Franklin county. If you know of good trails I would love to join. I may need tires before getting too crazy (this rig has street tires on it currently) we should plan never the less.

Corey

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Auburn, WA.
Member #

Greetings, Corey from Auburn, WA.
Been camping with various rigs of my own since '81 or earlier.
I live not to far of a drive to an area called Greenwater which is at a lower elevation than Mount Rainier National Park, and Greenwater has excellent old growth forest service roads and trails to explore, and also tons of free camping along creeks and rivers.
I spend a lot of time up there exploring.

I would say I am quite experienced doing this, as I have my 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser setup to camp out of it and have a few solar power systems to keep things going for an extended period of time.
When my two sons were small we used a nice tent trailer, and as they got older I took a long break from camping, but got back into it again in the spring of 2008 when I had an Autohome Maggiolina AirLander roof top tent installed on it.

Some of you may know me as I am on four other sites too.
YotaTech, a Toyota off road site/tech site I created back in 2002
ih8mud
fjcruiserforums
expeditionportal

It is nice to be here, and now I show go work on the Members Rides thread.