Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good morning Overland Bound,

Been a member for a few years just never posted "New Member Info."

I am located in Placerville, CA.

My rig is a 97 FJ80 with a few modifications.
2" Ironman suspension
Baja Rack
33" mud tires
Tuff Stuff RTT
Modified/Fab JK rear bumper w/tire carrier
I Raptor liner the entire rig tank green.

Mediocre experience. Been to Mojave, Death Valley, Zion, and Bryce Canyon. Definitely no Rock crawling! I like my vehicle :)

Have a great day!

Tony
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

I saw that your Member Rep and Director all ready told you about the Sierra Foothills Overlanders. If your interested please message me @Kent R with your email address and Ill put you on the list.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello and thank you for the kind welcome and having us aboard. My wife and I just ordered a 2019 Intech Flyer Pursue in Silver Moon with the Adventure package which is a close color match with our Silver Tundra Crewmax. Ours is being built will take delivery mid June. We are both retired and live in Western North Carolina in the foot hills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. There are many places to camp in the Blue Ridge mountains and foot hills. We are blueberry farmers in the mid summer when we are not traveling and camping. We are all about adventure camping and off the beaten path expedition camping. Here are a few a photos of the Overland camper we are having built.

We chose the InTech Flyer Pursue as it is lightweight all aluminum, rugged, and very well built, tall people sleep room friendly and garage friendly. We particularly wanted this camper as it will fit in our garage. We did not want to pay storage fees.
We look forward to learning, making campfire friends, and passing forward knowledge to other like minded Overlanders!
Cheers!

View attachment 95396View attachment 95395View attachment 95397

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”
North America

This is a link to the Overland Bound Southeast Rally.
Overland Bound Rally Southeast 2019! i

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all,
Stumbled on the forum researching mods and gear for my ‘14 F150 FX-4. I am based out of southern Maryland but looking to relocate to Denver in a few months. We do a lot of car based tent camping, and have been wanting to get out further. Until now, I’ve been an on road guy, having worked on ‘stangs and kit cars. Looking forward to getting off-road.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are currently in the East Region but will be in the Rocky Mountain Region when you move, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Legends...
Name: Jonathan Ballesteros
Rig: Troopcarrier Toyota 1989 in Australia and a Sprinter Van in USA
Experience: Feeling pretty good. Lived in a van for a year in Australia. Climbed Mt. Corel, got out of beaches/bogged mud. Still learning.

My expertise definitely comes with minimizing weight penalty due to water for showers. I've designed a product that provides people hot showers with less than 1 gallon of water. I'm eager to find out what the community thinks. Will be debuting the Geyser System at Overland ExpoWest with Tourig.
View attachment 95924
View attachment 95925View attachment 95926View attachment 95927

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

See you at Expo.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I'm Alex
Sparks, Nevada
Rigs:
2002 F250 with Bigfoot Camper
2016 Tacoma
I've been off-road camping since high school and I'm 45 now. Never really into hard core rough stuff, always had stock vehicles. I want to explore the Western US, Canada, and Mexico.

View attachment 95897

Your Member Representative is @HappyOurOverlanding

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello there all, Im John, but all by youtube and instagram friends call me SoCal. I am new to Jeep, and reuniting myself with Overlanding since the early 90's when it wsa called car-camping LOL . the rig is a fairly new JLU Rubicon with a mopar 2.5in lift, 35's, poison spyder bumpers , a pioneer rack on maximus3 mounts, and a pile of lights and gagetry to keep me entertained. Im a Extra Class HAM and an IT Engineer. Im pretty new to this 4x4 overlanding thing, its been along time but i know im gonna love the learning process. Im also very involved in the shooting sports and Extreme long range rifle (1500 yards and out) shooting and reloading as well. Cheers all.

Your Regional Director is @Narbob he can really help you out in SoCal.

Reactions: WTFSoCal

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Overland Bound!

My name is Jeemiester
Member # 16717
Rig: 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser
Experience: NONE! I'm new to Overlanding and 4wheeling.
I have some experience in automotive and would to do more camping and enjoying earth. I want to incorporate prepping and overlanding.

View attachment 95830

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I'm in Austin. New to Overlanding but not to camping. Drove from Austin to Yellowstone and then Glacier National Parks last year in our Kia Sorento. Driving up the Going to the Sun Rd and St Joseph's Hwy almost killed so....so I bought my first Jeep..... Looking forward to heading out to Big Bend soon and some off roading.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”
North America

This is a link to the Overland Bound Southeast Rally.
Overland Bound Rally Southeast 2019! i

Overland Bound Regions!

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Hello Overland Bound!

My name is Jeemiester
Member # 16717
Rig: 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser
Experience: NONE! I'm new to Overlanding and 4wheeling.
I have some experience in automotive and would to do more camping and enjoying earth. I want to incorporate prepping and overlanding.

View attachment 95830
Welcome to Overland Bound, nice looking rig!!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planned by members.

Overland Bound Meetups

The second Saturday of the month we have a meetup in Hawthorne that you are welcome to join
West - Reoccurring - OverlandBound Westside LA Meetup - 03/09/2019

If you have any questions message me, your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob

WTFSoCal

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Lake Mission Viejo, Mission Viejo, CA, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W1BU

Your Regional Director is @Narbob he can really help you out in SoCal.
Thanks for the information sir!

Cr2l

Rank III

Explorer I

Sonoma County
First Name
Cori
Last Name
Rickert
Member #

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
West - Reoccurring - OverlandBound Westside LA Meetup - 03/09/2019

I am your U.S. West Member Representatives, if there is anything I can do to help message me at @Magic Mike
If you have any questions message your Regional Director on the forum at @Narbob
Thanks for the info

RafterJB

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Hooks, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Binning
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Welcome @RafterJB, that looks like the K-trail. Welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

June 7th – 9th is the OB Rally Southeast in the Ozark National Forest in Arkansas.

If you have any questions let me know.
Yup that’s exactly where we were this past weekend. We didn’t realize that the portion of the K trail where the fire tower is, is now privately owned. Happens to meet with the game warden for that county and he showed us basically where this line is at. Overall it was a great test for the taco but to bad it’s private land now

Thanks for the welcome. What part of Oklahoma are you in?

Reactions: Prerunner1982

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Yep, me and some friends were going to go up there for a ham radio event in June but I also noticed it was private property and didn't feel comfortable going up there and camping for the weekend so am going to try and talk them into going down to the Oachita NF instead.
I am in central Oklahoma.

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
I'm Alex
Sparks, Nevada
Rigs:
2002 F250 with Bigfoot Camper
2016 Tacoma
I've been off-road camping since high school and I'm 45 now. Never really into hard core rough stuff, always had stock vehicles. I want to explore the Western US, Canada, and Mexico.

View attachment 95897
Welcome. Nice Rig. Check out the local Reno Overlanding Group.

We meet every second Wednesday of the month at Famous Dave's BBQ in Reno.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to me.

Reactions: Narbob

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hi all,
Stumbled on the forum researching mods and gear for my ‘14 F150 FX-4. I am based out of southern Maryland but looking to relocate to Denver in a few months. We do a lot of car based tent camping, and have been wanting to get out further. Until now, I’ve been an on road guy, having worked on ‘stangs and kit cars. Looking forward to getting off-road.
Welcome to OB and the East Region...for now!
If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me.

When looking for events near you check the Calendar at:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar
Looking for a meetup? Check this link:
Overland Bound Meetups
Looking for the U.S. East Forum? Check this link:
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)

Spudjnr123

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
Taylor
Last Name
Spaulding
Member #

Hi there!
I'm Taylor, from Vacaville, CA. New to overlanding but always been an avid outdoorsman. Recently I have been working on getting my 2013 Nissan Xterra trailworthy. Added a 2.5" lift a few weeks ago, currently in the process of adding a second battery to the engine bay, as well as a water tank plumbed through a heat exchanger for on demand hot and cold water. Here's a pic from just after the lift install.

Attachments

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi there!
I'm Taylor, from Vacaville, CA. New to overlanding but always been an avid outdoorsman. Recently I have been working on getting my 2013 Nissan Xterra trailworthy. Added a 2.5" lift a few weeks ago, currently in the process of adding a second battery to the engine bay, as well as a water tank plumbed through a heat exchanger for on demand hot and cold water. Here's a pic from just after the lift install.
Welcome to Overland Bound, I am your U.S.West member Representative. If you have questions or concern please feel free to contact me @Magic Mike. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob.

Check the following areas for information on Overland meetups & trips.

Rally points
Event calendar

Also read through the new member threads, there is some great information contain within them!

Reactions: Spudjnr123

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Hi there!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planned by members.

Overland Bound Meetups

It looks like you’re between two meetups worth checking out.

If you have any questions message your Member Representative, @Magic Mike, or me, your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob

Reactions: Spudjnr123

Inkedshooter

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Clovis, CA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Redgrave
Member #

Hey everyone!

Rig: 2017 Tundra SR5 (still a work in progress)
Overland Experience: Besides car camping for either drag racing or years ago camping with my Dad and Brother, I’m still fairly new to the Overland world. I have a few friends that are into the lifestyle, and with my sons getting to the age where they can handle longer road trips, I picked up my Tundra and been building it slowly into a family fun rig.

Attachments