Contributor I

Fritch, TX, USA
Ham/GMRS Callsign
N/A
Hello!
-Located in the Texas Panhandle
-Novice Overlander
-Ride= 2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road LB with Leer Topper shell
-USMC Veteran, love the outdoors, camping, fishing, hunting, shooting and driving up some rough terrain.92357

Attachments

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello!
-Novice Overlander
-USMC Veteran, love the outdoors, camping, fishing, hunting, shooting and driving up some rough terrain.View attachment 92357
Welcome to Overland Bound

SandStorm87

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Bow WA
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Krsak
Member #

Hello!
-Novice Overlander
-USMC Veteran, love the outdoors, camping, fishing, hunting, shooting and driving up some rough terrain.View attachment 92357
Hello from another new member, that's a nice truck, I am a big fan of the color

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello!
-Novice Overlander
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”
North America

This is a link to the Overland Bound Southeast Rally.
Overland Bound Rally Southeast 2019! i

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings all!

I recently retired from the U.S. Military and have been a "Jeeper" for years, getting more into the overland thing now that I don't have to camp using the military's logic on the subject! I went back to school and work on the side as a Security Contractor so get out about once a quarter for some dirt time.

I live on the west coast, based out of Santa Rosa, California currently. There are great areas out here to ride, though I have been known to drive up to 2000 miles for a trek, so pretty much anything is game for me.

My rig is a 1991 Jeep Cherokee, 3" lift on 31's. Currently, as of April 2019, she is offroad capable, but not yet ready for my planned adventure in June, a 65-day excursion. That said, my garage is 90% full of all the new parts that will be installed over the next six weeks to allow for testing time before hitting the dirt. Parts on hand: (Winch & front bumper, tire carrier rear bumper, full-length weld in frame stiffeners, Limb Risers, a completely refurbished interior, roof rack, cut/larger fender flares, full paint job, a couple more LED lights, Ham Radio, 360° camera system, Toughbook vehicle computer system, upgraded dual battery 12v system, 2000w inverter, and more...) I will follow up with before and after images to show off either my success or leaning points!

My Overlanding experience is basically Jeep camping along the many trails and mountains on the west coast. I would grade me as a very experienced novice, good at driving and camping for extended times but looking to expand my skills and abilities.

See ya'll out there!

The Baldman

View attachment 92332

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

I am planing a regional meet-up in Santa Rosa late spring/early summer, once I have it nailed down you will get a forum message.

You are in the West Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from north west WA. I live a couple hours north of Seattle, and my vehicle of choice is a 88 Jeep Cherokee XJ,
I have been into offroading for a while, but am more interested in taking some kess traveled dirt roads and camping any more
Welcome to Overland Bound

Reactions: SandStorm87

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, everyone! Currently live in El Paso, Tx (active duty at Ft Bliss). Emergency nurse by trade but hobbies are far removed from compassionate caregiving, lol.

Love the outdoors, exploring, and intensity so overland is a natural for. My first experience was with Moto-camping in South Korea on a dual-sport and now that I'm back in the states I've been to modify my 2004 Tacoma dbl can. Experience level is mild-moderate and I'm looking to get more time in the back country with my family and a few other like-minded people (want the missus to enjoy this).

Front runner rooftop tent, diy rack, ARB fridge on Diy slides, 2" OME full suspension, 33" KM2'S, and dual batteries... For now.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings All,

Fidel from Marietta GA. I'm looking forward to meeting some great people as well as learning more about overlanding. I've always had an adventurous spirit and love the great outdoors. Overlanding seems like a great fit as I love all things that constitute its core.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”
North America

This is a link to the Overland Bound Southeast Rally.
Overland Bound Rally Southeast 2019! i

Overland Bound Regions!

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hello from north west WA. I live a couple hours north of Seattle, and my vehicle of choice is a 88 Jeep Cherokee XJ,
I have been into offroading for a while, but am more interested in taking some kess traveled dirt roads and camping any more
Hello @SandStorm87 and welcome to Overland Bound from the next county up. Bow is a beautiful area and so close to both the beautiful Puget Sound and the amazing Mt. Baker National Forest. There are a number of great overlanding events occurring throughout the PNW, so I recommend checking out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your neighbors. @Gabriel Bozeman is working to put together a monthly meetup of members in the North Sound area, so you might want to jump into the planning thread [link] and tell us what works best for you. Coming up in the end of June is the biggest event for the PNW, the NW Overland Rally [link]. Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Reactions: SandStorm87

JollyGreen

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Lincoln, NE, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Saunders
Member #

Hi all,

I'm excited to be joining the community. I'm fairly new to overlanding but have done offroading before. I love road trips and travels and exploring.

Rig: 2018 Toyota Tacoma Off Road

I spend most of my summers in the 4 corners and would love to meet up in Moab or something!

SandStorm87

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Bow WA
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Krsak
Member #

Hello @SandStorm87 and welcome to Overland Bound from the next county up. Bow is a beautiful area and so close to both the beautiful Puget Sound and the amazing Mt. Baker National Forest. There are a number of great overlanding events occurring throughout the PNW, so I recommend checking out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your neighbors. @Gabriel Bozeman is working to put together a monthly meetup of members in the North Sound area, so you might want to jump into the planning thread [link] and tell us what works best for you. Coming up in the end of June is the biggest event for the PNW, the NW Overland Rally [link]. Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.
Thank you Jedi, I definitely enjoy going up to MT. Baker, I enjoy late night trips up to twin lakes in October December, when it's just starting to snow. I will definitely check out the NW reginal forum. I look forward to getting out there and meeting some of you.

Doc757

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Virginia Beach, VA, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Helton
Member #

Hello everyone,

My name is Stephen I'm new to overlanding, love to hike but having 2 little kids who cant hike far I'm going to try overlanding out.

I just got my dream truck a 2018 Toyota Tundra Platinum, she is bone stock for now.. I live in virginia beach va , and going to try getting out very soon...

Thank you all64577.jpeg