Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello. I'm Mike and am new to overland. Actually I've only read about it and watched alot of videos. I have camped in tents for years and slept in the bed of my truck twice with a kodiac truck tent. I sold all my gear but I'm wanting to get back into camping. Especially try overland. I own a 2005 F150 FX4. I'm wanting to build it up for adventure. Nothing too hardcore. I'm around St. Stephens, SC. Looking forward to meeting ya'll and some adventures. Thank you.
View attachment 91969
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”
North America

This is a link to the Overland Bound Southeast Rally.
Overland Bound Rally Southeast 2019! i

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!

Reactions: Smitty77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
What’s up everyone. My names stephen. From the savannah Georgia area. Got a 2017 Silverado 2wd. 2.5 lift for now on 33 all terrains. Just ordered a winch and winch bumper to help me through the bad stuff. Glad to be here.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”
North America

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone,

2) Currently stationed in Al Udeid, Qatar but will be PCSing to Keesler AFB, MS next year
3) 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4X4
4) A few trips up in New Mexico and Colorado when I was stationed in New Mexico but that's about it!View attachment 92070

Here is some information for when you return to the states.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members
Overland Bound Meetups

Local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Here is the link to our Regional Directors. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, Jeff here. Just joined, really impressed with the OB Community! I have a long history when it comes to modifying vehicles (specifically Toyota's) to go Off-Road. Currently I have 2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD-Off-Road that continues to chew up my back account! I have serve OCD and continue to refine/change to improve different aspects of my rig. I love driving and seeking new back roads and trails, particularly the "roads-less-traveled". Currently working on a trip to the Arctic Ocean September this year. The photos are from a shake down run of the dual spare set-up, results: success.
Welcome to Overland Bound

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey there everyone, my names Sovan and finally getting on the online forums to find new people to go out with!
i been doing this since i was young, started around 2004 ish with my 2000 crv. Doing fishing/camping trips for weeks at a time or just driving around looking for new places. been doing it since then and still going. never really though this was a thing everyone was into now and meeting up to do trips together and that was what i been wishing for since i was younger. upgraded to a tundra and still rocking it everyday!

Sovan IG: @brownneckz_outdoors
2008 tundra limited
PWN Washington
View attachment 92051

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy from Texas! Excited to meet fellow adventurers. Happy trails!

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”
North America

Depending on your location in Texas her is a link to the Overland Bound Southeast Rally.

Overland Bound Regions!

Brick Sprickly

Rank III

Advocate II

Overland Bound Meetups

For now you are in the Southeast Region but you might want to start watching the Northwest, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Overland Bound Regions!

Thanks I appreciate the info!

Might be holding off anything but local events for the time being - my wife is a Drill Sergeant out here and she's working 18 hour days 7 days a week every three month cycle so everything's pretty reliant on me being close by. I think by the time we move out west we'll be on a more 'stable' schedule. Right now it's just nuts.

Hell, I might even form my own meetup around here if anyone is interested. Might even try to do it on base!

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thanks I appreciate the info!

Might be holding off anything but local events for the time being - my wife is a Drill Sergeant out here and she's working 18 hour days 7 days a week every three month cycle so everything's pretty reliant on me being close by. I think by the time we move out west we'll be on a more 'stable' schedule. Right now it's just nuts.

Hell, I might even form my own meetup around here if anyone is interested. Might even try to do it on base!
Check the member map you never know.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone, new to OB and overlanding. Running a 2018 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road and looking to begin my overlanding journey. Currently living in the NYC area, but moving to CT/RI region this summer, so if you have any locations that are a must stop feel free to PM me!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 92154

Orlando FL
2012 Lexus GX 460
I enjoy exploring forest roads, i've been doing it for 15+ years..
I'm looking into joining the Ob community and getting the first badge..

If anyone is in the area please message me.. I'd love to go some trail riding.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Overland Bound Regions!

Docwilder

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

South Korea
First Name
Joby
Last Name
Denny
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hello, everyone! Currently live in El Paso, Tx (active duty at Ft Bliss). Emergency nurse by trade but hobbies are far removed from compassionate caregiving, lol.

Love the outdoors, exploring, and intensity so overland is a natural for. My first experience was with Moto-camping in South Korea on a dual-sport and now that I'm back in the states I've been to modify my 2004 Tacoma dbl can. Experience level is mild-moderate and I'm looking to get more time in the back country with my family and a few other like-minded people (want the missus to enjoy this).

Front runner rooftop tent, diy rack, ARB fridge on Diy slides, 2" OME full suspension, 33" KM2'S, and dual batteries... For now.

Attachments

Thebaldman

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Round Rock, TX, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Snowden
Member #

Greetings all!

I recently retired from the U.S. Military and have been a "Jeeper" for years, getting more into the overland thing now that I don't have to camp using the military's logic on the subject! I went back to school and work on the side as a Security Contractor so get out about once a quarter for some dirt time.

I live on the west coast, based out of Santa Rosa, California currently. There are great areas out here to ride, though I have been known to drive up to 2000 miles for a trek, so pretty much anything is game for me.

My rig is a 1991 Jeep Cherokee, 3" lift on 31's. Currently, as of April 2019, she is offroad capable, but not yet ready for my planned adventure in June, a 65-day excursion. That said, my garage is 90% full of all the new parts that will be installed over the next six weeks to allow for testing time before hitting the dirt. Parts on hand: (Winch & front bumper, tire carrier rear bumper, full-length weld in frame stiffeners, Limb Risers, a completely refurbished interior, roof rack, cut/larger fender flares, full paint job, a couple more LED lights, Ham Radio, 360° camera system, Toughbook vehicle computer system, upgraded dual battery 12v system, 2000w inverter, and more...) I will follow up with before and after images to show off either my success or leaning points!

My Overlanding experience is basically Jeep camping along the many trails and mountains on the west coast. I would grade me as a very experienced novice, good at driving and camping for extended times but looking to expand my skills and abilities.

See ya'll out there!

The Baldman

CHerokee.jpg

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Greetings All,

Fidel from Marietta GA. I'm looking forward to meeting some great people as well as learning more about overlanding. I've always had an adventurous spirit and love the great outdoors. Overlanding seems like a great fit as I love all things that constitute its core.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello from north west WA. I live a couple hours north of Seattle, and my vehicle of choice is a 88 Jeep Cherokee XJ,
I have been into offroading for a while, but am more interested in taking some kess traveled dirt roads and camping any more

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello, everyone! Currently live in El Paso, Tx (active duty at Ft Bliss). Emergency nurse by trade but hobbies are far removed from compassionate caregiving, lol.

Love the outdoors, exploring, and intensity so overland is a natural for. My first experience was with Moto-camping in South Korea on a dual-sport and now that I'm back in the states I've been to modify my 2004 Tacoma dbl can. Experience level is mild-moderate and I'm looking to get more time in the back country with my family and a few other like-minded people (want the missus to enjoy this).

Front runner rooftop tent, diy rack, ARB fridge on Diy slides, 2" OME full suspension, 33" KM2'S, and dual batteries... For now.

Reactions: Docwilder