First Name
David
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6FCS
Hello Overlanders!

I'm moving from tent camping to more adventurous soft roading in my new rig. I'm new to this world and learning as much as I can as fast as I can. I'm looking forward to contributing to the community and I hope to meet some of you on the trails.

Rig in progress: 2019 Honda Passport

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hello Overlanders!

I'm moving from tent camping to more adventurous soft roading in my new rig. I'm new to this world and learning as much as I can as fast as I can. I'm looking forward to contributing to the community and I hope to meet some of you on the trails.

View attachment 92012
Welcome! Let us know how the Passport does!

Reactions: AdvPass

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hey there and welcome!

I'm new here too, also starting my build from stock.

I've been looking at this front bumper from SSO but haven't decided, but I'll probably go this route:

2014+ 4Runner Slimline Hybrid front bumper – CUSTOMIZE YOUR OWN – Southern Style OffRoad

I like it because its not full size, weighs a whole hell of a lot less, but still has winch functionality and some damage resistance. I get the whole point of more heavy-duty front/rear bumpers but man, together those can add upwards of 1000 lbs to an already heavy 4Runner. Sure you can carry more gear but mpg would suffer as well as suspension, etc.

That's just me though!
I recommend getting one...I am bias since I have the slimline up front, the trailgater on the back, and rocksliders on the sides. All from SSO.

Roy & Kristin Zirpoli

US NorthWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kirbyville, Texas
First Name
PoManOutdoorCollective
Last Name
Zirpoli
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hey everyone! Just joined the community!
I live in Newberg Or.
I have a 06 Dodge Ram 2500 Heavt Duty 4x4, 5.1 L sitting on 35’s.
New to overlanding but not new to driving in the woods, avid hunter and fisherman!
I put a canopy on it and built a bed platform, my next step is building a roof rack for the canopy!
Newberg is right down the road from Salem! Hi neighbor! We have a very active Facebook page that we would love to have you come join! Look us up if interested- Willamette Valley Overland Bound.

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

mr.eastline

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey there everyone, my names Sovan and finally getting on the online forums to find new people to go out with!
i been doing this since i was young, started around 2004 ish with my 2000 crv. Doing fishing/camping trips for weeks at a time or just driving around looking for new places. been doing it since then and still going. never really though this was a thing everyone was into now and meeting up to do trips together and that was what i been wishing for since i was younger. upgraded to a tundra and still rocking it everyday!

Sovan IG: @brownneckz_outdoors
2008 tundra limited
PWN Washington
IMG_20181014_234457_692.jpg

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello Overlanders!

View attachment 92012
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
West - Reoccurring - OverlandBound Westside LA Meetup - 03/09/2019
If you have any questions message your Regional Director on the forum at @Narbob

San Fernando Valley
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/san-fernando-valley-los-angeles-ca-monthly-meet-up-sfv-rigs-and-coffee.19086/

I am one of the U.S. West Member Representatives, if there is anything I can do to help message me at @Magic Mike
If you have any questions message your Regional Director on the forum at @Narbob

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Rig: 2018 Toyota Tundra
Experience: Newbie :)

BTW...Is the store down right now? Tried to sign up for membership and add to cart is not working. Looking forward to adventures!
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
West - Reoccurring - OverlandBound Westside LA Meetup - 03/09/2019

San Fernando Valley
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/san-fernando-valley-los-angeles-ca-monthly-meet-up-sfv-rigs-and-coffee.19086/

I am one of the U.S. West Member Representatives, if there is anything I can do to help message me at @Magic Mike

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello everyone,

My name is Zach
I have a 2012 tundra double cab 4x4
I’m new to overlanding but I I drive off-road (fire roads and loose dirt) for my work and I watch a bit of YouTube and I live in Lodi/Sacramento Ca so Central Valley! If anyone has any advice or knowledge of trails please message me

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

I am your U.S. West Member Representative, if there is anything I can do to help message me at @Magic Mike
If you have any questions message your Regional Director on the forum T @Narbob

There is meet-up in the Ripon/Modesto area;
Central California Monthly Meet Up

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hey there everyone, my names Sovan and finally getting on the online forums to find new people to go out with!
i been doing this since i was young, started around 2004 ish with my 2000 crv. Doing fishing/camping trips for weeks at a time or just driving around looking for new places. been doing it since then and still going. never really though this was a thing everyone was into now and meeting up to do trips together and that was what i been wishing for since i was younger. upgraded to a tundra and still rocking it everyday!

2008 tundra limited
PWN Washington
View attachment 92051
Welcome to Overland Bound, @mr.eastline. Where in Washington are you located? We have members in just about every nook and cranny of the state, so it shouldn't be too hard to find like-minded overlanders near you. To top it off, there are a number of great overlanding events occurring throughout the PNW, so I recommend checking out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your neighbors. Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well. A large number of the NorthWest Region members are planning to be at the NW Overland Rally [link] and there will even be a camping section set aside for Overland Bound members, so that may be a great time to get to know each other.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Hello Overlanders!

View attachment 92012
Welcome from Utah!

Reactions: AdvPass

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

2008 tundra limited
PWN Washington
View attachment 92051
Nice set up. Welcome from Utah

onepremiere

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Orange County, CA, USA
Member #

Hi, Jeff here. Just joined, really impressed with the OB Community! I have a long history when it comes to modifying vehicles (specifically Toyota's) to go Off-Road. Currently I have 2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD-Off-Road that continues to chew up my back account! I have serve OCD and continue to refine/change to improve different aspects of my rig. I love driving and seeking new back roads and trails, particularly the "roads-less-traveled". Currently working on a trip to the Arctic Ocean September this year. The photos are from a shake down run of the dual spare set-up, results: success.

Attachments

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Oh yeah I'm definitely planning on linking up when people when I get settled in there. Might even look for a house in the area if we can find one reasonable priced. I've lived all over the US but have always preferred the west coast and PNW.
Well, know know that they say! 'West Coast is the Best Coast'!

Reactions: Brick Sprickly

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hi, Jeff here. Just joined, really impressed with the OB Community! I have a long history when it comes to modifying vehicles (specifically Toyota's) to go Off-Road. Currently I have 2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD-Off-Road that continues to chew up my back account! I have serve OCD and continue to refine/change to improve different aspects of my rig. I love driving and seeking new back roads and trails, particularly the "roads-less-traveled". Currently working on a trip to the Arctic Ocean September this year. The photos are from a shake down run of the dual spare set-up, results: success.
Very nice 4Runner! Love the dual tires on the back!

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
How's the weight on that trailgater? Also, does it interfere with the undercarriage spare location? Dunno yet if I want to hand a full size on the back.

Love that fold down section!
It seems to work fine. Ran it on a rocky trail with some mud dipping and water crossings and it performed great. No issues with keeping the spare tire underneath. As for the overall weight with both bumpers and sliders, I estimated I lost 50 miles per tank of gas. The icon II shocks and springs are performing fine with the added weight also.

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Welcome. Great dual spare wheels set up. Check out the 4Runner's registry thread 4Runner Owners Registry