First Name
Crystie
Last Name
Varela
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N2CMV/N8EBV
Hi everyone!

I'm Crystal and my husband is Eddie. We are sharing this profile as we both have trucks for overlanding. We are in Riverton, Utah and are pretty much newbies into overlanding. I have a 2010 4Runner and Eddie has a 2016 Tundra. We are slowly adding mods to both trucks, but the 4Runner will be the primary when offroading is involved. We don't have a picture of the Tundra yet, it is still pretty new to use (upgrade from the 2003 Tacoma in our profile picture).

Attachments

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hi all, I'm Sean and i have a 2003 Land Rover Discovery 2. I have been living in Tooele Utah for about 5 years now but lived in Denver Colorado before i got moved for work. I pretty much have no over landing experience but i love to explore.
Welcome! Great looking rig! The Land Rovers (especially the early 2000s) are great vehicles. I have a 2001 Range Rover. I just live the heck out of it.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hi everyone!

I'm Crystal and my husband is Eddie. We are sharing this profile as we both have trucks for overlanding. We are in Riverton, Utah and are pretty much newbies into overlanding. I have a 2010 4Runner and Eddie has a 2016 Tundra. We are slowly adding mods to both trucks, but the 4Runner will be the primary when offroading is involved. We don't have a picture of the Tundra yet, it is still pretty new to use (upgrade from the 2003 Tacoma in our profile picture).
Welcome! Make sure to check your regional forums for events and meetups!

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hi everyone!

Nice. Glad kept you rigs in the same manufacturer family. Don't forget to check out the 4Runner's registry thread. And... welcome.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/index.php?threads/1356/

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Manteca, CA (NorCal)
JLUR (2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon)
I've been on some adventures with my 1993 YJ but I'm looking forward to pushing the limits this year with the addition of my JLUR.
Welcome to Overland Bound! Glad to see you here. Make sure you check the forums for your local Overland groups and meet ups.

Hi everyone,
I am from Perth Western australia,
We have some great 4x4 destinations both nearby and ones that will make very very long trips around 4,000kms.

My background comes from the country growing up with Hilux Utes and a d40 Nissan navara. My dad is a Volvo freak and currently has 4 Volvo's, one of which is his daily driver xc70 new from 2007, it has 280,000kms all of which hes done. This is my main inspiration to grab a cheap xc70 they go for between $2000-5000 AUD here which is a bargain project car.

I'm planning to do the bad Swede 2" lift with new Bilstein shocks, new contract arm bushings, full driver minor servicing, bash plates, a muffler delete, and maybe if the budget allows a tune as I would like some better fuel economy considering the extra weight and tyres I'll be running. Also better low down torque for on trails would be great to make the car behave more like a turbo diesel, yet still have good high revving power for on the pavement.

The main use for the car will be a daily driver albeit I only have to drive about 100km max per week for work, and then I use public transport to get to university. Then once a week I'm looking to do an overnight trip out on the tracks, which are either sand dunes/beaches, or steep Rocky Forrest terrain in the nearby hills. In winter we get lots of mud and bog holes but absolutely no snow which is sad.

My other car at the moment is a 1974 Volvo 164 on air bags with a Toyota 1jz swap making 340hp I have plans to soon get this tuned with a new ECU and to fix a few minor problems, this should see around 450hp - 500hp if I'm lucky. This car attracts alot of attention and is a joy to drive however it already drinks fuel, and soon with my new 264 duration cams it will be kept only for occasional weekends and car club meets.

I'm keen to get stuck into this Volvo project mainly to prove a lot of arrogant Toyota fan boy 4x4 cowboys wrong about the haldex awd system, yes it is a slip to grip electronic system but people heavily underestimate what it can do.

Just awaiting the sale of my current daily VW Jetta TDI to go out and purchase the lucky girl.

I will definitely be making a build thread and would appreciate any input and recommendations.

Cheers

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hi everyone,
We have some great 4x4 destinations both nearby and ones that will make very very long trips around 4,000kms.

My background comes from the country growing up with Hilux Utes and a d40 Nissan navara. My dad is a Volvo freak and currently has 4 Volvo's, one of which is his daily driver xc70 new from 2007, it has 280,000kms all of which hes done. This is my main inspiration to grab a cheap xc70 they go for between $2000-5000 AUD here which is a bargain project car.

I'm planning to do the bad Swede 2" lift with new Bilstein shocks, new contract arm bushings, full driver minor servicing, bash plates, a muffler delete, and maybe if the budget allows a tune as I would like some better fuel economy considering the extra weight and tyres I'll be running. Also better low down torque for on trails would be great to make the car behave more like a turbo diesel, yet still have good high revving power for on the pavement.

The main use for the car will be a daily driver albeit I only have to drive about 100km max per week for work, and then I use public transport to get to university. Then once a week I'm looking to do an overnight trip out on the tracks, which are either sand dunes/beaches, or steep Rocky Forrest terrain in the nearby hills. In winter we get lots of mud and bog holes but absolutely no snow which is sad.

My other car at the moment is a 1974 Volvo 164 on air bags with a Toyota 1jz swap making 340hp I have plans to soon get this tuned with a new ECU and to fix a few minor problems, this should see around 450hp - 500hp if I'm lucky. This car attracts alot of attention and is a joy to drive however it already drinks fuel, and soon with my new 264 duration cams it will be kept only for occasional weekends and car club meets.

I'm keen to get stuck into this Volvo project mainly to prove a lot of arrogant Toyota fan boy 4x4 cowboys wrong about the haldex awd system, yes it is a slip to grip electronic system but people heavily underestimate what it can do.

Just awaiting the sale of my current daily VW Jetta TDI to go out and purchase the lucky girl.

I will definitely be making a build thread and would appreciate any input and recommendations.

Cheers
Welcome!

Bradley beyer

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Baton Rouge, LA, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Beyer
Member #

Hello, I’m Brad. New to this forum, i have a 2018 Tacoma OR love it. Always had keeps and did trail rides, trying to camp out a 2 door JK and be able to haul things around the house proved to be tough. So I picked up the Tacoma. Never called myself a overlander or go over landing. We have a ground tent and do a lot of camping and kayaking. This truck will be the first one I’m going to set up as a camping rig, hopefully get another jk in my future. I’m from Baton Rouge Louisiana. Got a small road trip coming up in June so figured this would be a good place to start for some places when we finished up the planning.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My name is Justin, new to the overland community! Always had a passion for camping and automobiles so I’m pretty stoked to have found a community that combines both.

Vehicle: 2001 Tahoe
Welcome to Overland Bound

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hello, I’m Brad. New to this forum, i have a 2018 Tacoma OR love it. Always had keeps and did trail rides, trying to camp out a 2 door JK and be able to haul things around the house proved to be tough. So I picked up the Tacoma. Never called myself a overlander or go over landing. We have a ground tent and do a lot of camping and kayaking. This truck will be the first one I’m going to set up as a camping rig, hopefully get another jk in my future. I’m from Baton Rouge Louisiana. Got a small road trip coming up in June so figured this would be a good place to start for some places when we finished up the planning.
Welcome!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Hi all, I'm Sean and i have a 2003 Land Rover Discovery 2. I have been living in Tooele Utah for about 5 years now but lived in Denver Colorado before i got moved for work. I pretty much have no over landing experience but i love to explore.
Hello Seand, im glad to see another Land Rover Discovery join up. I am new also and have a 2000 D2. Hope to see you on the road.

Reactions: Seand

Aussie571

Local Expert, Australia NSW

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

Hi everyone,

Cheers
Welcome from NSW!

Colonel Gadget

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Manatee County, Florida, USA
Member #

Hello all. I am Nino, from the bay area (Tampa Bay).This is my first post as I just joined today. I've done lots of camping, but very little "overlanding" with my own vehicle (2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport). I just completed my own version of an offroad trailer. I call it a "Roverlander" because I plan to travel with my dog (and I built-it some features only a dog would appreciate). I look forward to meeting up with you, especially if you're from the Florida area.

desertpir8

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Mesa, AZ
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7NVF
20190214_122335.jpg Hey everyone! My name is John, from Mesa, Arizona, USA. Have a 1999 Ford E-350 Super Duty 4x4 van that started life as a $500 beater that my wife and I have built into a 4x4 overlanding rig in the last year. Looking forward to making some new friends (there has to be some locals on here!) and enjoying some adventure with our new rig. Here is a photo from our February expedition to the bottom of the Grand Canyon, following the original 1914 Metz expedition route.

Last edited:

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Welcome to Overland Bound, glad to have you here! Make sure you check the forums for your local Overland groups and meet ups.

Reactions: Bradley beyer