Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Thank you! It is a Whitehall Solo Spirit 14. Sliding seat and made of rotomolded plastic. Handles pretty big water and rows easily.
Very nice boat! I saw the price, and was surprised how much for a roto-molded boat. Then saw that it's actually thermoformed, a much higher quality process. With that skeg, I thought there had to be a sailing option, too. What a beauty! Perfect for rough water. Thanks for the details.

http://whitehallsolo.com/solo-14-sculling-rowboat/

Armentac

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pomona
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Armenta
Member #

How's it going everyone!
Rig: 1982 Toyota Pickup
Experience: Very little overlanding, did a lot of backpacking, hiking, and things along that nature.

Looking foward to meeting new people.
Should be back from deployment in time for "off the grid 2"

JusticeZ33

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Howdy. Not my first post, second actually. I have been stalking the group for the past few weeks and really like the fact that I have yet to see the "go hit the search button" response you see on so many other forums when people ask questions.

Just got a 2016 4Runner Trail and already looking to mod. It is my first truck and I am loving it. Only owned sports cars prior. I am not new to travel and backcountry backpacking but I am new to Offroad driving. I am out of VA Beach right now but will be moving out to CA this winter.

Looking forward to meeting folks and running some trails.

First State Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Delaware
Member #

Howdy. Not my first post, second actually. I have been stalking the group for the past few weeks and really like the fact that I have yet to see the "go hit the search button" response you see on so many other forums when people ask questions.

Just got a 2016 4Runner Trail and already looking to mod. It is my first truck and I am loving it. Only owned sports cars prior. I am not new to travel and backcountry backpacking but I am new to Offroad driving. I am out of VA Beach right now but will be moving out to CA this winter.

Looking forward to meeting folks and running some trails.
Welcome!

Mad Garden Gnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
How's it going everyone!
Rig: 1982 Toyota Pickup
Experience: Very little overlanding, did a lot of backpacking, hiking, and things along that nature.

Looking foward to meeting new people.
Should be back from deployment in time for "off the grid 2"
Welcome....from a former rotorhead!

TXbenchRacer

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

argyle texas 76226
First Name
Martin
Last Name
Rakoci
Member #

Texas just north of DFW
2008 gmc 2500 hd duramax
little rig info: 47 gal main tank 37 gal aux tank , road armor bumpers , warn 16.5 winch ,
cognito hd steering fabtech outers , oba , 4.11 gears with air lockers front and rear,
37" tires, cb , one or two lights , other stuff I'm forgetting
soon to be building a rear rack over the bed to hold a tepui gran sabana ,water containers , spare tire and more!

I've been into wheeling/overlanding starting somewhere in the late 90's on 4 and 2 wheels
and am looking forward to being a part overland bound!

IMG_7169.JPG IMG_7746.JPG

aznwolf118

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hello new here but been on expedition portal for a while

1) Location -- SF bay area
2) Rig -- which... 2002 Toyota 4Runner, full armored expo and 1989 4Runner 1Uzfe swap long travel desert explore
3) Overlanding Experience Background -- been here been there.. stated at overland expo and the rest is history

Reactions: SLO Rob and Steve

Pippinized

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

location- Orlando, FL
Rig- 2010 Xterra
Experience- I've stepped in mud a few times.

My elevator sales pitch- After a few trips through Suburban estates in Central Florida, I find myself behind the wheel of a 4wd Xterra. After a few ideas and a few drinks with friends, Overlanding sounded like a great idea.

Darren

Rank 0

Contributor I

Location: Syracuse, NY - Close enough to the Adirondacks, where I grew up.
Rig: 2011 GMC Sierra Regular Cab Standard Bed SLE, 2.5" Rough Country Lift Kit, 32.5" General Grabber AT2 tires on 18" Ultra Gauntlet Rims, Rhino Liner Spray-In Bedliner, soft rolling tonneau cover, and Access ADARAC bed rack.
Experience: I spent my entire childhood hiking, camping, and paddling the Adirondacks. Overlanding, not so much in the same sense of the term as used out West. I use my truck mainly to get to and from backcountry campsites, trailheads, lakes, and rivers hauling the essentials, bikes, and kayaks.