Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

View attachment 85850 New guy from Bremerton, WA. I’ve been into camping and wheeling for many years, but life is dictating less wheeling and more exploring (what the cool kids now call overlanding). Planing to run the WABDR in June. I mostly joined here to lurk, as I always like to glean knowledge and ideas.

My daily driven work truck/tow rig/adventure mobile is a 92 Dodge W250 with a Cummins and a 5 speed.
Welcome!

Wbynot

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Brisbane QLD, Australia
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Sinden
Member #

The photo were taken in Gunshot creek, north Queensland, Simpson Desert and Victorian high country. All about 1500 to 2000 kilometres from home in different directions. She's a big and beautiful country this one. One more local place for fun.

Attachments

DirtyPenguins

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Lansing, MI, USA
Member #

The photo were taken in Gunshot creek, north Queensland, Simpson Desert and Victorian high country. All about 1500 to 2000 kilometres from home in different directions. She's a big and beautiful country this one. One more local place for fun.
That is EXTREMELY awesome. We definitely are wanting to and tour that beautiful country of yours. Simply awesome!

Reactions: Luis Merlo

DirtyPenguins

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Lansing, MI, USA
Member #

That's a huge amount of k's, but those Toyota's can handle it. Lol. Built to last!

Gun shot creek! I've heard of that creek. That's on the old telegraph track. I follow justin of patriot campers, those guys are awesome!

I hope 1 day the wife and I can tour the telegraph track in the future

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
View attachment 85850 New guy from Bremerton, WA. I’ve been into camping and wheeling for many years, but life is dictating less wheeling and more exploring (what the cool kids now call overlanding). Planing to run the WABDR in June. I mostly joined here to lurk, as I always like to glean knowledge and ideas.

My daily driven work truck/tow rig/adventure mobile is a 92 Dodge W250 with a Cummins and a 5 speed.
Welcome to Overland Bound @demulsion! That Dodge looks like it has seen many a mile... and that isn't a bad thing. Less wheeling and more exploring is a great change, in my opinion. There is so much to be seen and so much to do in this great big planet. Heck, just up here in the PNW is filled with enough exploring to keep most people busy for years. The local Overland Bound community is filled with great people and I am sure there are a number that would love to join you on the WABDR. I recommend heading on over to our NorthWest regional forum [link] and poking/lurking around there.

You should also keep an eye on the Rally Point system [link], as there may be local events that catch your interest.

I look forward to meeting you on the trail some day. Until then if you need anything, feel free to message me on the forums @Jedi.

Last edited:

JPRatJ

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Acworth, GA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Ratledge
Member #

Service Branch
Marine corps
Hey, new member from Acworth, GA. Been off roading for many years just never anything official. Can't wait to learn more here. My truck is a 2012 Tacoma TRD Baja. Were looking to add a roof top tent or trailer configuration here soon.

-John

PaulKuo

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Princeton, MA, USA
Member #

New here, thanks for adding me. I come from hiking mostly, then to renting a 4wheel drive rental to go camping and finally getting a dedicated rig to do just that. Live in Princeton MA, right in the center of MA. Looking forward to seeing even more of the country.
Oh the rig is a 2016 JKU
Paul

Attachments

JPRatJ

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Acworth, GA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Ratledge
Member #

Service Branch
Marine corps
New here, thanks for adding me. I come from hiking mostly, then to renting a 4wheel drive rental to go camping and finally getting a dedicated rig to do just that. Live in Princeton MA, right in the center of MA. Looking forward to seeing even more of the country.
Oh the rig is a 2016 JKU
Paul

I like your Jeep! How do you like your Smittybilt RTT?

PaulKuo

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Princeton, MA, USA
Member #

I like your Jeep! How do you like your Smittybilt RTT?
Thanks! I was all over the place on what to get as a vehicle. Really I come front pitching a tent on the ground and not having the greatest back or not even sleeping well in a quality matress, the smitty built is a million times better than sleeping in a tent on the ground!

Mineral

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor III

Signed up a couple of days ago and excited about starting. I have been on the sidelines for years and I am anxious to start creating memories for my boys before they start driving. I have 83 4x4 truck (OD stopped at 385k), 99 tacoma, 96 lexus 450, 16 jeep 75th, and 18 F250. I live in Guthrie, OK but have been spending a lot of time in Eastern Wyoming (Gillette area). I'm new to this so hoping to learn a lot. I have spent a lot of time in off road environments but nothing organised. Thank you

the_dirty_birfield

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Nanaimo BC Canada
Member #

Yooooo just patiently waiting for my member number email. In the mean time I’m from Vancouver Island Canada and have an affinity for rock crawling and the “hard” stuff. BUT also love exploring, adventure, and making poor choices that always work out well. Like recently driving 2700 miles round trip as a personal goal/challenge to build a comfortably streetable rock crawler and drive it to King of the Hammers, wheel, and drive home. I’m looking at the ranking options and wondering if I can use recent/past trips to rank up?

I’ve poked fun at Overlanding but it’s in a friendly way because it’s the exploration and being outdoors with a vehicle that unites us regardless of how extreme you take it or what brand you favour. I have a bit of a personal challenge to participate in Overlanding trips that have a more extreme side to them where my challenge is more keeping my rig legal streetable and comfortable to drive long distances in. I’m sure I’ll find some great ideas here!

Next step is figuring out how to upload pics direct without the hoops of urls to third party hosting sites any links on how to do that?

Rig is a 91 2wd toyota pickup. Centred bj60 rear diff and bj60 front diff with 3 link panhard and coilovers. 40” tires dual cases and other doodads.

Thanks for all that are behind the scenes on this forum/community!

Last edited:

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Yooooo just patiently waiting for my member number email. In the mean time I’m from Vancouver Island Canada and have an affinity for rock crawling and the “hard” stuff. BUT also love exploring, adventure, and making poor choices that always work out well. Like recently driving 2700 miles round trip as a personal goal/challenge to build a comfortably streetable rock crawler and drive it to King of the Hammers, wheel, and drive home. I’m looking at the ranking options and wondering if I can use recent/past trips to rank up?

I’ve poked fun at Overlanding but it’s in a friendly way because it’s the exploration and being outdoors with a vehicle that unites us regardless of how extreme you take it or what brand you favour. I have a bit of a personal challenge to participate in Overlanding trips that have a more extreme side to them where my challenge is more keeping my rig legal streetable and comfortable to drive long distances in. I’m sure I’ll find some great ideas here!

Next step is figuring out how to upload pics direct without the hoops of urls to third party hosting sites any links on how to do that?

Rig is a 91 2wd toyota pickup. Centred bj60 rear diff and bj60 front diff with 3 link panhard and coilovers. 40” tires dual cases and other doodads.

Welcome to Overland Bound @the_dirty_birfield! There are a number of Overland Bound members over on Vancouver Island, so I recommend checking out the Overland Bound Canada West (BC) Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your neighbors. We are just starting to get things organized in BC, so keep your eye on the Rally Point system [link] for new events. Being just a ferry ride away from Washington, I also recommend keeping an eye on what we are doing in the US NorthWest Region as well [link].

I look forward to seeing you out there on the trail! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Reactions: the_dirty_birfield

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Welcome!

Reactions: the_dirty_birfield

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all!! New member here from Manassas, VA. I drive a bone stock 2015 Nissan Titan Pro-4x. I am new to the overland/off-road world.
Welcome to Overland Bound

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome to Overland Bound