Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Contributor I

Been following O-B on youtube over a year now. Joining the actual community now. Grew up doing much of desert/baja style offroading starting with quads/dirt bikes moving on to jeeps (XJ & ZJ) then eventually my current JK and 3 " lifted lincoln navi. I have experience with technical rock climbing but since having kids I've catered my adventures to more of the family oriented outings. Hence my interest in overlanding as it seems to be a family friendly hobby. My kids love camping and exploring the road less traveled. We look fwd to meeting some of you folks soon. 20151023_112800-01-1.jpg 20151012_133135-01.jpeg

NorthStar96

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Been following O-B on youtube over a year now. Joining the actual community now. Grew up doing much of desert/baja style offroading starting with quads/dirt bikes moving on to jeeps (XJ & ZJ) then eventually my current JK and 3 " lifted lincoln navi. I have experience with technical rock climbing but since having kids I've catered my adventures to more of the family oriented outings. Hence my interest in overlanding as it seems to be a family friendly hobby. My kids love camping and exploring the road less traveled. We look fwd to meeting some of you folks soon. View attachment 5092 View attachment 5091
Welcome @ArthurGuinness to the group!

Reactions: ArthurGuinness

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Been following O-B on youtube over a year now. Joining the actual community now. Grew up doing much of desert/baja style offroading starting with quads/dirt bikes moving on to jeeps (XJ & ZJ) then eventually my current JK and 3 " lifted lincoln navi. I have experience with technical rock climbing but since having kids I've catered my adventures to more of the family oriented outings. Hence my interest in overlanding as it seems to be a family friendly hobby. My kids love camping and exploring the road less traveled. We look fwd to meeting some of you folks soon. View attachment 5092 View attachment 5091
Welcome. Great looking Jeep.

Reactions: ArthurGuinness

mason10198

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bryant, Arkansas
Member #

Hey everyone! Mason here, finally joining over here at OB and super excited about it!

I have always loved exploring the outdoors, camping, hiking, etc and driving around in offroad capable vehicles. A couple years ago, I bought my first vehicle, a stock '05 Chevy TrailBlazer LS 4x4 powered by the trusty Vortec I6 4.2L engine. I had no plans of modifying the truck at the time... but within a couple of weeks I found a little community called OffroadTB where the endless information and support from fellow members got my ideas skyrocketing. Now, 2 years later, I have 8" of lift on my TB, armor, mudders, comms, and a pile of gear that never stops growing. I love getting out there with the truck and exploring everywhere I can to get great pics and great experiences. I can't wait to get into this community!

Rig: 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS 4x4 I6 (build thread)
Overlanding Experience: Moderate. I have good experience in general offroading and camping, but unfortunately I haven't been on any major expeditions yet!

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hey everyone! Mason here, finally joining over here at OB and super excited about it!

I have always loved exploring the outdoors, camping, hiking, etc and driving around in offroad capable vehicles. A couple years ago, I bought my first vehicle, a stock '05 Chevy TrailBlazer LS 4x4 powered by the trusty Vortec I6 4.2L engine. I had no plans of modifying the truck at the time... but within a couple of weeks I found a little community called OffroadTB where the endless information and support from fellow members got my ideas skyrocketing. Now, 2 years later, I have 8" of lift on my TB, armor, mudders, comms, and a pile of gear that never stops growing. I love getting out there with the truck and exploring everywhere I can to get great pics and great experiences. I can't wait to get into this community!

Rig: 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS 4x4 I6 (build thread)
Overlanding Experience: Moderate. I have good experience in general offroading and camping, but unfortunately I haven't been on any major expeditions yet!
Welcome to the forum.

SteveS

Rank 0

Contributor II

Hello Everyone!

Steve here from the concrete jungle, Philadelphia.

I'm addicted to being outdoors and found this site while looking to do more extended expeditions.

The misses and I enjoy putting around Pennsylvania during the spring and summer. Fall and winter we enjoy exploring the White Mountains in New Hampshire, as well as the rest of New England.

Here is the modest (yet to be stumped) rig:
2000 4Runner

I am looking forward to making new friends and exploring the North East!

Last edited:

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
Hello Everyone!

I'm addicted to being outdoors and found this site while looking to do more extended expeditions.

The misses and I enjoy putting around Pennsylvania during the spring and summer. Fall and winter we enjoy exploring the White Mountains in New Hampshire, as well as the rest of New England.

2000 4Runner

Keep me updated on the 4runner. I'm trying to sell my Jeep and have decided to go with a 99 or 00 4runner.

SteveS

Rank 0

Contributor II

Keep me updated on the 4runner. I'm trying to sell my Jeep and have decided to go with a 99 or 00 4runner.
For sure!

I had a 97 TJ. 4.o 5-speed manual.

They are a blast!

I have had the 4Runner for about four months now. I have made some minor improvements but it is really is in a league of it's own in its factory/stock form.

It just turned 150,000 miles. The engine purrs smoother and the transmission shifts crisper than my 2014 VW Jetta with less than 20,000 miles on the clock!

I definitely have some plans for the 4Runner but am going to take it slow. While I'd love to drop 10k and have it fully decked out from A to Z; I'm going to take my time and through using it as my overlanding rig hopefully identify what I really "need" compared to what I "want/wish for".

As for buying one, take your time. There are a lot of really good ones out there. But as the saying goes: if the deal sounds to good to be true, it often is.

First State Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Delaware
Member #

Hello Everyone!

2000 4Runner

Welcome fellow east coaster! It's nice to see someone else from the area. I'm just down the road in northern DE. You should check out the Mid-Atlantic Overland Festival if you can as it's not too far away.

Reactions: SteveS

SteveS

Rank 0

Contributor II

Welcome fellow east coaster! It's nice to see someone else from the area. I'm just down the road in northern DE. You should check out the Mid-Atlantic Overland Festival if you can as it's not too far away.
I saw that! I'm not able to attend. It looks like it's going to be a good time!

Reactions: Michael