Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Helo.
I'm Brian, my wife is Sara.View attachment 84836
We have a 1996 Toyota Land Cruiser.
This truck has a ton of miles on it and has a pretty interesting story that I'll do a nice write up on once i have a few more posts.
We bought this vehicle with the intent of getting into Overlanding.
We both loved camping when we were younger, however we both had different experiences that made us really not have any desire to continue once we were out on our own. Which looking back now seems foolish.

Living in Nebraska things are relatively flat.
It gets hilly as you go north of the platte river valley, and west from the missouri. But, the advantage I see is when you want to go to the mountains, or the west coast, or the east coast, you are already half way there.
We have many beautful state parks, and any serious off roading is only about 4-10 hours away so its not as bad as it could be.
We would love to live somewhere else but we are tied down here for family reasons for the time being.
I've been a fan of the OB youtube channel for some time now, and im glad to be part of the community.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-trip-planning.21/

If you have any questions message your Regional Director or Representative they are there to help.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/overland-bound-regions.5928/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, I am new here, I live in Amity Arkansas. Minutes from 2 natural forests and 4 lakes. I am planning on building up a LR3

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.

If you have any questions message your Regional Director or Representative they are there to help.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Evening everyone, new here and hoping to get into overlanding--I have plenty of camping and outdoors experience, just never had the luxury of a vehicle! I just moved back to where I grew up in the Bay Area, CA after a 6 year stint in New England. I recently transitioned from my 2010 F-150 to a 2019 Tacoma TRD OR and I am excited to get out there. Hope to meet some of you all soon!

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 84873 Hello everyone,

New to the community
I am in Northwest Arkansas
Recently got a 09 Lexus LX 570 - no mods (so far), just AT tires and diy sleeping platform in back
Novice to off-road and overlanding. Although have been car camping and hiking for years. Looking forward to pushing and exploring deeper into the wild!

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

View attachment 84835 HI ALL! My names Brian and I just got back into offroading. I cashed in my midlife-crises points with the wife and she signed off on a 2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2. I plan on using it for family camping trips and taking my young kids out to see nature as much as possible. I hope to attend some meets, get some training, and find out my trucks advantages and disadvantages along with my own limitations. I like hunting, fishing, camping, offroading, nature photography wilderness skills, survival equipment, and anything having to deal with the outdoors. WOW, theres a lot of members here! So I found this site while bumping around on the internet, but you can also find me on ZR2zone and American Adventurist as Devil Dog Hog. Hope to make the community bigger and better and look forward to meeting you on the trails!
Hi Brian! Welcome to Overland Bound!!!

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Honeymooners

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Kalispell, Montana, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Reese
Ham/GMRS Callsign
Honeymooners
Hi all. Just joined. My wife and I are very experienced overlanders. I look forward to meet more of you on in the great outdoors on a trek. We live in the great state of Montana so we have plenty of places to go that doesn't take long to get there for short adventures. We do travel to Colorado, Utah, Washington, Idaho, Nevada, Cali a lot also.

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hi all. Just joined. My wife and I are very experienced overlanders. I look forward to meet more of you on in the great outdoors on a trek. We live in the great state of Montana so we have plenty of places to go that doesn't take long to get there for short adventures. We do travel to Colorado, Utah, Washington, Idaho, Nevada, Cali a lot also.
Welcome to Overland Bound!!!

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Welcome from Utah. I hear Montana is pretty dang cold right now.

Rjsnodgrass

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Port Orchard, WA, USA
First Name
RJ
Last Name
Snodgrass
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FSQ
Hey RJ (@Rjsnodgrass)! Welcome to Overland Bound. Seattle is a great place to live if you are looking for adventure and to meet your fellow Overland Bound members. In fact we just had a great meetup last weekend and I am working hard to plan one for February. To get to know the members in your area, I recommend heading on over to the NorthWest Region forum [link].

Depending on where in Seattle you live, you might be interested in hooking up with the South Puget Sound group [link] as they start getting some recurring meetups going.

Of course, events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.
Thanks for the info....I was at the meet up at the fort. Good time and fun folks. I had the orange Jeep.
RJ

Reactions: Jedi

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Well it's actually has been pretty mild this winter. To get below zero is normal for this time of year.
Normal and below zero should never be used in the same sentence. My teeth chatter just reading that. :0) Stay warm out there.

DieselRado

Rank 0

Traveler I

Rochester Hills, MI, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Black
Hello, My name is Rob. Located 30 miles North of Detroit, Mi. New to the site and looking forward to learning and really getting into what the site has to offer.

I drive a 2018 Chevy Colorado z71, diesel 2.8L Duramax. I have had jeeps and sports cars over the years but this is my daily so I plan to keep things reasonable with this truck. Not really focused on the crazy off roading aspect but rather the experience aspect. I used to do a fair amount of off roading but I think I have grown out of heavily modifying vehicles these days. Looking to use this truck as the platform to do a lot of camping and ATV-ing. The 'Rado' should get us to where we need to go to set camp and have fun! Michigan has a lot to offer and we plan to spend more time out in it!

I became interested in this site mainly from the YouTube videos. I have really enjoyed that. I have some purchases I need to make concerning our setup and am looking forward to learning from this site and sharing some of the knowledge I have gained over the years. 1st project, goodbye air dam!

IMG_0026.JPG

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Hello, My name is Rob. Located 30 miles North of Detroit, Mi. New to the site and looking forward to learning and really getting into what the site has to offer.

I drive a 2018 Chevy Colorado z71, diesel 2.8L Duramax. I have had jeeps and sports cars over the years but this is my daily so I plan to keep things reasonable with this truck. Not really focused on the crazy off roading aspect but rather the experience aspect. I used to do a fair amount of off roading but I think I have grown out of heavily modifying vehicles these days. Looking to use this truck as the platform to do a lot of camping and ATV-ing. The 'Rado' should get us to where we need to go to set camp and have fun! Michigan has a lot to offer and we plan to spend more time out in it!

I became interested in this site mainly from the YouTube videos. I have really enjoyed that. I have some purchases I need to make concerning our setup and am looking forward to learning from this site and sharing some of the knowledge I have gained over the years. 1st project, goodbye air dam!

View attachment 84906
Welcome from Utah. You will enjoy it here.

billiardspintail

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

San Jose, CA
First Name
Bryce
Last Name
McNab
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GNT
Evening everyone, new here and hoping to get into overlanding--I have plenty of camping and outdoors experience, just never had the luxury of a vehicle! I just moved back to where I grew up in the Bay Area, CA after a 6 year stint in New England. I recently transitioned from my 2010 F-150 to a 2019 Tacoma TRD OR and I am excited to get out there. Hope to meet some of you all soon!
Welcome back to the Bay Area! Seeing all these people in the bay who are into overland is making me real itchy to get mine working.

Reactions: Kent R and 50taco

Kurt Judson

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Otis, Maine, United States
First Name
Kurt
Last Name
Judsin
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Greeting all. Glad I found this group. I am currently running a 2018 Jeep Rubicon. I live near Camden, SC. Previous experience with a CJ5 and IH Scout II’s, although that was 20 years ago. Getting back into outdoor lifestyle after an extended break.

Traveler I

Hello, obviously i'm new the overland bound community. Have been out on several short trips testing my 2005 F-150 and tweaking a few things since. Looking forward to connecting with some folks and enjoying the outdoors. I have made quite a few mods to the old trusty Ford and still have quite a few on the to do list like i'm sure we all do. In any case feel free to connect and lets him some trails, i'm currently picking off portions of the Oklahoma Adventure Trail. I started NW of Tulsa and am going clockwise around the state. Fished up down in Kiamichi WMA this last weekend. Going to pick it back up in a few weeks and see how far we can get in 3 days.

God Bless
Chad from Bixby OK

Attachments

ZONA.OVRLND

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
M
Member #

JeepinSNP.jpg Hello! New to the Overland Bound community, but not to the ideas/principles that OB is founded on!

I am having trouble "activating" my account though - sent a message to the admin or whatever to try activate my account :-/

Anywho....I have uploaded a picture of my 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon for you all to see! It's a work in progress, but the basics are the (lift, tires, roof rack, etc). Next major additions will be to install front and rear bumpers w/ tire carrier from AEV once they're released sometime before the end of summer (hopefully) and a witch to go along with that front bumper.

I live in Phoenix, AZ, pretty much raised here so love the desert landscape and the state of AZ and the variety of terrain it offers throughout the state.

I'd say i'm in between novice and experienced...haha. Not new to offroading, have owned 5 Jeeps in my life - 4 wranglers, ( YJ, TJ, JKU and now my JLUR) and then also own a 2015 Grand Cherokee. Have camped a lot in my life, grew up in Boy Scouts, so have always loved the outdoors, exploring, etc. I am however, new(er) to overlanding in the context of trips that are a few days/weeks long without a central base camp.

I'll actually be doing a bit of actual overlanding in the next few months on the Devil's Highway in southwest AZ into CA in a week and a half, and then the Mojave trail in April. That's with a club I'm in called Jeep Expeditions based mainly out of AZ, but have lots of members in CA, TX (as well as members in other states too that join on the expeditions that are planned). The club tends to focus on overlanding expedition trips, some of which can be a few days long, other a week or two, even trips that are a month long and are more "once in a lifetime experience" trips.

Having said all that, I'm excited to venture into the Overlanding world, and from what I see, Overland Bound is a great launching point to learn more participate more in the world of Overlanding

To check out more of my current Jeep build and the adventures that are involved with that, follow my instagram - @azonajp Be sure to follow it as more adventures are on the horizon as well as additional mods to make my Wrangler even more capable.