Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Navydivedoc

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Virginia, USA
Member #

Not sure how I missed this site over the years, but better late than never. I've done a fair amount of Overlanding, mainly in Vermont with Vermont Overland. I have a 2006 Jeep LJ, with most of the Jeep gone. LS conversion, dynatrac axles, other toys. Still a great long distance overlander, as I drive it from Virginia to hit the class IV VT roads. I'm active duty Navy, but headed toward retirement in 2020. Moab, Rubicon, etc await after I hang up the uniform.

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Not sure how I missed this site over the years, but better late than never. I've done a fair amount of Overlanding, mainly in Vermont with Vermont Overland. I have a 2006 Jeep LJ, with most of the Jeep gone. LS conversion, dynatrac axles, other toys. Still a great long distance overlander, as I drive it from Virginia to hit the class IV VT roads. I'm active duty Navy, but headed toward retirement in 2020. Moab, Rubicon, etc await after I hang up the uniform.
Welcome from NOVA/DC!

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Welcome to OLB!

Jdub6220

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Scappoose, OR, USA
Member #

Hi everyone, my name is Joe and I’m from Scappoose Oregon. I drove a 1998 Toyota 4Runner and enjoy taking it on adventures. I do a lot of camping and general exploring around Oregon. Looking forward to meeting some new people and being a part of this cool community. Feel free to hit me up

Attachments

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hi everyone, my name is Joe and I’m from Scappoose Oregon. I drove a 1998 Toyota 4Runner and enjoy taking it on adventures. I do a lot of camping and general exploring around Oregon. Looking forward to meeting some new people and being a part of this cool community. Feel free to hit me up
Welcome to Overland Bound Joe (@jdub1618). There are a number of great overlanding events occurring throughout the PNW and in the Portland/Vancouver area in particular, so I recommend checking out the Overland Bound Northwest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know the people in your neighborhood.

Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kris082814

Rank I

Contributor III

Truck.jpg Hello Overland Bound!! My name is Kris. I'm out of Utah County, in you guessed it, Utah! I have been reading forums on this site for a while now, and decided it was time to join! I'm an outdoor enthusiast, who cannot wait to be a more active member of this community. As of right now I have a 1999 Chevy Silverado (NBS), with a 4.8L V-8. Starting next year however I will be building my first overlanding rig out of a 2004 Chevy Suburban 2500 with a 6.0L V-8. I'd say I'm fairly experienced at the off road driving, but know I still have a lot to learn. Will be sure to post pictures of my current rig soon.

EDIT: Here's the beauty I'm running right now, finally put up a picture of her, just washed.

Last edited:

RichardHdz

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Irving, Dallas County, Texas, United States
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Hernandez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB6POE
Hello everyone,

I have always loved adventure but I never really went out except to Calico a few times. I went to the LA Auto Show last year (2018) and a new friend came along. We saw the Jeep Gladiator and we both fell in love with the vehicle. We could not stop talking about the adventures we could have which sparked my desire for adventure again. I drive 100 miles per day so I currently drive a Camry but I'm looking for an off road capable vehicle to purchase for now just so we can get out and do something. Then I found this forum and it was like fate slapped me upside the head.

I'm a Ham radio operator with an Extra class license. I work in I.T. and I have always been a tech geek. I look forward to getting out and meeting everyone.

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hello everyone,

I have always loved adventure but I never really went out except to Calico a few times. I went to the LA Auto Show last year (2018) and a new friend came along. We saw the Jeep Gladiator and we both fell in love with the vehicle. We could not talking about the adventures we could have which sparked my desire for adventure again. I drive 100 miles per day so I currently drive a Camry but I'm looking for an off road capable vehicle to purchase for now just so we can get out and do something. Then I found this forum and it was like fate slapped me upside the head.

I'm a Ham radio operator with an Extra class license. I work in I.T. and I have always been a tech geek. I look forward to getting out and meeting everyone.
Welcome to OB. Hope you get the Gladiator. They look great. Also there is a OB Ham net every Friday if you want to join in.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/friday-night-ham-radio-net.21576/

RichardHdz

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Irving, Dallas County, Texas, United States
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Hernandez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB6POE

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
1) Picture! View attachment 84040
2) Location: Cincinnati, OH
3) Rig: 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road, brand new so its completely stock (for now)
4) Overlanding Experience Background: I am brand new. I've tried to gather what I can through videos and forums online, but I am very excited to finally be able to get out there and hit the trails myself!
Welcome! I'm about 45 min North in Dayton. I'm still playing around with planning my trips for spring as well. Also you have great taste in vehicle [emoji6]

IMG_0575.jpg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 84338 Hello everyone, glad to be part of overland bound. I’m new to overlanding, but I am ready to learn everything I can.
Rig: 2000 Dodge Dakota SLT
Welcome to Overland Bound

Reactions: Narbob

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound! great looking LJ

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi there !
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-trip-planning.21/

If you have any questions message your Regional Director or Representative they are there to help.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/overland-bound-regions.5928/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Overland Bound!! My name is Kris. I'm out of Utah County, in you guessed it, Utah! I have been reading forums on this site for a while now, and decided it was time to join! I'm an outdoor enthusiast, who cannot wait to be a more active member of this community. As of right now I have a 1999 Chevy Silverado (NBS), with a 4.8L V-8. Starting next year however I will be building my first overlanding rig out of a 2004 Chevy Suburban 2500 with a 6.0L V-8. I'd say I'm fairly experienced at the off road driving, but know I still have a lot to learn. Will be sure to post pictures of my current rig soon.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.

If you have any questions message your Regional Director @Russell Peters

Reactions: Kris082814

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,

I have always loved adventure but I never really went out except to Calico a few times. I went to the LA Auto Show last year (2018) and a new friend came along. We saw the Jeep Gladiator and we both fell in love with the vehicle. We could not stop talking about the adventures we could have which sparked my desire for adventure again. I drive 100 miles per day so I currently drive a Camry but I'm looking for an off road capable vehicle to purchase for now just so we can get out and do something. Then I found this forum and it was like fate slapped me upside the head.

Our weekly ham net is on the calendar every Friday evening at 1730 hrs.

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R