Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hello everyone. Just joined this morning and my wife, my 5 year old son and I are super excited to meet some new friends that are into the same kind of stuff we are. We have a very mild (for now) 2014 Jeep JKU that we bought a couple months ago. We all love to camp, fish and wheel and look forward to some trips soon.
Welcome to Overland Bound,, @JasonJKU! That is a great looking JKU you have there and a perfect foundation for an overland rig that will take you and your family on many great adventures. Overland Bound is pretty active in the Willamette Valley area, thanks to the efforts of @Roy & Kristin Zirpoli. There is currently a Facebook page [link] for the are where a lot of discussion on upcoming activities occurs, so you might want to check that out. In fact, there is a meetup of the group coming up on February 9th in Salem [link] that might be of interest to you. If that doesn't work, there is also a Bonfire, BBQ, and Camp event on February 16th [link]

Beyond the local Willamette Valley happenings, there are a number of great overlanding events occurring throughout the PNW, so I recommend checking out the Overland Bound Northwest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your other neighbors. Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Well I have been a member for a few years now and have never really got on here to check it out :/ So hello from Bend, Oregon :)View attachment 84247
Welcome to the forums, @Jacyb. I'm glad that you are joining in on the discussion and bringing along photos of your nice clean FJ. :tonguewink: Right now there isn't a lot going on on the dryer side of Oregon, but there are a few members in your area, so perhaps someone will step forward and organize a meetup. In the meantime I recommend checking out the Overland Bound Northwest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know who and what is going on in the PNW. Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hello all! Finally getting around to making an account since I've lurked here a while off and on.

My kids are getting to the age now where I will be able to do possible overnight camping adventures and such, so I am broadening my reach I guess for places to go/and people to meet.

I drive a lifted 2018 Subaru Crosstrek. The thing is an absolute slug with larger tires and loaded down, but I have had more fun with this car in a little over a year than the 7+ years I've driven turbocharged cars. haha.

I'm pretty new to "overlanding" per se, but I also didn't know car camping/adventuring had a legitimate name until about 2 years ago. The Crosstrek has been the first car I've owned that can do anything off pavement further than a gravel parking lot, but I have had offroad experience with my dad when I was younger.

Anyways, look forward to chatting/meeting some of you fine folks.

View attachment 84311
Welcome to Overland Bound, @Walnut. I'm glad you decided to register and are starting to look forward to taking your kids out. Some of my best memories with my father were our camping, fishing, and hiking trips. The PNW is filled with places to go and things to see, so I am sure you will find lots of ways to get that Crosstrek dirty. There is currently a group of members in the South Puget Sound [link] area that are starting to get monthly meetups going, so you might want to check in with them.

Most of the conversations regarding planning and the like takes place in the Northwest Region forum [link], so I recommend heading over to there so that you can get a better idea of what is happening. Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hey guys! Glad to get my foot in the door here at OLB! Just trying to gain more experience and learn everything I can.

Area: Leavenworth Washington
Rig: 2008 6spd Toyota FJ Cruiser
Experience: mediocre drive-to camping
Welcome to Overland Bound from the other side of the Cascades, @Danger Ray. You are in an incredible place for overlanding experience with Section 3 of the Washington Backroad Discovery Route (WABDR) in your backyard and the NW Overland Rally [link] just a few miles North of you! @4wheelspulling might be able to provide you with some more specific recommendations in your area, as he is well versed in that part of the state.

I recommend checking out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your “neighbors”. Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Hello all! Finally getting around to making an account since I've lurked here a while off and on.

My kids are getting to the age now where I will be able to do possible overnight camping adventures and such, so I am broadening my reach I guess for places to go/and people to meet.

I drive a lifted 2018 Subaru Crosstrek. The thing is an absolute slug with larger tires and loaded down, but I have had more fun with this car in a little over a year than the 7+ years I've driven turbocharged cars. haha.

I'm pretty new to "overlanding" per se, but I also didn't know car camping/adventuring had a legitimate name until about 2 years ago. The Crosstrek has been the first car I've owned that can do anything off pavement further than a gravel parking lot, but I have had offroad experience with my dad when I was younger.

Anyways, look forward to chatting/meeting some of you fine folks.
Welcome @Walnut !

Love the moniker and the rig, those are capable little vehicles.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all...well, this is my 'second' post....did I already break a rule by not having this my first post ;) I joined yesterday and saw a local post about a potential snow run this weekend and I had to reply...

I just purchased a 2015 Jeep Rubicon, 2 door 6 speed. The previous owner, or should I say explorer/overlander as well as a 100% stand up, straigh shootin' ,very helpful and knowledgeable guy put a lot of thought into the build. I am very lucky to have met him. I am also lucky he wanted more space which forced the sale of the 2 door JK in favor of a 4 door JL...

I live on the Peninsula in San Francisco Bay Area...at 50 years old, it is rare that I am new to anyting, but can safely write that I am new to overlanding...

Thanks to all who maintain this community, I look forward to my time on this site and on the trails....
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-trip-planning.21/

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone. Just joined this morning and my wife, my 5 year old son and I are super excited to meet some new friends that are into the same kind of stuff we are. We have a very mild (for now) 2014 Jeep JKU that we bought a couple months ago. We all love to camp, fish and wheel and look forward to some trips soon.
Welcome to Overland Bound

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 84211

Hello all! OB #16607 from Mesquite. Tx. Really looking forward for road trips and meet ups with other overlanders [emoji1598]

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.

The DFW area has a Meet-Up that meets monthly, if your interested check out the meet-up page on the forum for details. https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-dallas-fort-worth-dfw-meet-up.18113/page-5#post-265965

If you have any questions your Member Representative is @brien on the forum.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 84249 @ltaco17 2017 Toyota Tacoma, North Carolina

If you have any questions message your Regional Director or Representative they are there to help.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/overland-bound-regions.5928/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey guys new to the group. Really excited to have found this site and this group. We’re a family of 5 always love to camp, hunt and fish and wheel. We’ve been getting into overlanding now that our boys aren’t babies anymore. Got a 2015 JKU lifted 4” with 35’s. She looks nice and clean but she plays all the time. I'm relatively new to Overlanding and relatively experienced wheeling. Looking forward to meeting other fellow overlanders and wheelers and enjoy some new adventures. Hoping to meet some of you guys locally and along the way.

If you have any questions message your Regional Director or Representative they are there to help.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/overland-bound-regions.5928/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey guys! Glad to get my foot in the door here at OLB! Just trying to gain more experience and learn everything I can.

Area: Leavenworth Washington
Rig: 2008 6spd Toyota FJ Cruiser
Experience: mediocre drive-to camping
Welcome to Overland Bound

Reactions: Danger Ray

Danger Ray

Rank III

Pathfinder III

Leavenworth, Washington, United States
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Calhoon
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound from the other side of the Cascades, @Danger Ray. You are in an incredible place for overlanding experience with Section 3 of the Washington Backroad Discovery Route (WABDR) in your backyard and the NW Overland Rally [link] just a few miles North of you! @4wheelspulling might be able to provide you with some more specific recommendations in your area, as he is well versed in that part of the state.

I recommend checking out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your “neighbors”. Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

Awesome!! That's exactly what I've been looking for. Super excited to get out on the trails and meet new friends! Thanks!

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

View attachment 84338 Hello everyone, glad to be part of overland bound. I’m new to overlanding, but I am ready to learn everything I can.
Rig: 2000 Dodge Dakota SLT
Welcome to OB! I'm relatively new also. Don't worry, this community is very open and friendly!

Best Regards,
Gabriel Bozeman

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
View attachment 84338 Hello everyone, glad to be part of overland bound. I’m new to overlanding, but I am ready to learn everything I can.
Rig: 2000 Dodge Dakota SLT
Welcome to Overland Bound, @GODESP. I have some great news for you, there are about 17,000 members here who are just as ready to help you learn! The PNW is filled with both people and places that will most certainly get you going along the overlanding trail. The Northwest Washington area has monthly meetups, although I am still working on the details to be able to post the February event. There is also currently a group of members in the South Puget Sound [link] area that are starting to get monthly meetups going, so you might want to check in with them. When the Northwest Washington event is posted, you will find it on the Rally Point system [link].

For the planning and to get to know who is in the Northwest Region I recommend heading over to the Northwest Region forum [link].

Reactions: Nomadik Nova