Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial
Hello ,
Brand new here so I am not even sure this is the right spot for this . I discovered these forums while looking for information on GoTreads , and of course went in 43 different directions but found these very interesting . Not really an explorer as such , but we do the beach camping thing so as far as equipment and things like that , I can relate . Anyway , just wanted to say hello from Long Island NY !
I look forward to all the information and stories on here . truck n trailer on beach.jpg

MunsterGeo Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor II

Mid West Ireland
First Name
John
Last Name
C
Member #

Hi John welcome to Overland Bound. I am the West Europe Region Director so if you need any help, info, clarifications or anything else you can think of please do not hesitate to drop me a message.
My job is to facilitate you getting the most out of your OB membership and building our community so please lean on me when ever you need to.
Many thanks Polaris, many thanks for your welcome and offer of assistance.

Great to see such support here :)

Bad River Runner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Milwaukee, WI, USA
First Name
Philip
Last Name
Gagnon
Member #

Hi everyone, been a member for a little while but just now starting to post more so I thought I would start here. Names Michael Jewett and I drive a 2008 4runner limited that started to turn into an overland rig mid-2017. It seems like I'm constantly changing something on it. This is what it currently looks like.

Awesome rig !!

Reactions: Jimmy P

Echelon

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

New here from Washington State
Current setup:
2014 Kia Sorento equipped with Smittybilt Overlander XL RTT
Not much experience overlanding but looking to learn and find routes, maps and camping spots along the way. Is there a good resource that shows local areas and difficulty of terrain?

Enthusiast III

Germantown, WI, USA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Owens
Member #

Hi everyone,

New guy from Milwaukee. I did a full intro in this section a bit ago, but wanted to share my potential adventure rig. I think it’s going to be fabulously capable! 2011 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman. Just about to turn 100K on the odometer, so I think it’s time to let it live the life it’s always wanted!

IMG_7946.JPG

Pedro 6-1

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

Nashua, New Hampshire, United States
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Vester
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8UXV
1) Picture! unnamed.jpg
2) Location: Cincinnati, OH
3) Rig: 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road, brand new so its completely stock (for now)
4) Overlanding Experience Background: I am brand new. I've tried to gather what I can through videos and forums online, but I am very excited to finally be able to get out there and hit the trails myself!

Bad River Runner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Milwaukee, WI, USA
First Name
Philip
Last Name
Gagnon
Member #

Hi everyone,

New guy from Milwaukee. I did a full intro in this section a bit ago, but wanted to share my potential adventure rig. I think it’s going to be fabulously capable! 2011 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman. Just about to turn 100K on the odometer, so I think it’s time to let it live the life it’s always wanted!

View attachment 84021
Hey I’m from Milwaukee area to... awesome rig

Reactions: Chris In Milwaukee

Chris C.

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Charlotte, NC, USA
Member #

Hey I'm from Charlotte. New to forum tonight. I'll post a pic of rig in coming days. Currently driving an LR4 that is in the middle of a build out. Novice/Moderate Overlander. Last Summer the family and I drove from Rapid City, SD to Central CA, hitting the National Parks a lot of the trails in-between. 2,400 miles in 12 days! Working on a trip thru the Smokies for the Spring.

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hello ,
Brand new here so I am not even sure this is the right spot for this . I discovered these forums while looking for information on GoTreads , and of course went in 43 different directions but found these very interesting . Not really an explorer as such , but we do the beach camping thing so as far as equipment and things like that , I can relate . Anyway , just wanted to say hello from Long Island NY !
I look forward to all the information and stories on here . View attachment 83988
Hello from Syracuse, NY and welcome to OLB and the East Region!

When looking for events near you check the Calendar at:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar

Looking for a meetup? Check this link:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/

Looking for the U.S. East Forum? Check this link:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/u-s-east-va-wv-md-de-nj-pa-ny-ct-ri-ma-nh-vt-me.83/

If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me.

Reactions: ExtremeBeach

Dbronco20/#15203

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Gilbert, Maricopa, AZ, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Pagliasotti
Member #

New member as of today #15203, super excited to be Odin this community, and really looking forward to the adventures I will have!

• No photos yet - but the are comming
  • Gilbert AZ (great state to get out and overland)
  • Rig is a 2017 TRD Tacoma 4x4 Sport - I am excited to start building
  • I am a novice

Father of two really good kids, have an amazing girlfriend, all of which can,t wait to get started,

OVLNDR_IG

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Eastlake, Chula Vista, CA, USA
Member #

Hello from San Diego, California!!
My daily driver is a '16 GMC Sierra A/T.
Overlanding experience background??... I enjoy camping, the smell of fresh air, and hot coffee on a cold morning... I stumbled upon "overlanding" a couple of months ago. Since, I've learned "overlanding" is not necessarily the action of, but the community it has. Yes, we all love the outdoors, but i think we all enjoy teaching/helping each other on and off the trails as well. Anyways, I'm OB member 15604, safe travels, see y'all in the trails!
IMG_4061.JPG

Razorrc

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Everson, PA, USA
First Name
MICHAEL
Last Name
SULKOWSKI
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTB684
Overlanding experience background??... I enjoy camping, the smell of fresh air, and hot coffee on a cold morning... I stumbled upon "overlanding" a couple of months ago. Since, I've learned "overlanding" is not necessarily the action of, but the community it has. Yes, we all love the outdoors, but i think we all enjoy teaching/helping each other on and off the trails as well. Anyways, I'm OB member 15604, safe travels, see y'all in the trails!
View attachment 84049
Welcome, Glad to see another Sierra on here. I have a '17 SLE.

Reactions: OVLNDR_IG

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

View attachment 84049
Welcome!

Reactions: OVLNDR_IG

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hey I'm from Charlotte. New to forum tonight. I'll post a pic of rig in coming days. Currently driving an LR4 that is in the middle of a build out. Novice/Moderate Overlander. Last Summer the family and I drove from Rapid City, SD to Central CA, hitting the National Parks a lot of the trails in-between. 2,400 miles in 12 days! Working on a trip thru the Smokies for the Spring.
Welcome!

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

New member here in North Carolina. I have a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee with some small mods. I previously have had a 99 4runner and 94 XJ (hence the username). I've only had the grand since December and looking to take it on some adventures. I currently have 4 weekend trips planned in the next 3 months.
Welcome and good luck!

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hello,
Just became a member and I thought I would introduce myself. My name is Rusty, I am part of a family of 5. My Wife and three children (ages 7,5,4). I am Looking forward to talking to all you about this wonderful life we lead.

My Rig:
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Sport

View attachment 83984
Welcome to Overland Bound Rusty (@Spooner61)! Some of my fondest memories as a child were outdoor adventures my father and I shared together, so I love hearing of a family interested in overlanding. The bonus for you is that you are in a great area to do it, as the PNW is just filled with wonderful places to see and great Overland Bound members to see them with.

I highly recommend visiting our Northwest Region forum [link] to get to know your neighbors and to see what is going on in the area. In particular, check out the SW Idaho Overlanding thread [link] by @GHCOE for a list of events in your area.

Another great place to check out is the Rally Point system [link], as events are often posted there first.

Most importantly, I hope you are able to get yourself and your family out there to find adventure and I hope to meet you someday as well. If you need any assistance, please feel free to send me a message on the forums @Jedi.

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
New here from Washington State
Current setup:
2014 Kia Sorento equipped with Smittybilt Overlander XL RTT
Not much experience overlanding but looking to learn and find routes, maps and camping spots along the way. Is there a good resource that shows local areas and difficulty of terrain?
Hello @Echelon and welcome to Overland Bound! You came to the right place to find valuable information on overlanding equipment, skills, and locations as well as to be part of an extremely helpful community.

For information on where to go and what to see, I recommend heading over to the Northwest Region forum [link], as that is where local information is shared and discussed. The most valuable to you will likely be the monthly Inland Northwest conference call [link], as it is a great opportunity for you to talk to your fellow Overland Bound members from Northern Idaho and Northeast Washington.

You may also be interested in the Northwest Overland Rally [link] which is held in Plain, WA every June. If you are looking for specific events, you should check out the Rally Point system [link]. As events are planned, they are usually posted up there.

I hope those resources help you to find some places to go and adventure and I hope to see you out there some day. If you need any assistance, please feel free to reach out to me on the forums @Jedi.

Hello from Syracuse, NY and welcome to OLB and the East Region!

When looking for events near you check the Calendar at:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar

Looking for a meetup? Check this link:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/

Looking for the U.S. East Forum? Check this link:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/u-s-east-va-wv-md-de-nj-pa-ny-ct-ri-ma-nh-vt-me.83/

If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me.
Thanks for the Welcome and the Info !

Reactions: Hank Outdoors