Launch Member

Enthusiast II

West Grove, PA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Lindsay
Member #

Oh Geeeezzz Sorry for jumping the gun!! I'm a Pats Fan have to for give I'm surrounded by Steeler fans on my wifes side. Hey ... can't wait to see your build start to move forward. Have cool day!!
I would love to start. Lift, rack(s), awning, snorkel, compressor, Switch pro, and lights have been sitting in the garage for months. Need to find time and get my OCD in check so I can decide on some UCA’s and get it ready for the spring.

Good luck next week in “The Big Game”....

Reactions: Drifterman

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thanks. Lol... Anyone can have a red fire truck, and yellow is better then green.
Yep the yellow is more ripe than green. For a time in the 80's we had white

Tony_Farson

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

14422 Lasso Drive, Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Farson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MSQ
Welcome to OB from another Reno-ite. There is a Reno Overlanding group in Reno. Check out their thread
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reno-overlanding-meetings-and-trail-runs-thread.17576/

If you have any questions you can message me or contact our Regional Ambassador @Kent R

Look forward to meeting you
Thanks @HappyOurOverlanding! I see there are monthly meetings for the Reno area. I'll try to get out there for the next one so I can meet you and others in person. I'll check out the thread you shared too. :)

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

chapa.VK56

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Welcome to OB! Overlanding is a great family activity.
It definitely is!
Before this rig, all my previous vehicles had been coupes and heavily modified for road-racing, so this has taken a bit to get used too. However, now that I’m in a nice big pick-up, I don’t see myself going back!
(I think something switched in my brain after my stint in the Army...i can’t het enough of the outdoors now, haha!)

Ron Gott

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Clovis, CA, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Gott
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hello just joined up
Ron live in Clovis Ca drive a 97 4Runner and I’m a beginner overlander. Done a few camping trips but ready for some longer stretches in the wilderness

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi All, still trying to figure out how I’m going to manage overlanding in my Jeep, so far I’ve just slept in the back of it with a pad I bought designed for it. Had one hell of a time on my trip to Northern California and want to have many more adventures.
Hello Marc and welcome to the OB crew....if you're not familiar with Jake Wettern aka IamJake on YouTube, then you might want to check him out. OB member and great guy. Lives out of his Jeep full time and is incredibly inspiring. Watch his early stuff to get some ideas. Also check out our build threads for more great ideas members have come up with.

Marc Simcox

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Newport Beach, CA, USA
Member #

Hello Marc and welcome to the OB crew....if you're not familiar with Jake Wettern aka IamJake on YouTube, then you might want to check him out. OB member and great guy. Lives out of his Jeep full time and is incredibly inspiring. Watch his early stuff to get some ideas. Also check out our build threads for more great ideas members have come up with.
Thanks, I think I ran across some of his stuff when I was looking at sprinter vans before I bought the Jeep, really inspiring, i’ll have to circle back around and re-watch his channel again.

Reactions: Chadlyb

Zacharry Sison

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Antioch, CA, USA
First Name
Zacharry
Last Name
Sison
Member #

Hi everyone!
Name's Nate, I'm from the Denver, Colorado area. Have driven most of the interstates of the country. So I guess I have a lot of overlanding experience? But an intermediate to the world of off-road overlanding.
Current rig is my 2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road. I've been slowly modifying it with sliders and bed-rack and other modifications.
I've been looking at this group for some time and am glad to have joined now.
See you on the trail!
Nice Bed Cage!!