Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

Looks like I may have jumped the gun and posted in "Member Rides" first :tonguewink: I promise im good at following directions. Haha.

On that note...

My name is Gaston. I have a radical wife Lindsey and an already addicted to adventure 6 month old son named Luca.

1) We live in Southern Orange County, CA. Ladera Ranch to be exact.
2) The adventure rig is a 1995 Mitsubishi Montero SR.
3) I have been exploring the outdoors for most of my life. Got into overlanding a few years ago and was instantly obsessed. If I had to rate my experience I would say intermediate. I feel very confident in the rig and it's capabilities, but know we both have our limits and I respect that :grin:. ALWAYS yearning to learn more and more.
View attachment 5025
I like montero :-) unique and underestimated.

Gaston95SR

Rank 0

Contributor I

I like montero :-) unique and underestimated.
I am biased, but 100% agree and is why I chose the Monty. The fact that it is super under valued in the US makes it a very affordable platform. The rest of the world knows it's capabilities, but im enjoying the fact that the states haven't caught on. Haha. Bought it for $2,500 bucks from the original owner and can keep up quite well with most out there. I am a HUGE land cruiser fan, but for now this does more than I can ask for.

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

I am biased, but 100% agree and is why I chose the Monty. The fact that it is super under valued in the US makes it a very affordable platform. The rest of the world knows it's capabilities, but im enjoying the fact that the states haven't caught on. Haha. Bought it for $2,500 bucks from the original owner and can keep up quite well with most out there. I am a HUGE land cruiser fan, but for now this does more than I can ask for.
I looked at the new Land cruiser today and they are right on par with what I paid for my house!

Reactions: Gaston95SR

Rattlesnake44

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hawthorne, CA
Member #

Hi all, I'm Jonathan. Living in SoCal, Los Angeles beach cities. I've been reading and enjoying the forum for a while so I finally decided to join up, order my member emblem and introduce myself all at the same time.
My experience over landing is intermediate at best, I've always preferred backpacking and foot travel, but really starting to see the benefits to having a vehicle, so much more gear!
Driving a 2015 Toyota 4Runner Trail. Been slowly kitting it up as I see a need. Just enjoying the process.
Cheers!

Mad Garden Gnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
Hi all, I'm Jonathan. Living in SoCal, Los Angeles beach cities. I've been reading and enjoying the forum for a while so I finally decided to join up, order my member emblem and introduce myself all at the same time.
My experience over landing is intermediate at best, I've always preferred backpacking and foot travel, but really starting to see the benefits to having a vehicle, so much more gear!
Driving a 2015 Toyota 4Runner Trail. Been slowly kitting it up as I see a need. Just enjoying the process.
Cheers!
Welcome!

Reactions: Rattlesnake44

Trowbocop

Rank III

Advocate II

Cheers!
Another LA member, welcome!

Reactions: Rattlesnake44

Carnivore

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Blue Quill, Edmonton, AB, Canada
First Name
JPD
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Service Branch
Infantry vet. 88-03
1. Edmonton, AB
2. 06 GMC Sierra 2500HD
3. 10 years in the Canadian Forces (medical release in 2003). Overlanding for business and pleasure since 86, when we just called it camploring. OK maybe I was the only one who called it that.

And, a parking lot shot.

And when we're not surrounded by civilization
before I started pulling off all the plastic shtuff

Mad Garden Gnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
1. Edmonton, AB
2. 06 GMC Sierra 2500HD
3. 10 years in the Canadian Forces (medical release in 2003). Overlanding for business and pleasure since 86, when we just called it camploring. OK maybe I was the only one who called it that.

And, a parking lot shot.

And when we're not surrounded by civilization
before I started pulling off all the plastic shtuff
Welcome John!

Reactions: Carnivore

MVO

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Johns Creek, GA
First Name
Malcolm
Last Name
O’Hara
Member #

Ok so I am drinking heavily and I am about to spend a bunch of money removing perfectly good parts from my brand new T4R TP. Wow I need new bumpers, heck I even need a new suspension system to handle the larger tires! And with all the added weight of so much gear, I need to re-gear!! Someone pass me some more cool aid. I need another drink. This list is getting longer.

Seriously though, I am happy to share from the beginning and I have enjoyed all of your comments and videos. And while I have been on a couple of extended cross country camping trips they were years ago and I feel like a rookie again so I am looking forward to your tips and recommendations.

BTW I am not retired, so work prevents me from communicating as quickly as I would like so please be patient with me and know I really do appreciate you.

A Louisiana native replanted an hour south of the North Georgia mountains.

Malcolm

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
1. Northern Idaho (Sandpoint)

2a. Currently '98 Jeep wrangler. (For Sale)
2b. Looking for 3rd gen 4runner

3. I have done more "Wheeling" with the Jeep in the past. I have always loved road trips and travel. My wife and I bicycled cross country for our honeymoon. I love to explore. I picked up a roof top tent this spring and am looking forward to selling the Jeep and setting up a 4runner for overlanding.

Anyone else up here in the north west?

Steve...

davidpick

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Pacific NW
Member #

Hi all,
New member here from the Pacific NW (Everett area). I have a 2004 Toyota Tacoma that I've spent the past 4+ years building into my expedition rig. I love my dog Titus, the outdoors, road trips, camping, hiking, climbing, biking, photography, and hammocks. I'm currently gearing up for a 10-day trip down to Yosemite, Mono Lake, Tahoe, Crater Lake, and Bend. It's gonna be rad.

Follow along, if you'd like (and check out my photography / previous trip write-ups): http://nwxpdtn.com

Crispy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

Hi all,
New member here from the Pacific NW (Everett area). I have a 2004 Toyota Tacoma that I've spent the past 4+ years building into my expedition rig. I love my dog Titus, the outdoors, road trips, camping, hiking, climbing, biking, photography, and hammocks. I'm currently gearing up for a 10-day trip down to Yosemite, Mono Lake, Tahoe, Crater Lake, and Bend. It's gonna be rad.

Follow along, if you'd like (and check out my photography / previous trip write-ups): http://nwxpdtn.com
Sounds like a awesome adventure!