First Name
Derek
Last Name
Hunt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB1IRO
Howdy folks!

Rig/Picture: 2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4x, with some basic outfitting (picture is a shot on the shelf of the Badlands with my son in mid blink)
Overlanding Experience: Novice, but have done a lot camping (a couple cross country trips with some off road experience). Day trips and some overnighting, but the rig is new.

So this last year, I had an epiphany about adventure and pushing myself. I sold my tuned Audi on a whim, built a basic overlanding rig and drove across the country (Connecticut to Washington and back) with my son. Very boring technical job at a University in the area and far too many hours hunched over code and storing weight for a future WALL-E play. I bought the truck to have these great experiential adventures that I had growing up and to share those with my family.

Looking forward to meeting folks in the area, learning and exploring.

20180905_184934.jpg

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hello from Salem, MA! Looking for easy trails to learn on anywhere in New England. Also, meetups and group rides and events and things. New to everything, but very excited about it all. Cheers.

2019 4Runner TRD Pro (which I'd post a photo of, but it's currently at Mainline Overland in NH, getting several mods :)
Welcome to OB and the East Region! Spring is coming and events/meetups will start filling the calendar. If you have any questions just ask. Can't wait to see what Mainline does to your Tacoma!

JourneyMan

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Salem, OR, USA
Member #

Hello from Virginia! I've been overland bound, albeit intermittently, for almost 40 years now, so I was practically giddy when I found this site today! My parents got me hooked on road trips almost a half century ago thanks to our living on the East Coast (USA) with most of our family in Southern California. Back then I'd look at the trails and tracks leading up and away from the highway and I'd dream of returning one day to explore them. In my 20s I bought a Jeep and started doing just that. I'm now on my 5th "Adventure Vehicle" and have a checklist of "overlandy" enhancements I'd like to make as time and finances permit! It's so cool to have stumbled upon a group of like-minded folks!
View attachment 80494
"overlandy enhancements", I really like that! I'm gonna use that because I am jsut starting my own overlandy enhancement lists for my rig. I just recently found this site too, and have already learned loads!

Reactions: Pith Dude

JourneyMan

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Salem, OR, USA
Member #

Howdy folks!

Rig/Picture: 2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4x, with some basic outfitting (picture is a shot on the shelf of the Badlands with my son in mid blink)
Overlanding Experience: Novice, but have done a lot camping (a couple cross country trips with some off road experience). Day trips and some overnighting, but the rig is new.

So this last year, I had an epiphany about adventure and pushing myself. I sold my tuned Audi on a whim, built a basic overlanding rig and drove across the country (Connecticut to Washington and back) with my son. Very boring technical job at a University in the area and far too many hours hunched over code and storing weight for a future WALL-E play. I bought the truck to have these great experiential adventures that I had growing up and to share those with my family.

View attachment 80646
Looking foward to hearing about your East Coast overlanding adventures!

Reactions: derekjhunt

JourneyMan

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Salem, OR, USA
Member #

Happy New Years Overland Bound Community!

Orange, Southern California

17 Toyota 4runner

Novice Overlanding experience and looking to learn daily from Overland Bound.

Photo: I have a penchant for adventures in the California Deserts and looking to explore more trails with fellow OB members all over USA.

Bucket list: Overland to all inner 48 states. Looking forward to connect with local OB meetups!

Favorite food: Ice Cream

Many thanks in advance to Michael and the OB staff!

- Vic

View attachment 80589
Looking forward to hearing about your overlanding adventures and rig mods.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

17 Toyota 4runner

Photo: I have a penchant for adventures in the California Deserts and looking to explore more trails with fellow OB members all over USA.

Bucket list: Overland to all inner 48 states. Looking forward to connect with local OB meetups!

- Vic

View attachment 80589
Welcome to Overland B0und!

There is a meet-up in Orange County that you might be interested in. Check out the meet-up page on the forum or on the OLB West FB page for details.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-orange-county-overland-bound-monthly-meet-up-06-02-2018.13515/

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My names mikel sanchez, i drive a 98 f150 4x4 Xlt. I'm new to overlanding but ive spent most of my time outdoors
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
hello all, I am Jason. i currently drive a 2012 Ford Raptor. And as for experience, i spend a lot of time up in the hills hunting and fishing, id say i am an avid outdoorsman. but as for overland its relatively new to me, i haven't done a trip specifically for overland. My trips are mostly day trips but i am hoping to change all that soon.
Welcome to Overland Bound! As @Jedi said I have been working on a Southern OR meet-up and it will be in the Grants Pass area in May. The other meet-up though not close is Salem.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy folks!

View attachment 80646
Welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: derekjhunt

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

17 Toyota 4runner

- Vic

View attachment 80589
Welcome!

Be sure to check in on the 4Runner Owners Registry. [emoji12]

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Hello all!
My name is Nathan and I live in Southeastern Virginia. I currently have a 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 and a 1990 Wrangler YJ, but the Sierra will be the one I use more. Always been an outdoor person and look forward to building my truck for more serious terrain. View attachment 77923
Roof rack....please give details.

Size dims
How many rack to roof feet attachments
How it attaches.....screw...bolt...rivit?
Brand
Price
Etc.......

How do you like it's quality....paint/powder coating

Accessory gear and brackets

Would you do anything different, if starting over? I have a extra cab, so I have a little less room to work with.

PS. Can you remove and replace it with reasonable help, in case it became necessary?

DignTRDoffRoad

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Alabama
Member #

View attachment 77894 Member #15325
Hey Everyone, Iam new to this style of travel. But not new to travel overall. Originally from Florida, lived in Europe and been to all 50 states and all Canadian provinces, Mexico, and the Caribbean. Now in the Great-lakes area. I do travel around a bit fishing. But turning my focus on seeing more of the out of the way places here in the US. Me and the wife are those two nuts. That think jumping in the truck and driving for a day just to see something we’ve never seen or experienced before for a couple of hours is perfectly normal. So we’ve been camping hikers style for sometime. And realizing we can cover more ground. And see more by vehicle. So for now this 2017 Frontier is going to go through a transformation. Wish me luck. And ideas are more than appreciated.
Welcome [emoji106]

A-Aron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Enoch, UT, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Tiede
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LIJ
Been a long time adventurer and explorer. My rigs have included '86 Dodge Caravan, '94 Isuzu Rodeo, '05 Tacoma TRD, '07 Tundra, 07 F-150 (Still use for work), Recently purchased a '05 Sequoia as a dedicated overland vehicle, her name is Wanda.. Big rig as I overland with a custom home-built trailer and 3 kids and wife. Excited to be part of Overland Bound!

Attachments

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello All.
I'm out of SE New Mexico. 1991 FJ80 completely stock for now.
Hoping to learn a lot.
Welcome to Overland Bound, you will learn a lot in this community.

Make sure you check the forums for your local Overland groups and meet ups.

D&Js X

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Bought my 2014 Xterra used back in 2016 and the first week we were scratching her up in Uwharrie National Forrest. Since then we have taken her all over and upgraded a few things. Custom bumper, 33" Duratracs, armored the bottom, rock sliders, ARB rear locker, 10lb winch up front, and suspension upgrades. Have a RTT but haven't used it yet.

Hope to see you all out there having fun.