flowe_runner

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Chamblee, GA, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK4EPL
Hey guys! Glad to be a new member here! The name is Fortune, I live in Chamblee Georgia and I drive a 2019 Toyota Tacoma! Just stepped out of my modified 1988 4runner and prior to that I drove a 1992 TLC 80 series. I’m always modifying and tinkering with older vehicles but finally broke down and decided to get something newer! I would say I’m an Amateur overlander looking to continue learning all I can! Look forward to getting to know everyone here!
E92D17EC-85C4-4E1E-8611-3B2C4A8084E8.jpeg
8A2266FE-1C3F-4E9E-89E3-CF7573AF1568.jpeg

Advencher

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Salem, MA, USA
Member #

Hello from Salem, MA! Looking for easy trails to learn on anywhere in New England. Also, meetups and group rides and events and things. New to everything, but very excited about it all. Cheers.

2019 4Runner TRD Pro (which I'd post a photo of, but it's currently at Mainline Overland in NH, getting several mods :)

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all,
I'm new to the site and have moderate experience overlanding/wheeling. I have my rig "Squirrel" to a reasonably functional level for my requirements and am always at tweaking its usefulness. My next stage of the build will focus on capability (moving past OEM)

I'm looking forward to being an active member is the community.

2017 Ram Rebel "Squirrel"
Tow 9k/offroad/wife chase and support vehicle
Moderate experience
Mid Tennessee
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or assistant ambassador can help.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey guys! Glad to be a new member here! The name is Fortune, I live in Chamblee Georgia and I drive a 2019 Toyota Tacoma! Just stepped out of my modified 1988 4runner and prior to that I drove a 1992 TLC 80 series. I’m always modifying and tinkering with older vehicles but finally broke down and decided to get something newer! I would say I’m an Amateur overlander looking to continue learning all I can! Look forward to getting to know everyone here!
View attachment 80395
View attachment 80394

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or assistant ambassador can help.

Reactions: flowe_runner

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from Salem, MA! Looking for easy trails to learn on anywhere in New England. Also, meetups and group rides and events and things. New to everything, but very excited about it all. Cheers.

2019 4Runner TRD Pro (which I'd post a photo of, but it's currently at Mainline Overland in NH, getting several mods :)

I am sure your East Representatives will be in touch. @Hank Outdoors @Wawa Skittletits They are very active and can steer you in the right direction.

Reactions: Wawa Skittletits

OVERinAO

Rank III

Contributor III

Angelus Oaks, CA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Myers
Member #

5D8D1DD8-3E3A-415A-AFE2-037C2CF79477.jpeg EA0A3117-1BD3-4952-8FDF-4AA7C0E5CA0F.jpeg
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hi there. I’m new to the forum but I’ve been camping in the outdoors for decades. I live in Angelus Oaks. It’s a small town on highway 38, back way to Big Bear. I’ve always been a Toyota guy. My current project is a 96 LX450. I also have a 14 Tundra. Looking forward to meeting local folk who share the passion of the great outdoors.

thinkinjose

Rank 0

Contributor I

Winchester, CA, USA
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Maldonado
Hey guys the name is Jose I'm from San Diego CA but looking to relocate to Murrieta CA I'm married with 2 kids I'm looking to get into camping and creating awsome memories with my family I look forward to meeting you guys out there sometime

Location now San Diego, CA
Future: Murrieta, CA

Rig: 1998 Subaru forester
DIY 2in lift, 225/60/15 grabbers, DIY tube bumper, DIY skid plate

Experience: beginner

thinkinjose

Rank 0

Contributor I

Winchester, CA, USA
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Maldonado
Hey guys the name is Jose I'm from San Diego CA but looking to relocate to Murrieta CA I'm married with 2 kids I'm looking to get into camping and creating awsome memories with my family I look forward to meeting you guys out there sometime

My Subaru forester 20181227_192923.jpeg20181216_084753.jpeg

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran

Welcome to Overland Bound and to the East region! As @Kent R said keep an eye on the calendar for upcoming events and also feel free to join the Overland Bound East Facebook group. The OB East Ambassador is a real Masshole and may be able to help you on the trails front haha. What do you say @Chris Jones?

New guy from NY. Hey everyone. My name is Martin. I live in Edinburgh on the Great Sacandaga Lake. Love to hunt and fish, waterfowl being my passion. Love to camp and do anything outdoor related. Just purchased a 2018 ford F-150. Looking to get her dirty. Looking forward to the forum and the wealth of knowledge.View attachment 80413View attachment 80414
Welcome and welcome to the East region as well! If you're looking for knowledge you've come to the right place. If you don't see what you're looking for please don't hesitate to ask. The forums are full of knowledgeable people willing to help. As I said above keep an eye on the calendar for upcoming events and consider joining the Facebook group. Look forward to meeting you out there someday.

View attachment 80421 View attachment 80422
Hi there. I’m new to the forum but I’ve been camping in the outdoors for decades. I live in Angelus Oaks. It’s a small town on highway 38, back way to Big Bear. I’ve always been a Toyota guy. My current project is a 96 LX450. I also have a 14 Tundra. Looking forward to meeting local folk who share the passion of the great outdoors.
Welcome! No shortage of people who share your passion for Toyotas and the outdoors here. We're glad you're here and I look forward to seeing your adventures.

Welcome to Overland Bound! Always love seeing new Subaru driving members. Feel free to check out and introduce yourself in the 'Subaru Registry'. The link is in my sig and I look forward to seeing more of your Fozzy.

Reactions: thinkinjose

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New guy from NY. Hey everyone. My name is Martin. I live in Edinburgh on the Great Sacandaga Lake. Love to hunt and fish, waterfowl being my passion. Love to camp and do anything outdoor related. Just purchased a 2018 ford F-150. Looking to get her dirty. Looking forward to the forum and the wealth of knowledge.View attachment 80413View attachment 80414
Welcome to Overland Bound

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 80421 View attachment 80422

There is a meet-up in your area that meets monthly, check them out on the forum if your interested great group of people. https:/www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-inland-empire-meet-up-06-16-2018.10015/

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

There are several meet-ups and trips in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.

Reactions: thinkinjose

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound and to the East region! As @Kent R said keep an eye on the calendar for upcoming events and also feel free to join the Overland Bound East Facebook group. The OB East Ambassador is a real Masshole and may be able to help you on the trails front haha. What do you say @Chris Jones?
Go to hell, Wawa.... lol

@Advencher There's not a lot in Mass, but NH and VT have loads of opportunities to get off pavement and work on your trail skills. And are a short drive away.

Advencher

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Salem, MA, USA
Member #

Go to hell, Wawa.... lol

@Advencher There's not a lot in Mass, but NH and VT have loads of opportunities to get off pavement and work on your trail skills. And are a short drive away.
@Chris Jones Thanks! That makes good sense. I grew up in Vermont, so always a good excuse to get back there :) I'm seeing lots of mentions of the Puppy Dog route? Any suggestions would be awesome.

Reactions: Wawa Skittletits

loon

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey everyone! Loon here, and I'm from Minnesota. No picture of my rig yet as I'm still trying to figure out what to buy. I started thinking I wanted a jeep wrangler, but then decided a pickup is more suitable for my needs and was looking into the Tacoma. Those darn Tacos are so dang expensive though, so now I'm looking into 4x4 ranger which looks like it can be had for 1/3 the price. Not 100% sure what I'll end up with, but I am excited to be a part of this group and learn.

ROLO81

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

PASO ROBLES, CA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Solis
Member #

The will be a meet-up in SLO in February, a Rally Point will be posted and you should get an invite by forum message.
Hello Kent,

I’ve seen many invites come in for a rally point, but i am unable to see or access them as of yet. I won’t be able to see them till I pay for a membership is that right?

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! Loon here, and I'm from Minnesota. No picture of my rig yet as I'm still trying to figure out what to buy. I started thinking I wanted a jeep wrangler, but then decided a pickup is more suitable for my needs and was looking into the Tacoma. Those darn Tacos are so dang expensive though, so now I'm looking into 4x4 ranger which looks like it can be had for 1/3 the price. Not 100% sure what I'll end up with, but I am excited to be a part of this group and learn.
Selecting a rig that fits your needs is a tough one, lots of info on the forum and lots of opinions.