Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone, I'm Athena and my husband and I recently got a Tacoma we're dressing up. We are actually transitioning out of the military and relocating completely. Since we won't have a chance to have our trip paid for like this again we're planning to take 30 days and go from the East Coast to the West. We'll be using paved roads for much of the traveling but we want to get off road too and will be living out of our rooftop tent. We both are avid outdoors people but we are new to taking the truck along and are trying to prep for everything as best we can and hopefully continue with this as a hobby after the transition. Seattle WA is our final destination in April 2019. Nice to meet you all.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

There are several meet-ups and trips in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.
Have a great trip across the country, Seattle is a great place to settle.
If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Reactions: Athena Anderson

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello we're from Fife Lake, Mi
Been in to wheeling/exploring since birth (grew up in a wheeling family)
Just starting to get into more Overland multi night runs.

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or assistant ambassador can help.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings from Alabama! Picked up an Lr4 a few months ago. Want to get into trail riding and overlanding. Hoping to learn a lot on this forum!
View attachment 79789
From my trip to Colorado.

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
Great picture.
If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or assistant ambassador can help.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all. I live and work in Hanford California, located in the Central Valley. I’m always ready to help. I grew up in Gilmer, TX, home of the Barnwell Mountain Off-Road Park. Im currently on my second 80 series Land Cruiser. After beating the crap out of my old one, I decided to get one in good shape and take care of it. If you’re ever in the area and need help. Look me up.

View attachment 79790

There is a meet-up just getting going in the Fresno/Clovis area, keep an eye out for a forum message in the near future.

Reactions: Razorback

SomeGuyNamedPaul

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Little Rock, AR, USA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Hurn
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF5DFZ
Hello! Last year we bought an '06 Honda Pilot to replace my wife’s daily driver. I forsee lots of camping trips and adventures with this neat little SUV. Whenever she lets me mod “her car” I make an overlanding mod. Among other mods, a Honda tech friend of mine found a couple lift kits on ebay. (The construction seems very solid. very comparable to the OEM hardware and NAPA parts.) After the lift, we added a set of Hankook Dynaro AT-M Tires on the stock wheels. P265/70R16. they fit great without any rubbing. There's still a half inch from the front strut. 30" tires and plenty of ground clearance on a small SUV. It's great!

We live in Little Rock, Arkansas so I guess we’ll be getting a southeast sticker to the pilot. ;)

I’ve got 2 cute little kids who will join us on our adventures as soon as they’re ready. (The new one is only a few months old.)

I’ve had only a few true overlanding excursions and lots of camping, hiking, outdoor stuff. (This is Arkansas, after all.)

I’m looking forward to joining in with overland bound.

TXRoamer

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

DFW
Hey! I’m Ross from Fort Worth TX. Drive a 2011 Ram 2500 with too much spent on it. Travel all throughout the US but spend a lot of time in TX, AR, and MO. Rather experienced when it comes to overlanding and starting to get more into serious off-roading when time permits. 10801461648_IMG_0697.jpg

muddymaki

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello everyone new here and new to the overland thing but avid off-road enthusiasts. I spent years planning my jeep build and collecting parts now I’m just getting moving on it. My goal was always steet driveable and very capable and rugged reliability. However thats not what brought me to this forum. I inherited an old boat trailer that had been converted into a small cargo trailer. My plan from the get go was a small overland style trailer. So while my Jeep is in build stage, I’m still in research and design stage for the trailer. In the last hour on this forum I’ve already collected a number of valuable ideas and products. I’m very happy I joined this group.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello! Last year we bought an '06 Honda Pilot to replace my wife’s daily driver. I forsee lots of camping trips and adventures with this neat little SUV. Whenever she lets me mod “her car” I make an overlanding mod. Among other mods, a Honda tech friend of mine found a couple lift kits on ebay. (The construction seems very solid. very comparable to the OEM hardware and NAPA parts.) After the lift, we added a set of Hankook Dynaro AT-M Tires on the stock wheels. P265/70R16. they fit great without any rubbing. There's still a half inch from the front strut. 30" tires and plenty of ground clearance on a small SUV. It's great!

We live in Little Rock, Arkansas so I guess we’ll be getting a southeast sticker to the pilot. ;)

I’ve got 2 cute little kids who will join us on our adventures as soon as they’re ready. (The new one is only a few months old.)

I’ve had only a few true overlanding excursions and lots of camping, hiking, outdoor stuff. (This is Arkansas, after all.)

I’m looking forward to joining in with overland bound.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey! I’m Ross from Fort Worth TX. Drive a 2011 Ram 2500 with too much spent on it. Travel all throughout the US but spend a lot of time in TX, AR, and MO. Rather experienced when it comes to overlanding and starting to get more into serious off-roading when time permits. View attachment 79819

The DFW area has a Meet-Up that meets monthly, if your interested check out the meet-up page on the forum for details. https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-dallas-fort-worth-dfw-meet-up.18113/page-5#post-265965

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone new here and new to the overland thing but avid off-road enthusiasts. I spent years planning my jeep build and collecting parts now I’m just getting moving on it. My goal was always steet driveable and very capable and rugged reliability. However thats not what brought me to this forum. I inherited an old boat trailer that had been converted into a small cargo trailer. My plan from the get go was a small overland style trailer. So while my Jeep is in build stage, I’m still in research and design stage for the trailer. In the last hour on this forum I’ve already collected a number of valuable ideas and products. I’m very happy I joined this group.

The DFW area has a Meet-Up that meets monthly, if your interested check out the meet-up page on the forum for details. https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-dallas-fort-worth-dfw-meet-up.18113/page-5#post-265965

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone! I'm Drew. I drive a 1991 Jeep Comanche. I've been wheeling for a few years and I'm getting more into overlanding and expedition-style camping trips. I'm from Orange County, CA, so I'm usually out in the desert or up in the Eastern Sierra's.

Welcome to Overland B0und!

There is a meet-up in Orange County that you might be interested in. Check out the meet-up page on the forum or on the OLB West FB page for details.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-orange-county-overland-bound-monthly-meet-up-06-02-2018.13515/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all!

Mike from Boulder County, Colorado here.
We have a 2018 4Runner TRD.
I have done some day trip off-roading in rental jeeps, but no multi-day overlanding.

Glad to be here.

brb81

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Evergreen, CO, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Bray
Member #

20180803_200333.jpg Hi everyone!

My name is Ben and I live in Evergreen, CO
Rig is a very heavily modified 2015 JKUR
I'd consider myself to be an intermediate off-roader/overlander.

Became a member tonight and hope to see you all out there!

Merry Christmas!

P.S. - the top was not planned to be "Bronco themed".....I saved a ton of money by finding a needle in a haystack and bought the top used locally. It will be painted in the spring when I can stomach rolling around topless for a week or so :)

Twinbulls

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Dallas Texas
Member #

Hello from McKinney Texas
Love the forum and all the info
And all the great ideas ..
Been camping , hiking, exploring for years and years .
Running a 2015 Toyota 4Runner
Several mods adding more weekly as this hobby becomes an addiction.
IMG_1615.jpg

Last edited:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 79910 Hi everyone!

My name is Ben and I live in Evergreen, CO
Rig is a very heavily modified 2015 JKUR
I'd consider myself to be an intermediate off-roader/overlander.

Became a member tonight and hope to see you all out there!

Merry Christmas!

P.S. - the top was not planned to be "Bronco themed".....I saved a ton of money by finding a needle in a haystack and bought the top used locally. It will be painted in the spring when I can stomach rolling around topless for a week or so :)