• HTML tutorial

RivetingExploration

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Little Falls, NJ, USA
Member #

hello Everyone,

Brian Here i've definitely caught the overlanding bug.

rig: 99 jeep cherokee limited (for now.. shopping for a new rig)
experience: pro camper and festival goer, new to overlanding but ready to dive in

looking forward to getting out there with the family and meeting some great people.

Brian (Rivit)

Spaceburger

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Modesto
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6RUF
Hi, new to Overland Bound and excited to see what it is about. Experienced four wheeler, built a few rigs. Do not like breaking things on the trail. Stairs at Slick Rock damage. Looking forward to doing some camping. We like exploring the Sierras.

Attachments

FZJ80PA

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

PA, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Cee
Member #

Hey all! New member to the forums and badge number 16005!

Working on getting my 02 T4R trail ready for spring. Lift is arriving today. I’m happy to be part of this group and proud to be a member. What Michael has going is great and I hope to be able to bring some quality content from Central Pennsylvania.

Attachments

cephnjas

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Stuart’s draft, VA
Member #

Hi - new here as well. Live in Staunton VA and work full time for the National Guard in a BDE HQ. I consider myself a Jeep girl (my project rig is a 1999 Cherokee) but upon the death of my minivan I purchase a 18 4Runner TRD so I’ve got that now too....and I’m looking forward to getting to know a little more about overlanding and getting to do some with my family. My kids (3 and 5) LOVE off-roading.

Attachments

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
New Member - Discovered this "Overland" craze and to be honest I'm incredibly annoyed I didn't sort it out sooner! Too much money into massive rigs and RVs then building off road rigs on the side... should have just merged it all into one from the beginning. Nice to be here - 1 ton diesel, 5th wheel, and rock crawling Jeep Rubicon have been downsized to a Chevy Colorado ZR2 and whatever Overlanding stuff happens next.

Happy Adventuring!

- Mark
Welcome to Overland Bound, don’t feel bad I did the same thing, but we are here now!

Check the forms for you local Overland groups and meet-ups!

Corey B

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Southeast Wisconsin
Member #

View attachment 79581 View attachment 79582 View attachment 79581 View attachment 79582 View attachment 79582 Hello everyone.
I am a newbie kinda. I have always liked taking the road less traveled and exploring new places,but I just recently learned that what I have been doing has a name "overlanding".
Vehicle: 2016 GMC Canyon Diesel.
2in. Leveling kit
Lightforce 240 HID lights
Rough Country bull bar
Dick Cepek Fun Country tires.
You should think about getting some bigger lights...

MrMister

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello all,

I am a computer science teacher from Las Vegas. I grew up in the midwest and found a love for the outdoors but injuries and the tolls of life have put me in a position where I can no longer do the backpacking and camping I grew up on. I have found overlanding and fly fishing to be the answer to my need for the outdoors. I have recently bought a 2007 Xterra 2wd 6spd manual on a limited budget. I'm hoping that with a good set of tires and a rear locker I can get to the places that I've been wanting to explore.

Attachments

BumNBaja

Rank 0

Traveler I

Minnesota, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Ball
Greetings everyone! New to the group and currently reside in Minnesota. Grew up in the Mid West and have lived in several locations, with MN being the longest going on 12 years! Current set up is 2000 Jeep TJ with a Smittybilt RTT mounted on an Explorer Space trailer. I have been exploring for many years and love the solitude and views that is provided with overlanding. Glad to be here and look forward to sharing and reading other's adventures, as well as tips and tricks. I'll post some pics later, later ya'll!!

mayor_jimby

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hello, my name is James. I live in Salt Lake City Utah. I grew up taking summer trips to Ouray and Telluride and renting jeeps to take up Yankee Boy and Imogene. This year I finally bought my own truck to take off-roading.

-my rig: 2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2 crew cab diesel, bone stock (for now...)

Up until October this year my wife and I both drove Subarus but her Impreza typically sat in the driveway while my Impreza hatchback was putting up serious miles and the interior was taking a beating with all the lumber I was hauling around for projects at the house. We decided it was time to buy a truck. We plan on doing monthly road trips down to Moab and then get out to Telluride a couple times a year.

farmington.jpg

Najman

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Laval,Quebec,Canada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE2VLZ
Hello, my name is James. I live in Salt Lake City Utah. I grew up taking summer trips to Ouray and Telluride and renting jeeps to take up Yankee Boy and Imogene. This year I finally bought my own truck to take off-roading.

Up until October this year my wife and I both drove Subarus but her Impreza typically sat in the driveway while my Impreza hatchback was putting up serious miles and the interior was taking a beating with all the lumber I was hauling around for projects at the house. We decided it was time to buy a truck. We plan on doing monthly road trips down to Moab and then get out to Telluride a couple times a year.

View attachment 79654
Welcome to OB Nice truck .

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hello everyone, I'm happy to here. I live in Index, WA as a Firefighter. I have a 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road DCSB.
Hi @slate115 and welcome to Overland Bound. First, let me say thank you for serving your community as a Firefighter. With that out of the way, I would like to encourage you to head on over to the NorthWest Region section [link]. It's a great place to find out about meetups and to get to know your “neighbors”. Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well. There are a couple of events coming up that might be of interest to you. Next Saturday, December 22nd, is the Western Washington Meet and Greet in Tacoma, WA [link]. Then on Saturday, January 19th is the Northwest Washington Overland Bound Meet and Plan at Fort Casey, Coupeville, Washington [link].

I hope you can make it out to these or other events and I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Hi - new here as well. Live in Staunton VA and work full time for the National Guard in a BDE HQ. I consider myself a Jeep girl (my project rig is a 1999 Cherokee) but upon the death of my minivan I purchase a 18 4Runner TRD so I’ve got that now too....and I’m looking forward to getting to know a little more about overlanding and getting to do some with my family. My kids (3 and 5) LOVE off-roading.
Hello and welcome! I know I don't need to tell you but you live in the middle of some beautiful country. I love getting down there any opportunity I get.

I should also say welcome to the East region. Be sure to keep an eye on the calendar for upcoming events and please feel free to join the Overland Bound East Facebook group as as always don't hesitate to ask any questions!

Hello all,

I am a computer science teacher from Las Vegas. I grew up in the midwest and found a love for the outdoors but injuries and the tolls of life have put me in a position where I can no longer do the backpacking and camping I grew up on. I have found overlanding and fly fishing to be the answer to my need for the outdoors. I have recently bought a 2007 Xterra 2wd 6spd manual on a limited budget. I'm hoping that with a good set of tires and a rear locker I can get to the places that I've been wanting to explore.
Welcome to Overland Bound! I'm glad to hear that you've found an outlet for your outdoor desires and that you've found us here. First time I was in Vegas I was blown away by the amount of trails and the mountains so you definitely have some great opportunities close to home.

Greetings everyone! New to the group and currently reside in Minnesota. Grew up in the Mid West and have lived in several locations, with MN being the longest going on 12 years! Current set up is 2000 Jeep TJ with a Smittybilt RTT mounted on an Explorer Space trailer. I have been exploring for many years and love the solitude and views that is provided with overlanding. Glad to be here and look forward to sharing and reading other's adventures, as well as tips and tricks. I'll post some pics later, later ya'll!!
Welcome! Looking forward to reading about your Jeep and your adventures. This is a great community and we're glad you're here.

Hey everyone, new to Overland Bound, but been doing some form of overlanding for a few years now. Based out of Lubbock Texas and am slowly building up a 2011 Jeep Wrangler to meet my needs as I discover them. Glad to be here.
Welcome to Overland Bound! We're glad you're here as well! Vehicle builds really take on a mind of their own sometimes but there's a large knowledge base here and more than enough people willing to help if you ever have any questions.

Hi, I live in Sonoma County, I have zero overlanding experience but have been backpacking and camping. My rig is a currently stock f250. So I have a clean slate for the build. I am primarily an angler and am excited to get into overlanding as well.
Welcome! As I said previously this is a great community full of people willing to help other like minded people get out there and enjoy nature. Look forward to seeing your full size build and please don't hesitate to ask questions.

Welcome to Overland Bound and congrats on your new(ish) truck! Looking forward to reading about these road trips and about how much you miss your Subaru haha!

Hello everyone, I'm happy to here. I live in Index, WA as a Firefighter. I have a 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road DCSB.
Welcome! Not to sound like a broken record but we're glad you've joined our community!

Reactions: SC.250

ThatOneDude

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Minot, ND
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Hudson
Howdy!

My name is Cody, I currently live in Marysville, CA but will be moving to Minot ND next year. I drive(and am building) a 1996 Jeep Cherokee SE. I have no overlanding experience, but I am interested in getting started, especially seeing as I am moving to Minot.

American Off-Road Club

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Berkshire, NY, USA
First Name
Dalton
Last Name
Kemak
Member #

Dalton here. Stumbled across this site looking for trails. Would love to get into overlanding longer distances, however I'm limited to travel distance and I'm in central NY roughly 20 mins from PA. I've been in the off road scene for quite a few years now and have spent the last 3 or so building my 92 XJ into the one-off rig that it is today. Anyone else in my area?