Bean

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Weatherford Tx
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
ke5et
Well I just got the news from the shop, that my ride will be ready this week. I talked with my boss and since I can't carry any vacation time over, I've got a week or so burn in January. I've been thinking of making some sort of adventure visiting forts here in Texas, and maybe combine with some amateur radio activation. Anyone else interested?

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Kyle_jeep_adventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

10366 Bennett Road, Erie, PA, USA
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Forbes
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hello my name is Kyle Forbes. I'm 17 years old. In Erie PA.
I'm an owner of 3 Jeeps.
05 WJ Parents bought.
98 TJ $200 craigslist.
64 CJ $950 at auction just last week.

Cody mercer

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hampton va
Member #

Hi everybody,
My name is Sienna, I'm a newbie who got interested in Overlanding.
1)Norfolk,Virginia
2)Toyota Land Cruiser
Hey! I'm in Hampton and pretty much a newbie too. Need some friends in the area to find some good trails. Let me know if you find anything good!

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
I had my own stickers made so that I can hand them out to people i meet on adventures or at meetups. We were at Coco's Corner a few weeks ago and of course I had to slap one of 'em on Coco's old truck:

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello my name is Kyle Forbes. I'm 17 years old. In Erie PA.
I'm an owner of 3 Jeeps.
05 WJ Parents bought.
98 TJ $200 craigslist.
64 CJ $950 at auction just last week.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or assistant ambassador can help.

justinbretclark

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Danville, CA, USA
Member #

Hi there Overland Bound Members,

I'm Justin Clark, my wife Annamarie and I have spent just about every weekend of the last two years hiking the great state of California (mostly Ca). I'm 30 years old and thought I was into sports cars for the last 15 years of my life... boy was I wrong haha. I've been a bit of a small collector having a '16 Ford GT350R, Boss 302, Nissan R32 Skyline GT-R, '72 BMW 2002 race car ($100k build), '83 6 series bmw etc etc etc. Well, I've sold most of my sports cars as I've found the world of Overlanding to fit our lifestyle much better than the world of sporting cars. I was lucky enough to find this forum recently and have just purchased a membership. Hope to meet you all out on the trails!

We currently are building our 2017 Range Rover HSE to meet the standard necessary for Overlanding. Based in Danville, Ca. I consider myself to be a newbie to Overlanding and any advice is certainly welcome!

Boepeep

Rank 0

Contributor I

What's up everyone

In the process of building a new a rig. Haven't really done any over landing beyond just throwing a tent, grill, kayaks, cooler and fishing gear in the box of my 2014 half ton and jumping from lake to lake. The 14 is my daily as well. Has a 5 inch rcx and 35s on OEM 20s
Screenshot_20181217-183116_Instagram.jpeg

The build: started with a 2002 duramax chassis from the truck that I wrecked then i purschased a 67 c10 to put on the chassis. I shortened the chassis 26 inches and chopped the ifs off the front and installed a dana 60 using a wfo 3 inch sas kit. Still in the process of restoring the 67. Plan is to find a cheap pop up camper to toss in the back and take it wheeling with kayaks strapped to the top. Truck will he making about 500 whp and run 33s for daily duty and 35s on some cheap steal wheels for wheeling.

Before the sas just sitting on wood blocks on the chassis
IMG_20181218_012316_229.jpeg
Installing sas
20181121_154705.jpeg
As it sits now: engine, trans, tcase back in, frame painted, axle and radius arms painted, redrilled hubs for 8x6.5 bolt pattern.
IMG_20181212_222922_961.jpeg

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Greetings from Alaska! I have a 2013 tacoma and I am waiting on my newly purchased FWC fleet shell. This seems like a great resource and I am looking forward to being part of the community.
Welcome to Overland Bound and the Northwest Region @makalutoo. There are a number of members up in the Anchorage area, so I recommend heading over to the NorthWest Region forum [link] so that you can make contact with other members in the region. That is a great place to find out what is coming up and also to share your experience. You can also take a look at the Rally Point system [link] to find what events are currently organized.

Unfortunately, the furthest North I have made it so far is Ketchikan. I am working on a plan to travel all the way up to Anchorage in a couple of years, so I look forward seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Alaska18

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

20181130_111044.jpg 20180920_141703.jpg 20181130_111044.jpg 20180920_141703.jpg 20180920_141703.jpg Hello everyone.
I am a newbie kinda. I have always liked taking the road less traveled and exploring new places,but I just recently learned that what I have been doing has a name "overlanding".
Vehicle: 2016 GMC Canyon Diesel.
2in. Leveling kit
Lightforce 240 HID lights
Rough Country bull bar
Dick Cepek Fun Country tires.

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hi, my name is Brad. I live in La Grande, Oregon. I own a stock 2001 Toyota 4runner SR5. I plan to upgrade a few things. I am a novice to the overland thing. I have been an Army medic for the past 19 years. Looking forward to exploring eastern Oregon some more.
Hello @Medic16, welcome to Overland Bound. First, thank you for your service! Eastern Oregon is an amazing place to explore, so you have lots out there to do. Currently there isn't too much activity in your area, but that just means you need to do some recruiting :tonguewink:. I recommend heading over to the NorthWest Region forum [link] so that you can make contact with other members in the region. That is a great place to find out what is coming up and also to share your experience. You can also take a look at the Rally Point system [link] to find what events are currently organized.

I may be passing through your area in May of 2019 on my way to Northern Nevada. If I do, I will let you know and perhaps we could meet up. Either way, I look forward seeing you out in the wild some day! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

justinbretclark

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Danville, CA, USA
Member #

Hey there - out of curiosity what are you using the bungee cord over the lights for? Are they holding your lights at a specific angle?

Hello everyone.
I am a newbie kinda. I have always liked taking the road less traveled and exploring new places,but I just recently learned that what I have been doing has a name "overlanding".
Vehicle: 2016 GMC Canyon Diesel.
2in. Leveling kit
Lightforce 240 HID lights
Rough Country bull bar
Dick Cepek Fun Country tires.

BrandonH

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Good afternoon everyone!

I joined a few weeks back, but had a busy schedule leading up to December. Looking forward to checking out this massive community. I have 0 experience when it comes to offroading. I camped quite a bit when I was younger, but nothing more than your weekend family camping trip. Can't wait to get out there and explore! I plan on getting my 5 yr old son and soon to be born son into outdoor activities. Figured this was the perfect place to join. I live in NW Arkansas so if anyone is around my area and knows of some great beginner trails or locations let me know!

Cheers

MarkK

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Omaha, NE, USA
Member #

New Member - Discovered this "Overland" craze and to be honest I'm incredibly annoyed I didn't sort it out sooner! Too much money into massive rigs and RVs then building off road rigs on the side... should have just merged it all into one from the beginning. Nice to be here - 1 ton diesel, 5th wheel, and rock crawling Jeep Rubicon have been downsized to a Chevy Colorado ZR2 and whatever Overlanding stuff happens next.

Happy Adventuring!

- Mark