Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Morning Everyone,

I've been a member on OB for about a year but starting to get more involved. My fiance saw me reading through the site and learning, so she surprised me and bought the membership. i'm #15491

Name: John Ronquillo
Vehicle: 2002 Yukon XL

I've had a lot of experience out doors, grew up as a scout & have done a lot of dispersed primitive camping with friends, within the past few years i've been adding the overland aspect with my family, it's a great way to experience the out doors & see different things. It's also my excuse to get my daughter out in the world and see there's so much more than the area we live in.

Thanks guys, hope to get to know & meet up with some in the future.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Thorjh

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Hegra Trøndelag Norway
Member #

Hi
I'm Thor

Rig: 95" Land cruiser hdj80
Experience: Novice+.
Been offroading a bit with my last rig (Patrol y60) sold it and regretted it instantly so I bought my hdj80. Took a 6000km trip last year with my family and got a good feel for it.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all. Am a very new member who has always been interested in Overlanding. I grew up in Virginia but have been in Florida for many years. I bought a Toyota 4Runner 4x4 in early 2018 and its time to put it to use.

I’m just starting to research trips that I could do from Florida fairly easy & over a long weekend. I’m thinking the Georgia Traverse might be the place to start? ‍♀

Rig: Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
Experience: nada, zero, zip other than what I did with my dad over 20 years ago.

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

Reactions: Jfletchy7

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi
I'm Thor

Been offroading a bit with my last rig (Patrol y60) sold it and regretted it instantly so I bought my hdj80. Took a 6000km trip last year with my family and got a good feel for it.

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

jasgwoods

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Rocky Top, TN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Woods
Member #

Hello all! This is Mel and Johan with our pup Obie. We're based in the Dallas area, we have a 14 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon and we've done a few overland trips, no longer a novice but always looking for more experience.
We're looking to meet more Overlanders in the DFW area for long and short trips!View attachment 77135
Love the rig and the dog! Welcome!

Reactions: JKUR_Rhino

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi
I'm Thor

That is a beautiful rig, welcome to Overland Bound Thor! This is great community with wonderful people in it. Check the forums for local Overlanding groups and meet-ups in your area. If you have question feel free to reach out!

whiskey7backroads

Rank VI
Launch Member

Endurance II

Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
Hello All!

Dylan here reigning from the PNW. I have my family vehicle/DD/Mild off roading rig its a 2003 Chevy Suburban 2500.
Right now it just has Cognito UCA level kit, volant CAI, magna flow exhaust, and bilstein 5100s all around. Next on the list is a black bear tune.

I am definitely a novice when it comes to overlanding but now that my kids are getting older we plan to start on some easy trails.View attachment 76747View attachment 76751
Welcome from fellow PNW member. Located in Olympia Brent KJ7BHN

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi all! I’m new to the community and look forward to meeting new people. Currently living in Oceanside, CA and have a 2000 Jeep Wrangler that’s a work in progress.
Welcome to Overland Bound, glad to have you on board! Please check the forums for your local Overlanding groups and meet-ups. If you have any questions feel free to reach out.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all! This is Mel and Johan with our pup Obie. We're based in the Dallas area, we have a 14 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon and we've done a few overland trips, no longer a novice but always looking for more experience.
We're looking to meet more Overlanders in the DFW area for long and short trips!View attachment 77135

The DFW area has a Meet-Up that meets monthly, if your interested check out the meet-up page on the forum for details. https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-dallas-fort-worth-dfw-meet-up.18113/page-5#post-265965

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all! I’m new to the community and look forward to meeting new people. Currently living in Oceanside, CA and have a 2000 Jeep Wrangler that’s a work in progress.

There is a meet up in the San Diego and Orange County areas that you might want to check out.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-san-diego-overland-bound-monthly-meet-03-22-2018.13317/
This is San Diego Overland Bound Trail Run page.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/san-diego-overland-bound-trail-runs.17178/
Orange County.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-orange-county-overland-bound-monthly-meet-up-06-02-2018.13515/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Newbie here.

Jeep Wrangler Rubicon.
NJ based (don't hold it against me)
Would love for someone to show me the trans nj trail.
Currently building my rig and studying for my technician class exam

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

FN2199S

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2RGR

@Kent R
Thank you!

Todd32x

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

York County, Pennsylvania, United States
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Beckley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3THB
Service Branch
US Marine Corps

There is a meet up in the San Diego and Orange County areas that you might want to check out.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-san-diego-overland-bound-monthly-meet-03-22-2018.13317/
This is San Diego Overland Bound Trail Run page.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/san-diego-overland-bound-trail-runs.17178/
Orange County.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-orange-county-overland-bound-monthly-meet-up-06-02-2018.13515/
Thanks for info. I’ll definitely check it out.