Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

RockDisco

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Edmonton, Alberta
Member #

Hey, checking in from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada!
Just starting to get my current truck setup.
It's a 2013 F150 FX4. Not really your typical overland rig, but it works for me.
I have had a couple other vehicles, previous generation f150, and a FZJ80 on 35's too.

The Fx4 is just leveled with fox racing coilovers, and slightly larger Goodyear duratracs.

Built a rack for the tent to mount on.

Decked drawer system

I have the ARB fridge just in the backseat running off the stock power in the back. I am trying to decide if I want to run a dual battery or maybe a standalone Goalzero+ solar setup.

Went out south of cadomin , Alberta this past long weekend

And the old rigs
Nice setup. I just joined from Edmonton as well.

Reactions: Ncat

ethan1911

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Strafford Missouri
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Hand
Member #

Hello Everyone !
Really looking forward to being in the Overland community.
We have a 07 Sequoia we love!
Camping,hunting,motorcycling,exploring,Portland to Coast, (its the walking part of the Hood to Coast) every year!!
The Sacajawea takes us everywhere
Have more mods planned, but I will get much needed help and ideas here!View attachment 74572
Welcome from southwest Missouri, great looking rig the 1st gen sequoia is one of my favorite trucks Toyota ever made.

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Jose!
Rig: 2016 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk with modifications coming
Experience: beginner beside experience with camping and backpacking
Welcome! I have a friend who drives a Jeep Renegade Trailhawk, I was blown away at how capable that little thing was.

Hmbrewndaddy

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Weed Ca
Member #

Hi folks! New to Overlanding. My wife and I have a 2014 JKU that we just recently put a Tepui RTT on. We have done a couple of camping trips at regular parks to get used to the set up. We are planning a trip to Death Valley around the Christmas and New Years holidays with our 2 youngest boys. We love to get out on the roads less traveled.

james_c

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Massachusetts
First Name
James
Last Name
Clancy
Member #

Hey all!

I’m excited to get to learn from everyone and share my experiences and fun with all of you out on the trails.

I’m from New England and and pretty new to overlanding (I’m 20). My rig is TBD right now as my ‘04 KJ is being given to my younger brother but I’m in the market for a JK right now so that should be the ticket!

Patrick

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Sheldon Avenue, Mount Shasta, CA, USA
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Brunmeier
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.

Patrick

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Sheldon Avenue, Mount Shasta, CA, USA
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Brunmeier
Member #

New Members,

From @administrator
  • Humility.
Hi, I'm Patrick, from "State of Jefferson" region.
I currently drive a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Hard Rock edition).
All of my rigs have been red, for good luck.
20180904_180124.jpg For 30 years I have used my rigs for archaeological expeditions, fun, and as daily drivers.
Nice to be here!

ethan1911

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Strafford Missouri
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Hand
Member #

Reactions: Jeff Hamilton

jasgwoods

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Rocky Top, TN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Woods
Member #

Hey all!

I’m excited to get to learn from everyone and share my experiences and fun with all of you out on the trails.

I’m from New England and and pretty new to overlanding (I’m 20). My rig is TBD right now as my ‘04 KJ is being given to my younger brother but I’m in the market for a JK right now so that should be the ticket!
Welcome!

cl_859

Rank 0

Traveler I

Nowhere, OK, USA
First Name
A
Last Name
B
Hey guys. My name is Curtis, and I’m located in the Northwest Florida Panhandle (Navarre). I have moderate off-roading experience, but am brand new to overlanding. I love the idea of it and am excited to learn more from the forums.

I have a 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ with a 2” lift, 32” duratracs, and some other basic mods (winch, snorkel, etc).

I’m stoked to be part of the forum and can’t wait to do some exploring!

Attachments

ethan1911

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Strafford Missouri
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Hand
Member #

Hey guys. My name is Curtis, and I’m located in the Northwest Florida Panhandle (Navarre). I have moderate off-roading experience, but am brand new to overlanding. I love the idea of it and am excited to learn more from the forums.

I have a 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ with a 2” lift, 32” duratracs, and some other basic mods (winch, snorkel, etc).

I’m stoked to be part of the forum and can’t wait to do some exploring!
Welcome from southwest Missouri

Reactions: cl_859

Plasmajab

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Quinte West, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Howard
Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA3IRA
Hello, I'm from southern Ontario. Just joining in the forums. Done a lot of wheeling in my past 17 years in the Canadian Armed Forces as an Mobile Support Equipment Operator (Fancy term for truck driver/heavy equipment operator), but I've recently started to get an itch for exploring now that I've been posted to an Air force base and I don't get to go out to the woods all that often anymore. :/

Anyway. So I have a 2017 Ford F150 2wd, with the non-turbo 3.5L and a locking rear diff. Of course I bought it as a 2wd for a few reasons. Light trail running (dirt roads, fire roads) is kind of where I want to be, not really interested in the mud-bogging scene. She's all stock and ready for mods.

Thanks for having me!

AmericaMike

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Iowa
Member #

Hello, my name is Mike and I’m from northeast Iowa. I’m currently building a 1984 cucv m1009. It’s still a work in progress and Plan on having it finished by January.

Parts list so far.

: diy4x shackles flip with 54 inch Tahoe springs in rear

:diy4x b52 front spring swap with 52 inch k5 springs in front

:diy4x HD FRONT shackle hangers

:Northwest fab dana60 highsteer kit

:h1 beadlocks and bfg Baja ta’s

:12v p pump Cummins engine

:NV4500 Cummins trans with Chevy main shaft and full rebuild and a np208 transfercase

:Dana 60 drw front axle and van 14bolt rear with 4.56 gears

IMG_0865.JPGIMG_0866.JPG

Last edited:

Devil Dog 77

Rank III
Launch Member

Member I

Ridgefield, WA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Deuvall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE7IGC
My name is James and I am a former Marine, hence the screen name. I live in Clark Co Washington. I own a 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road. Currently stock other than the cap and running boards a previous owner installed (and yes the running boards are going as soon as I can afford a set of sliders) and the cargo basket I added. As far as experience goes: I drove Humvees a little in the service and used to do some trails in the desert areas east of San Diego in a bone stock 94 Jeep Cherokee. This was 20 years ago of course so not a lot of experience since then. Mostly forest service roads and spurs these days.

CrewmaxTRDRockWarrior

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Indiana
My name is James and I am a former Marine, hence the screen name. I live in Clark Co Washington. I own a 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road. Currently stock other than the cap and running boards a previous owner installed (and yes the running boards are going as soon as I can afford a set of sliders) and the cargo basket I added. As far as experience goes: I drove Humvees a little in the service and used to do some trails in the desert areas east of San Diego in a bone stock 94 Jeep Cherokee. This was 20 years ago of course so not a lot of experience since then. Mostly forest service roads and spurs these days.
Welcome Devil Dog 77! Glad you joined. Also always happy to have another TRD member [emoji106]

Reactions: Ncat