• HTML tutorial

Byron Eby

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sacramento, CA
Member #

Rig: 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, 2009 Subaru WRX

Experience: Started out driving my XJ on Jeep trails and mud holes in Northeastern Ohio 11 years ago. I moved to Colorado 9 years back for college, and continued to explore Forest Service and logging roads throughout the southwest, primarily for fly fishing, climbing, and backpacking access. After graduating from college I parted ways with the XJ and bought a WRX, and recently my SO, Rachael, picked up a WK2 Grand Cherokee Overland, which we've put a lot of trail miles on over the last 6 months. We've got a handful of trips planned for this summer, with a 1,000 mile trip to the Black Canyon, Telluride, and the Sand Dunes coming up in a few weeks. Really looking forward to contributing with trip reports, pictures, and any info I can provide. Also, I post frequently on Instagram - feel free to take a look here: https://www.instagram.com/mcd.brendan/

My WRX, and my other main form of transport...

The first outing in the WK2 (before we even had plates on it!) - Corona Pass, near the east portal of Moffat Tunnel in Rollinsville, CO

And another, after ditching the Fortera's and upgrading to K02's - Switzerland Trail headed towards Gold Hill, CO
Welcome and nice pictures!

Byron Eby

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sacramento, CA
Member #

Hello guys, my name is Justin from Houston, Tx my rig is a 2010 Fj cruiser I named her Snakebite after a run of bad luck damage and repairs, not much overlanding yet, but have been "park hopping" in Texas a good bit working out the camp gear and capabilities of me and the rig. Looking forward to learning from the group. Have been following the tumbler page and looks like there is a lot to offer
Welcome to OB!

thejonchacon

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Sacramento, California, United States
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Chacon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QNC
Service Branch
US Air Force
New to the forum...

My name is jonchacon

I came across some videos on youtube that led me to this website... and finally decided to sign up and be part of a great movement that I'm sure will just grow as time goes on...

I've had multiple 4WD vehicles in the past 10 years, from Toyota Tacoma's (2nd gen) to Jeep Cherokee's (XJ) and now my current ride is a 2013 Jeep Wrangler 10th Anniversary which I plan on keeping for a while.

On a scale from 1 (new to 4wd) to 10 (week+ long adventures), I'd rate myself as a 3-4

My current location (just moved) is the Eastern Sierras -- Mammoth Lakes, CA

Next time someone is up here I'll be glad to explore and learn about gear setups...

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
New to the forum...

My name is jonchacon

I came across some videos on youtube that led me to this website... and finally decided to sign up and be part of a great movement that I'm sure will just grow as time goes on...

I've had multiple 4WD vehicles in the past 10 years, from Toyota Tacoma's (2nd gen) to Jeep Cherokee's (XJ) and now my current ride is a 2013 Jeep Wrangler 10th Anniversary which I plan on keeping for a while.

On a scale from 1 (new to 4wd) to 10 (week+ long adventures), I'd rate myself as a 3-4

Next time someone is up here I'll be glad to explore and learn about gear setups...
Welcome to the forum.

Mike G

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Jose, CA
Member #

New to the forum...

My name is jonchacon

Welcome Jonathan, and Nice Jeep!

ExploreDesert

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Menifee, Ca
Member #

Greetings fellow overlanders!

My names Kyle and I'm located in Southern California. Grew up riding motorcycles in the local deserts and progressed into desert vehicles as I got older. The "go-fast" and racing trucks have been sidelined to keep the family happy and in all honesty, has been a lot more fun anyways. We've had some great adventures in our Tacoma and it's treated us well. After seeing numerous Overland Bound badges figured it was time to get my own and found out about these forums in the process.

Some of you may or may have not come across our website - www.exploredesert.com. It serves as a personal blog to share with family, friends and others about all of our travels. I'll be sure to post our future journeys here in the forums to share with everyone.

I look forward to spending some time here in the OB forums and becoming apart of the community. Also excited to get my badge!

- Kyle M.

Death Valley 2016 by The Adventure Continues, on Flickr

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army

My names Kyle and I'm located in Southern California. Grew up riding motorcycles in the local deserts and progressed into desert vehicles as I got older. The "go-fast" and racing trucks have been sidelined to keep the family happy and in all honesty, has been a lot more fun anyways. We've had some great adventures in our Tacoma and it's treated us well. After seeing numerous Overland Bound badges figured it was time to get my own and found out about these forums in the process.

Some of you may or may have not come across our website - www.exploredesert.com. It serves as a personal blog to share with family, friends and others about all of our travels. I'll be sure to post our future journeys here in the forums to share with everyone.

I look forward to spending some time here in the OB forums and becoming apart of the community. Also excited to get my badge!

- Kyle M.

Welcome. Great looking rig.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army

OldH1

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Saint Simons Island GA
First Name
Roy
Last Name
Mohr
Member #

Service Branch
Former LEO
Rig: 1993 H1 Wagon with a Duramax Conversion
Experience: Mixed, have traveled all over but not completely vehicle dependent.

Cannot believe I just located this forum! So looking forward to meeting everyone and will be at my first Expo this year in Ashville!

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army

Cannot believe I just located this forum! So looking forward to meeting everyone and will be at my first Expo this year in Ashville!
Welcome to the forum.

Vandy

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Okc

Pics of this or it doesn't exist

Oh and welcome

Sent from my SM-G935V using Overland Bound Talk mobile app

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

I need to see this rig!

NorthStar96

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

My Aunt lived on St. Simons Island when she was alive......Welcome to the group!

Byron Eby

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sacramento, CA
Member #

New to the forum...

My name is jonchacon

Welcome to OB!

Byron Eby

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sacramento, CA
Member #

- Kyle M.

Great picture! Welcome to the community.

Reactions: ExploreDesert