• HTML tutorial

Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

Lowranger

Rank II

Enthusiast II

photo 20.JPG Hello all... found this forum by wanting to help with the work at the Chappie-Shasta OHV Park . My wife (Goldielocker) and I have been over landing and off roading a lot. We have a 2000 Jeep TJ 3.5" lift, Eaton rear locker, on board air, 8,000lb winch and I'm sure I'm forgetting a thing or two on it. We also have a 2004 Toyota Tacoma, 1987 Suzuki Samurai. We are from Kelseyville Ca.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

View attachment 71275 Hello all... found this forum by wanting to help with the work at the Chappie-Shasta OHV Park . My wife (Goldielocker) and I have been over landing and off roading a lot. We have a 2000 Jeep TJ 3.5" lift, Eaton rear locker, on board air, 8,000lb winch and I'm sure I'm forgetting a thing or two on it. We also have a 2004 Toyota Tacoma, 1987 Suzuki Samurai. We are from Kelseyville Ca.
Welcome

Krazie

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

New member and would love to help anyone in the western North Carolina area and clean up trails. Own a 88 Ford F-250 and have access to a few other more capable vehicles and hands. Wife, son and I love the outdoors and hope we fount a site were we can meet new lads that live to do the same

Dave W

Rank 0

Contributor I

Good day Overland Bound community,
I am posting for the first time to introduce myself even though I am member 1936, guess I have been lurking for a while.
Live in Quebec, Canada
Drive a Tacoma 2018, (just got it) and am restoring a Land Rover series 2A (been working on it for a long time)
First question - any one with a current model taco, where to place the OB emblem?

Dave W

CCTX50

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

View attachment 71275 Hello all... found this forum by wanting to help with the work at the Chappie-Shasta OHV Park . My wife (Goldielocker) and I have been over landing and off roading a lot. We have a 2000 Jeep TJ 3.5" lift, Eaton rear locker, on board air, 8,000lb winch and I'm sure I'm forgetting a thing or two on it. We also have a 2004 Toyota Tacoma, 1987 Suzuki Samurai. We are from Kelseyville Ca.
They snow looks like a ton of fun. South texas does not get much. Lol

Jacob Cline

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hello Everyone

Jake here from Temecula California, current rig is a 2001 Ford F-150. I would say I’m a novice overlander who’s spent most of my life camping and growing up in the desert. Recently just decided to dig in and start building my rig little by little and it’s been a great project and can’t wait to see what everyone has. See you guys out there!

Attachments

Calabazas

Rank I

Contributor III

Hello everyone,

First time visit here. Like those cool videos from YouTube. Kind of fun. I'm a mountain biker (bicycle). Car has been tool to take me to trailhead. Wish to join the ride in 2019 when my rig mod is done. May take me a year to slowly catching up.

1) Picture of my rig - update to come once mod is complete. So far stock.
2) SF bay area, west San Jose
3) Rig 2010 Lexus GX 460
4) Zero overland experience. I'm handy but know nothing about car except tire thing.

A pleasure to join the club and get to know more nature loving people!

Tom

Zachary Denison

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

That is cool!!! I look forward to seeing what you do next!!![emoji123]
Thanks! I’m planning on doing the electrical system next. Hopefully I can get my solenoid hooked up and then get my solar panel going too. After that I plan on doing the kitchen. Wheels and tires eventually too, but I’m going to wait until these street tires are worn down so I can get my moneys worth out of them!

Majorbacon8r

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey, I’m 20min west of the MOA & just moved from an XJ to a 2011 f150. If you find any nice trails around here let me know! I’m fairly inexperienced but have been following overlanding and off-roading for years

Majorbacon8r

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and overanding, I’m inexperienced except for having a background of camping and hunting and I’m a Jeeper at heart, so of course I tackle any obstacle I can find & actively search out trouble [emoji23]

Just West of the Twin Cities in Minnesota!

I’ve just purchased a 2011 F150 in place of my 1999 XJ, and I haven’t done any mods yet. It has 32” KO2s and I’ve covered the underbody in rust proofing.

Im excited to see what this full-size build has in store for me as I’d done a few mods to my jeep before, and I’ve owned a 96 ZJ & 97F150 before, so kind of a similar switch I’m going through right now.

Anyone know of trails in the area? The cops around here are nuts, so really limits my ability to hit the trails..
IMG_0594.JPG

PanCan Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer III

PCOEDIT_EDIT_untitled_20181003_1608.jpg Hello!
Bryan of PanCan Overland here! New Member 14670 and I'm excited to be a part of this community!

On a recent trip west fulfilling a bucket list item 20 years in the making I realized because most of my travel is solo, the importance of having a support system such as the very talented and experienced members of this community would be a good thing to have in case of a breakdown, or SOS situation in my travels. It would probably have come in handy as I did actually experience a breakdown on the journey back then, but I was able to source repair and get back on the adventure in a short amount of time.

Beyond that, of course being part of this amazing, premier Overlanding community, I look forward to learning, sharing my experience, and overlanding with other members in the future!

About me: You can visit my website to learn the details, but I'm Bryan, 47, of Minnesota, and I'm an overlander.
I have 2 beautiful children, have been married for 13 years?? (shhh - don't tell the wife I'm unsure of the timing), a professional photographer with my own business, a real estate professional (retired), an adventurer, explorer, outdoors enthusiast, and a Jeep owner for the last 15 years. As a family we enjoy getting out and enjoying the outdoors as much as possible - camping, exploring and just loving the outdoors.

I drive a modified 2010 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon on adventures and as a daily. I'm a minimalist for the most part - by current financial status and by design. Not sure I need all the bells and whistles!

I have some experience overlanding having taken 2 full trips to Moab, Exploring the West a bit and more recently a bucket list trip as mentioned above to Burning Man, in which I soloed from MN to NV, pulling a pop-up for the event (that I'm pretty surprised made it there and back! :) ) . Not exactly overlanding in the sense of it being off grid and the like, but for me it was a pretty significant trip. I have explored MN in some level of detail, but there is much more to see!

I am one of 3 founders of Minnesota Overlanders - A Facebook Group/Club dedicated to overlanding in MN. We have over 700 Members currently and growing rapidly! We're registered as a club with the Minnesota 4 Wheel Drive Association and are becoming more involved in a new proposed and funded overland touring route that will transverse the state of MN from the east to western borders, eventually hooking up with ND's similar route.

I'm looking forward to connecting with my Regional OB Members, adventuring, exploring, getting out and living! If you're in MN or surrounding states, please feel free to reach out!

Adventure Through Adversity

Last edited:

mr.kingtaco

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

I currently live in El Paso, TX

Rig: 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4
I know it's not the typical rig that most people run, but it's what I have and I plan on running with it. It's pretty much stock right now, but I plan on upgrading as I get more experience.

Experience: novice. I honestly have no experience with Overlanding. I do have quite a bit of experience with hiking, backpacking, and camping. The military has sent me to a couple of survival courses and a few different countries, so being outdoors is nothing new for me.

I'm excited to start this project and hopefully get out there on the trail to meet some of you.

Attachments

Bill Carbaugh

Rank 0

Traveler I

New Members,In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.