• HTML tutorial

GoHeels

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wilmington NC
Member #

Hey Guys,
Just found this site and joined up, looks like a lot of great info and people.
1) Location: Wilmington, North Carolina (New Hanover, Brunswick, Pender county area) - but looking to do some traveling.
2) Rig: 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee (WJ) Laredo, 4.oL I6, 2wd. (Currently with 3" lift and 32s gonna post a build thread as well as over the next few weeks ill be installing a rear dif locker and 4.5" lift)
3) Overlanding Experience: Novice - Intermediate. I never knew what Overlanding was per say just off roading, plus I do a lot of fishing, hiking, camping, hunting and just enjoying the outdoors, and ever new a name for it.
4)Look forward to meeting some new people and learning alot... Anybody else in NC area ?

WJ profile pic.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

Hello all,

1) Location: Sparks, Nevada
2) Rig : 2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser
3) Overlanding Experience Background: I love exploring the back country in my 4wd. I also love to camp. I guess it's about time to put the two together.
I spend a lot of time south of reno exploring and looking for old mines and ghost towns. Nice to see another fj cruiser

Sent from my LGMS631 using Overland Bound Talk mobile app

Truckerbizz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Reno NV
Member #

cougargnw

Rank III

Advocate I

Hey everyone! Checking in from east Tennessee where I am on location for work. Mrs Cougargnw and I have a 2013 Tahoe that we just picked up. I haven't modded anything yet but plan on upgrading the tires and suspension as well as the brakes.
Experience wise, I have travelled extensively in the U.S. and have gone on lots of adventures both solo and with my wife. Palo Duro Canyon in Texas, Sandia Mountains and the Petro Glyphs in New Mexico, and Death Valley in Nevada were my favorites. I consider myself a pretty experienced adventurer. Getting ready to start exploring Tennessee. I look forward to sharing pics with everyone here of our adventures

MidwestOverlanders

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Indianapolis, IN
Member #

Hey everyone! Checking in from east Tennessee where I am on location for work. Mrs Cougargnw and I have a 2013 Tahoe that we just picked up. I haven't modded anything yet but plan on upgrading the tires and suspension as well as the brakes.
Experience wise, I have travelled extensively in the U.S. and have gone on lots of adventures both solo and with my wife. Palo Duro Canyon in Texas, Sandia Mountains and the Petro Glyphs in New Mexico, and Death Valley in Nevada were my favorites. I consider myself a pretty experienced adventurer. Getting ready to start exploring Tennessee. I look forward to sharing pics with everyone here of our adventures
Welcome! Glad to have you.

Byron Eby

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sacramento, CA
Member #

Pilot : B, 25 yo, human, fitness enthusiast, slightly crazy.

Co-Pilot: Fritz, 3yo, Belgian Malinois rescue, very crazy.

Experience : Car guy since forever. Got my (first) truck fall 2014, intended to leave it stock... That idea fell apart when I moved and realized I would be smashing my mileage limit, and therefore buying the truck at the end of lease.
I like dirt roads and camping and hiking, but I'm relatively new to offroading.

Rig: 2015 Chevy Colorado Z71 4x4
Lots of little mods but these are the major ones...
-Icon VS 2.5 Series Front Coilovers and
VS 2.0 Series Rear Shocks
-Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 265/70R17 (31.7"Dia)
-Superskidz Aluminum Skid Plate
-Rear Seat Delete Platform (prototype... Better version coming soon)

Hoping to learn and share a lot on here. Seems like a solid crew. I love the variety of different rigs and sense of community there seems to be.
Looking forward to lots of camping and exploring this summer.
Welcome to the forums!

Byron Eby

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sacramento, CA
Member #

Rig: 2008 Land Rover Discovery 3 (LR3)
Experience: Greatly experienced

Hello All
Jerry here from Denver currently but I have been around.
Previous off road vehicles include 1955, 1976 and 1983 Jeep CJ5s yes I was a slow learner... A 1977 F250 Factory High Boy. A 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee and a 2005 LJ Rubicon before getting my current 2008 Land Rover LR3. Few additions include Johnson Rod 2" lift, 275 Goodyear Duratracks, G4 challenge roof rack, Tactical Rovers rock sliders, duel battery kit and lots of other little bits... Sleeping in an Oz-Tent RV3.

Great pictures and welcome to OB!

Byron Eby

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sacramento, CA
Member #

Hi all. My name is Dave, I am from ct i have a 2012 ram 1500 that i will be slowly getting ready to explore with. i look to gain lots of knowlagde from here so any tips you can give me fire away ! My full time job is a fire dispatcher with affords me alot of free time so i love being outdoors so i figure give this a try ! lol look forward to talking to you all
Welcome to the community! Get some pictures up for us!

Byron Eby

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sacramento, CA
Member #

Hello Everyone - I just signed up. My name is Peder. I'm an 8 year Arizona (Phoenix Area) transplant from Northern California. I never really did much 'offroading' or overlanding until 2013 when I decided it was time to upgrade from the 2wd Tundra to a more capable off road vehicle. I've been through countless hours of classes on everything from off road trip preparation to advanced recovery options. I don't get to do much overlanding except for frequent dispersed camping trips. That's all about to change. I've got a couple trips that I'm planning for this summer and late fall.

Pics for those interested...

Less than 12 hours of ownership, already in the dirt. South of Phoenix in the Sonoran Desert.
View attachment 3845

4 Months later. The 'Rolls' area of Saguaro Lake. I think we call this Hippo Hill.
View attachment 3846

Last month, camping before it gets too hot. One of my favorite places.
View attachment 3847
Nice rig man. Welcome to OB!

juanpablothethird

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Rig: 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, 2009 Subaru WRX

Experience: Started out driving my XJ on Jeep trails and mud holes in Northeastern Ohio 11 years ago. I moved to Colorado 9 years back for college, and continued to explore Forest Service and logging roads throughout the southwest, primarily for fly fishing, climbing, and backpacking access. After graduating from college I parted ways with the XJ and bought a WRX, and recently my SO, Rachael, picked up a WK2 Grand Cherokee Overland, which we've put a lot of trail miles on over the last 6 months. We've got a handful of trips planned for this summer, with a 1,000 mile trip to the Black Canyon, Telluride, and the Sand Dunes coming up in a few weeks. Really looking forward to contributing with trip reports, pictures, and any info I can provide. Also, I post frequently on Instagram - feel free to take a look here: https://www.instagram.com/mcd.brendan/

My WRX, and my other main form of transport...

The first outing in the WK2 (before we even had plates on it!) - Corona Pass, near the east portal of Moffat Tunnel in Rollinsville, CO

And another, after ditching the Fortera's and upgrading to K02's - Switzerland Trail headed towards Gold Hill, CO

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army

Rig: 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, 2009 Subaru WRX

Experience: Started out driving my XJ on Jeep trails and mud holes in Northeastern Ohio 11 years ago. I moved to Colorado 9 years back for college, and continued to explore Forest Service and logging roads throughout the southwest, primarily for fly fishing, climbing, and backpacking access. After graduating from college I parted ways with the XJ and bought a WRX, and recently my SO, Rachael, picked up a WK2 Grand Cherokee Overland, which we've put a lot of trail miles on over the last 6 months. We've got a handful of trips planned for this summer, with a 1,000 mile trip to the Black Canyon, Telluride, and the Sand Dunes coming up in a few weeks. Really looking forward to contributing with trip reports, pictures, and any info I can provide. Also, I post frequently on Instagram - feel free to take a look here: https://www.instagram.com/mcd.brendan/

My WRX, and my other main form of transport...

The first outing in the WK2 (before we even had plates on it!) - Corona Pass, near the east portal of Moffat Tunnel in Rollinsville, CO

And another, after ditching the Fortera's and upgrading to K02's - Switzerland Trail headed towards Gold Hill, CO
Welcome to OB. Nice rigs.

Snakebite

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Hello guys, my name is Justin from Houston, Tx my rig is a 2010 Fj cruiser I named her Snakebite after a run of bad luck damage and repairs, not much overlanding yet, but have been "park hopping" in Texas a good bit working out the camp gear and capabilities of me and the rig. Looking forward to learning from the group. Have been following the tumbler page and looks like there is a lot to offer

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hello guys, my name is Justin from Houston, Tx my rig is a 2010 Fj cruiser I named her Snakebite after a run of bad luck damage and repairs, not much overlanding yet, but have been "park hopping" in Texas a good bit working out the camp gear and capabilities of me and the rig. Looking forward to learning from the group. Have been following the tumbler page and looks like there is a lot to offer
Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: Snakebite