Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

RedPreRunner4x4

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Covington, Ga
Member #

Hey y'all, my name is Tyler! I am 22 years old and I'm a passionate outdoorsman who loves the mountains of North Ga and surrounding areas. I'm a Ford and Chrysler mechanic at a dealership near my house. On my free weekends I enjoy riding to North Georgia to explore US Forest service roads and camp alongside them in some more of the open spots. Soon enough I'll expand to Alabama and Tennessee.IMG_1612.JPGIMG_0333.JPG

I live in Covington, GA which is about 45 minutes east of Atlanta.

I have a red 2001 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab PreRunner. I did a 4x4 conversion using 98 model parts so I have manual hubs, and fully manual t-case. She's lifted 3" with Eibach front coilovers and HD leafs and Toytec BOSS shocks in the rear. I'm riding on 33" BFG KM2's on stock Enkie wheels. I recently purchased a tan Softopper that I will be installing this week. My next upgrades will be lockers for the front an rear and eventually I will build a custom bed rack to work with the Softopper.

I've been outdoors all my life through camping, hunting, fishing, and riding fourwheelers/dirtbikes. I've been offroading since I could drive my own truck (even when it was still 2wd!) A couple years ago I decided to start taking all my camping stuff with me on the trails and camping off the side of them. After doing this for a few months I realized it was a real thing called overlanding. Since then I have looked into it much more and even went to Overland Expo East last year, and will be returning this November!

I look forward to meeting and being in community with y'all. Feel free to reach out!

Jon Norris

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Lake Forest, CA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Norris
Member #

Reactions: RedPreRunner4x4

Low594

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oakland, CA, US
First Name
James
Last Name
o'Brien
Member #

Tanner here!

I just joined and am excited to be a part of this overlanding community. I am located in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. My offroad experience is moderate-experienced level (I've had a lot of trail time around Moab and Colorado). I am in the gradual process of modifying my 2016 Subaru Forester 2.5. So far it has an LP Adventure 2" lift, 225/65/r17 BFG KO2 tires, Motegi Mr139 wheels, and a roof rack with recovery ramps. I recently took it on a road trip with my father and brother to camp and fish in Colorado and to explore the Moab area. I found the limits of the forester's approach and departure angles on the "Day Use Only" section of Fins N Things in Moab lol. I would like to ask members of they know of any quality fab shops that could make custom bumpers. Thank you all! I will continue to be active in the forum and will post trip/build updates.View attachment 67225
Welcome Tanner! Looks like you have a great start on your Foz! Glad to see more and more Subarus on here, everyday! Check out the Subaru Owners Registry (link in my signature) and look up Mountain Roo (Mtn Roo) on FB & IG!

Traveler I

Ohio
Hello everyone! 1st post. I'm pretty new to overlanding. A friend of mine has a built rig that has made me want to get into overlanding. I don't want to spend a bunch of money on a truck and camping gear, so I'm gonna do it cheaply and enjoy everything he has. (Right now anyways) I was in Boy Scouts, so I have back camping experience and have always enjoyed camping in a camper with the family as a child.

Rig: 93' Ford Festiva GL with Yakima Roof Basket

Experience: Intermediate

I'm here mostly for the community and tips and tricks. Mostly just for browsing .

Alan k

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello everyone,

I'm Alan,

born and raised in San Diego. Lots of desert trips as a kid. My first rig was a 1992 GMC Jimmy stock, got it stuck often but had to sell it. Owned a coupe then a sedan. Just bought a stock 1997 Ford explorer, with the 4.0 v6 and 199000 miles. Looking to do some work on it but no idea where to start.

i have a little bit of offroad experience but am still a novice.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey yall, I'm Mo, I'm from Placerville, California, I live in Southeast Louisiana, my experience is mostly in rock crawling when I was a younger, I had to sell off my rig when I discharged from the Marines and have been without one for some time, but that doesn't stop me from participating by hitching a ride or joining in some meet ups, I'm in search of a new rig build as time and money allows me haha, I look forward to speaking and meeting yall, and lord willing getting back on the trail sometime soon!
Welcome to Overland Bound! and from Placerville

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,

I'm Alan,

born and raised in San Diego. Lots of desert trips as a kid. My first rig was a 1992 GMC Jimmy stock, got it stuck often but had to sell it. Owned a coupe then a sedan. Just bought a stock 1997 Ford explorer, with the 4.0 v6 and 199000 miles. Looking to do some work on it but no idea where to start.

Welcome to Overland Bound!

There is a meet up in the San Diego area that you might want to check out.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-san-diego-overland-bound-monthly-meet-03-22-2018.13317/

This is San Diego Overland Bound Trail Run page.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/san-diego-overland-bound-trail-runs.17178/

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

David Gibson

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello!

My name is David and I live in Floyds Knobs, IN.

We have a stock 2014 Jeep Sahara. We have not done any off roading but would like to get into it a little bit.
We are not looking to do anything to the jeep right now other then keep it stock. I know that will restrict what we are able to do, but we are ok with that.

Looking forward to some help with the members when we travel.

Thank you,
David

RedPreRunner4x4

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Covington, Ga
Member #

Hello!

We have a stock 2014 Jeep Sahara. We have not done any off roading but would like to get into it a little bit.
We are not looking to do anything to the jeep right now other then keep it stock. I know that will restrict what we are able to do, but we are ok with that.

Thank you,
David
When the bug bites, it will bite hard. Jeeps are one of the hardest things to keep stock! I’m a Jeep dealership mechanic and one of the things I do each week is outfit vehicles. Often times it’s people who “didn’t plan on changing anything.” Jeeps are very capable even when stock but you will quickly learn your limitations if you do anything more than dirt roads and forestry roads. Nice to meet you.

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
Hi, My name is Steve and I live in NW Orygun, spent all my life in the Pacific Northwest. I've owned several different 4X4's over the years and currently own a 17 Colorado ZR2. I've added some skid protection, hidden winch (Zeon 12-s) leveled, roof rack, I use a bed tent and keep everything dry with a trifold tonneau cover. I do mostly overnight and 2-3 day trips and try to get in some shooting or fishing.

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

When the bug bites, it will bite hard. Jeeps are one of the hardest things to keep stock! I’m a Jeep dealership mechanic and one of the things I do each week is outfit vehicles. Often times it’s people who “didn’t plan on changing anything.” Jeeps are very capable even when stock but you will quickly learn your limitations if you do anything more than dirt roads and forestry roads. Nice to meet you.
I agree! You start thinking man how can I make this a lil bit better? You find out what you need over what you want. Ive found that if you go tell you need something more than a few times youll probably need it more and more. Find it easier than opening a parts book and say “oh I need that or want that for the rig”. You find out what you really wanted didnt really work as well as something that you really needed. I try to keep things simple..seems its easier to work on. Stock works well! Tell the bug bites and it starts to itch. I am sure the trails down in the southern states are a site to see with those mountains and stuff down there to explore!

NinerMikeMike

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Liberty Township, OH
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Maratea
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8MEO
Hi All, I'm Mike, from Southwest Ohio. Happy to be part of this group. I drive a 2016 JK Rubi, gently modded, and pull an HEO T3 trailer for trips. I've spent a lot of nights in tents over the past 10 yrs, mostly primitive sites. New to overlanding, but really looking forward to coming off the trail somewhere other than where I got on...

Snowball

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Houston
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Excited that I found this community. I drive a 2015 4Runner Trail near Houston, Tx and have novice to moderate experience in overlanding. Pic below.

IMG-20180505-WA0009[1].jpg

TRED LYT

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Sherman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZPJ
Hello everyone,

I'm Alan,

Welcome aboard! Spend some time in the forums and make sure you join Overland Bound if not done already. As a member, you will find many people like yourself who can relate to where you are in your journey. As for mods....much depends on the mechanics of your rig. Make sure everything is in good shape from a mechanical standpoint first. Nothing worse than spending a bunch on a new lift, wheels and tires only to find out that the engine needs a rebuild! If all is in good shape from that standpoint, lift it, new tires, lockers, bumpers, winch, lights....in about that order. The rest is to your personality....HAM radio, drawers, refrigerator, navigation, etc.... Most importantly, don’t let these things keep you from using it now!!! Get out and go explore!

TRED LYT

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Sherman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZPJ
Hello!

Thank you,
David
Welcome David! If you’re ever in Southern California, we’ll be glad to pitch in our 2 cents. Best thing is for you to get out and use it for what it was designed to do. Why have a Jeep if you don’t intend to get it dirty?? It’s easy to toss a sleeping bag, a tent, and a cooler in the back and disappear for the weekend. You’ll be glad you did and then find yourself doing it again. As you learn more, the modifications will be necessitated by your own experiences. We also have 2 bone stock Jeeps....a 2014 Rubicon 4 door, and a 1987 YJ with rectanglular head lights. Love them both and have decided to leave them stock with money being spent on our Toyota Land Cruiser for the mods. We’re having a blast and hope you do too. Cheers!

Reactions: David S

David S

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Los Angeles
Member #

Hello everyone,

I'm Alan,

Welcome, Drivetrain and safety were my 1st things made sure engine, trans and brakes were in order then added a very reliable jack, spare tire carrier and wheel and tire to match what was on the Yukon when I got it ( hence the reason I haven’t done a larger lift) use up these tires 1st then a few other mods like rack, Awning both have already been out to use on our 1st trip out. Next plan is communication and more lights LOL, we are all here to help out even if you just need to vent [emoji1303][emoji1303] can’t wait to see you out and about having a blast