Explorer I

Maiden North Carolina
First Name
John
Last Name
Bellesfield
Member #

Hi Folks, glad to join you!

I’m in Central Virginia and a novice to Overlanding although I’ve been camping all my life.

Currently we pull an RV when we do camp, but looking to downsize and have a little more adventure!

My rig is a 2007 Suburban. Currently running 32” Cooper Discoverer AT3. I’m looking forward to learning a lot and finding out just how far we can go...

Lots of easy things to start Overlanding you can do. Start simple and easy to figure out what you need. Then build your rig and equipment list slowly.

Taco_Rojo_

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Robstown Texas
First Name
Jesus
Last Name
C
Member #

IMG_4930 (1).JPG HI Everyone, I'm A novice, and enjoying researching and looking at youtube for information on tools, gear, location. I came across Overland Bound channel and i'm looking forward to all the new information and info and see peoples adventures to help plan mine.

Location- South Texas
Rig- 2014 Ford Svt Raptor (Slowly gearing up)
Level- Novice
View attachment 66896

Last edited:

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

I’m in Central Virginia and a novice to Overlanding although I’ve been camping all my life.

Currently we pull an RV when we do camp, but looking to downsize and have a little more adventure!

My rig is a 2007 Suburban. Currently running 32” Cooper Discoverer AT3. I’m looking forward to learning a lot and finding out just how far we can go...
Welcome Bamm!

We are having a meet up 9/15-16 near Woodstock, VA. Check out to Northern VA/MD Thread.

Pat Voeks

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Youngstown,Ohio
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
HI Everyone, I'm A novice, and enjoying researching and looking at youtube for information on tools, gear, location. I came across Overland Bound channel and i'm looking forward to all the new information and info and see peoples adventures to help plan mine.

Location- South Texas
Rig- 2014 Ford Svt Raptor (Slowly gearing up)
Level- Novice
View attachment 66896
Welcome to Overland Bound!

If your interested check the meet-up page to find a meet-up that might work for you. If you cant find one and want to start a new meet-up I am here to help.

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

stan568

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hello OB community!

I just signed up after "stalking" your website for some time. I really enjoy your founding principles/core values as a community and knew that this is a place I could take home to Mom!

Me:

Region-Midwest, Chicagoland area
Vehicle-2012 Tundra Crewmax, relatively stock (minor suspension, tires), daily driver, work truck
Experience-Novice Overlanding. Most of my experience lies with car camping, backpacking (multi-day trips), climbing, kayaking.

I really enjoy getting outdoors any way that I can. Hoping to learn as much as I can as well as support others as well. I recently married in Grand Teton National Park and drug our Airstream onto BLM land overlooking the majestic mountains as our morning wake up call! I look forward to becoming more lean with the set up (truck only) to be able to push farther.

Thanks for having me!

Stan

David S

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Los Angeles
Member #

Welcome [emoji1303]

Squaregetaway

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Birmingham Alabama
Member #

8ADD791C-785A-4AF1-A8EC-C281A927E96A.jpeg Hello, Total beginner here. I owned a 4WD many years ago and been looking to get back into it. I purchased a 2010 Tacoma 4x4 TRD one week ago today. Naturally, joining Overland Bound was the next step. I am very excited to be here and learn as much as possible.
Rig: 2010 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad
Overlanding Experience Background: Novice

Thanks for having me.
Andy

Last edited:

Cesar

Rank 0

Traveler I

Vermont
First Name
Esar
Last Name
B
Hey guys, Cesar here. Brand new to overlanding (and off-roading as well I guess). I've owned a 98 Jeep Wrangler for about a year now (setup for rock crawling by the previous owner) so I am learning slowly about off-roading; and I am trying to configure it for some overlanding as well (weekends/etc).
I'm in northern Vermont and will keep an eye out for events in the area to join and learn from you as well. ;-)
IMG_6445_sm.jpg

Buck Moosejaw

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Connecticut
Member #

Hi all,

New member #14240 here. Used the purchase of our 6th Land Rover as an excuse to join the club. Heading down to Texas a week from tomorrow to collect drive it back home to CT. We’ll be documenting the trip as we go... Hope that I might have a chance to meet some of you guys (and/or girls) along the way!

//Ray

2016 LR4
2001 RR P38
1989 RRC (theses a neat story that goes with this one)
1982 Series III 88 (X2)
1975 Series III Carawagon Safari Sleeper

JX T.A.G.

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

florida
Member #

Hi all,

New member #14240 here. Used the purchase of our 6th Land Rover as an excuse to join the club. Heading down to Texas a week from tomorrow to collect drive it back home to CT. We’ll be documenting the trip as we go... Hope that I might have a chance to meet some of you guys (and/or girls) along the way!

//Ray

2016 LR4
2001 RR P38
1989 RRC (theses a neat story that goes with this one)
1982 Series III 88 (X2)
1975 Series III Carawagon Safari Sleeper
Hello, welcome to OB

Tupenny

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder I

Longwood, Florida
First Name
Boulder
Last Name
Dash
Member #

Hello!

member#: 14242 as of today!
rig: '17 JKU Willys Wheeler gobi tan

Very happy to be here, living in central Florida. Long time enthusiast of everything outdoors from camping, fishing, archery, shooting, gardening & exploring. Best weekend is to get out and away on a remote trail and set up in a location absent of city light/cell reception! I'm here to meet and learn from experienced members. I have begin modding the Jeep and am teaching myself along the way; my goal is to be proficient in all the maintenance and upgrades myself or at least with the help of friends over tacos and IPA's.

My goal is to gain the knowledge and experience to be able to take my friends/family on weekend/week-long excursions in areas less traveled and be self sufficient, safe and have fun!

Thank you all in advance!IMG_20180617_175912.jpg

Jaycee

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Hello All,
New to the overlanding scene and very eager to jump head first into some adventures.
Recently purchased a 2018 4runner limited and planning to get it up to par to handle some trails with the family. Im from the southbay (SoCal) and have a 2yr old (hence the lmtd purchase) looking forward to meeting new like minded people that share the same passion of the outdoors.
This is my first 4x4 so i'll need alot of help. I'm more versed in the low to the ground max horsepower world but always owned an SUV as a daily but the 2wd version.
Hopefully i get to meet some of you and get out into the wild and streatch our feet together.
I have been researching and lurking around the forum sucking up all the knowledge members have been sharing.
Looking forward to see where overlanding takes me and hopefully create some unforgettable memories during the journey.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All,
New to the overlanding scene and very eager to jump head first into some adventures.
Recently purchased a 2018 4runner limited and planning to get it up to par to handle some trails with the family. Im from the southbay and have a 2yr old (hence the lmtd purchase) looking forward to meeting new like minded people that share the same passion of the outdoors.
This is my first 4x4 so i'll need alot of help. I'm more versed in the low to the ground max horsepower world but always owned an SUV as a daily but the 2wd version.
Hopefully i get to meet some of you and get out into the wild and streatch our feet together.
I have been researching and lurking around the forum sucking up all the knowledge members have been sharing.
Looking forward to see where overlanding takes me and hopefully create some unforgettable memories during the journey.

Cheers!
Welcome to Overland Bound! South bay, what state?

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Hello All,
Recently purchased a 2018 4runner limited and planning to get it up to par to handle some trails with the family. Im from the southbay and have a 2yr old (hence the lmtd purchase) looking forward to meeting new like minded people that share the same passion of the outdoors.

Cheers!
Welcome to the community Jaycee!

Be sure to check in on the 4Runner Registry.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Hello!

member#: 14242 as of today!
rig: '17 JKU Willys Wheeler gobi tan

Very happy to be here, living in central Florida. Long time enthusiast of everything outdoors from camping, fishing, archery, shooting, gardening & exploring. Best weekend is to get out and away on a remote trail and set up in a location absent of city light/cell reception! I'm here to meet and learn from experienced members. I have begin modding the Jeep and am teaching myself along the way; my goal is to be proficient in all the maintenance and upgrades myself or at least with the help of friends over tacos and IPA's.

My goal is to gain the knowledge and experience to be able to take my friends/family on weekend/week-long excursions in areas less traveled and be self sufficient, safe and have fun!

Thank you all in advance!View attachment 67047
Welcome to the community Tupenny!

I’m from central Florida myself, but have moved up to the DC area.

Reactions: Tupenny