Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

NorthStar96

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hello everybody!

The name is Ed. It's a pleasure to be part of this forum as member #642. I just got into overlanding a year ago. Hoping to experience more. I do go camping and hiking on occasion. Looking forward to overlanding to remote areas and seeing greatness.

Rig: 2014 Ford raptor
Welcome to the group @Edped glad to have you. peruse our pages and comment to your hearts desire. ask questions if you like. that's what we are here for.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army

94YJBeaver

Rank II

Advocate II

1) Location: Bend Oregon
2) Rig: 1994 Jeep Wrangler
3) Overlanding Experience Background: We are slowly moving out of Rock Crawling and moving more into Overlanding. This year have have put on about 1000 miles so far and plan for much more. We are starting out slow!

Spork

Rank 0

Contributor I

Location(s): Wildomar,CA / Gardnerville, NV
Rig(s): 2006 Jeep WK GC Overland 5.7 with 2" lift on 30" Nitto's / 2000 Jeep WJ Limited 4.7 about to get 6" long arms and locker treatment.
Experience: First started wheeling in 1974 with a 1963 IH Scout. Had some pretty capable rigs over the years. Now looking to do more mellow stuff.

jimbohotwings

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

San Diego
Member #

Rig: 2006 4runner
Experience: As far as overlanding I'm wet behind the ears but I've been camping, wheeling, and fixing and tearing up offroading vehicles for a while. I'm extremely excited about traveling through california in the next few years. If you're in San Diego hit me up.

bornfree101

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Location (General area is fine)
2) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
3) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hello everyone!
My wife and I are a young couple with nothing holding us down. We are currently living in the West Tennessee area. We recently learned about over landing and began building up my 2011 Chevy Silverado 1500 W/T 4x4. We're also in the works of buying my wife a 2004-2010 Toyota 4runner. She hates being in the passenger seat! But first off if any one could point me in the right direction for things like an extended range fuel tank for the Silverado that would be great. Thanks!

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hello everyone!
My wife and I are a young couple with nothing holding us down. We are currently living in the West Tennessee area. We recently learned about over landing and began building up my 2011 Chevy Silverado 1500 W/T 4x4. We're also in the works of buying my wife a 2004-2010 Toyota 4runner. She hates being in the passenger seat! But first off if any one could point me in the right direction for things like an extended range fuel tank for the Silverado that would be great. Thanks!
Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately I don't know much about extended fuel tanks so I can't help you out there.

murps

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
d
Last Name
m
Member #

1) Location: Bend Oregon
2) Rig: 1994 Jeep Wrangler
3) Overlanding Experience Background: We are slowly moving out of Rock Crawling and moving more into Overlanding. This year have have put on about 1000 miles so far and plan for much more. We are starting out slow!
Slow and steady wins the race lol. Welcome!

Klunk

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Sparks, Nevada
Member #

Hello all,

1) Location: Sparks, Nevada
2) Rig : 2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser
3) Overlanding Experience Background: I love exploring the back country in my 4wd. I also love to camp. I guess it's about time to put the two together.

The_Outdoor_Powerlifter

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hey everyone, located in east Alabama. I have a couple of friends who are heavily into the overland lifestyle and they talked me into building my own rig. I've always been into camping, hiking, kayaking, nature photography, and being outdoors- but completely new to this. As of today I don't really have the ideal vehicle- an 07 Expedition 2wd -but I am dipping my toes in the water by taking it on smaller adventures that my vehicle is capable enough doing while also adding some non-permanent modifications to it until I can trade it in for a 4runner/xterra/tacoma. My previous vehicle was an 02 Ranger 4x4 with lift, tires, winch, etc. Great truck, I would love to buy another one but I need a 4 door. Anyways, hope to learn a lot here. Thanks
Nice man I'm in Huntsville. Gksf to have ya here

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hello all,

1) Location: Sparks, Nevada
2) Rig : 2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser
3) Overlanding Experience Background: I love exploring the back country in my 4wd. I also love to camp. I guess it's about time to put the two together.
Welcome to the forum.