Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Jarueda13

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Redwood City Ca
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound! We are currently working on a meet-up on the Peninsula and hope to have something worked out within the next couple of weeks. There is a meet-up on the 25th in San Leandro if your interested check the calendar for details.
Man that will be cool but unfortunately I have plans, going out to Dixon for grandfathers birthday. Definitely try to make the next one.

Reactions: my_3g4r

Aussie571

Local Expert, Australia NSW

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

Any suggestions on what to change/modify first? I start looking around and things just start to get overwhelming. I currently have 16" wheels with Hankook Dynapro ATM tires. Since I have my ham radio licensee I have a 2 meter radio installed. Other than that its all stock.

Thanks.
Depends on how you are going to travel...towing a trailer, rooftop tent or tent. I have approx 2 inch lift with Geolander ATs tyres...we can't lift them much more here without jumping hoops as state laws stop us in Australia...otherwise it's almost stock!
I am going to add rear draws and I have side awning already.20170923_160517~2.jpeg

Reactions: 4wheelspulling

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone,
My name is Ira and I am new to overlanding. Slowly building my rig for camping and road trips!
1996 Toyota 4Runner. My wife and I live in Orange County, California.
View attachment 64358
Welcome to Overland B0und! There is a meet-up in Orange County that you might be interested in. Check out the meet-up page on the forum or on the OLB West FB page for details.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-orange-county-overland-bound-monthly-meet-up-06-02-2018.13515/

If you have any questions message me on the forum at Kent R.

Dominik

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Montréal
Member #

Its nice to see a fellow Subaru overlander on here!
Thanks.

II had a subaru impreza 2003 wagon that I travelled accross Canada with it. So I've been overlanding with subaru for a couple of years now and they suit me well.

What is your rig?

Last edited:
Reactions: Low594

Low594

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oakland, CA, US
First Name
James
Last Name
o'Brien
Member #

Thanks.

II had a subaru impreza 2003 wagon that I travelled accross Canada with it. So I've been overlanding with subaru for a couple of years now and they suit me well.

What is your rig?
I've got too many and not enough time!
My Subaru is a 2000 Legacy Outback sedan, shortly to receive a 4" lift using Gen1 Tacoma struts!
My other rigs are: 2008 Suzuki VStrom, 1998 Kawasaki KLX351R & my toy hauler is a 2002 Ford E450 Super Duty shortbus.

Reactions: Dominik

Andrew Markoulis

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hey there! I am Andrew and am from San Francisco. I am very new to overlanding, but really looking forward to learning more and getting out there. I just got new 2018 Surbaru Forester XT. \As of now my t0-do list is new wheels/tires, roof rack system (already have a tepui roof top tent), some armor plates, fridge/freezer with solar charging capabilities.

REWDBOY

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

LA,CA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
M
Member #

YaaahMon! JonBoy here from Los Angeles. I just joined and got my member number, can't wait to meet up with some folks and learn/experience America and beyond thru this overlanding ways, with my 11yo son and our 8yo doggy.
We have a 2006 Jeep Commander Limited w 5.7L Hemi. Full stock. Looking to get a lift and change out the wheels/tires along with fresh suspension..in the next few weeks.

Last edited:

systemdelete

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Nashville, TN
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Rumbaugh
Member #

New around here, figured I'd try and meet some of the members I've seen out and about.

First overlander was a '74 Ford Bronco outfitted for camping all around middle TN. Next was a '71 VW tintop Westy which is currently undergoing restoration. Due tot he restoration's timeline I picked up a 2014 FJ Cruiser 6MT for the daily duties and to get me around while I paint and outfit the VW.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,
My name is Sarat. I live in Puyallup, WA USA. I own a 1989 Dodge Ram 50 4x4. Seeing lots of 4WDAction videos, i decide to convert it to diesel. My other rig is a 2006 VW Touareg v10 TDI with no mods. I woild say i'm a novice at overlanding. I did spend some time in all kinds of rigs for the Army though. Pics to come
Welcome to Overland Bound! If your interested check the meet-up page to find a meet-up that might work for you.
I am going to have a large OLB meet-up in the Portland area the first weekend of October, so if your invested keep an eye out for further info.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey there! I am Andrew and am from San Francisco. I am very new to overlanding, but really looking forward to learning more and getting out there. I just got new 2018 Surbaru Forester XT. \As of now my t0-do list is new wheels/tires, roof rack system (already have a tepui roof top tent), some armor plates, fridge/freezer with solar charging capabilities.
Welcome to Overland Bound! If your interested check the meet-up page to find a meet-up that might work for you.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
YaaahMon! JonBoy here from Los Angeles. I just joined and got my member number, can't wait to meet up with some folks and learn/experience America and beyond thru this overlanding ways, with my 11yo son and our 8yo doggy.
We have a 2006 Jeep Commander Limited w 5.7L Hemi. Full stock. Looking to get a lift and change out the wheels/tires along with fresh suspension..in the next few weeks.
Welcome to Overland Bound! There are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.

Reactions: REWDBOY