Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New guy checking in.

My name is Mike I’m 24 years old, I live in the greater Seattle area, and spend way too much time working on pnw tugboats as a A/B Deckhand.

I drive a 2006 Land Rover LR3 SE with the HD package that I bought stock in March. Since then I’ve fixed most of the issues I bought it cheap with. And dove head first with 2.5 inch lift rods, front runner full length roof rack, ARB front bumper, Smittybilt X20 10k wireless winch, led 9in driving lights, GMRS radio (CB and Firestik are in the mail), LR4 taillights, Osram CBI D2S headlight bulbs, and I had a ARB Simpson 3 but recently sold the tent to upgrade.

I have new larger tires coming, as well as some other goodies shortly.

I’d like to go crazier on the rig, but my M5 and 300TD take budget priority and I don’t have much time off in the summer lol.
Welcome to Overland Bound! If your interested check the meet-up page to find a meet-up that might work for you.

If you have any questions message me on the forum at Kent R.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings,

I am located down here in Florida but will be moving over to California soon.
I have a slightly modified 2005 Jeep LJ (ei: headlights, roof rack, air intake, new engine clutch fan, and some inside stuff.)
This is the first time I have gotten into overlanding but I am building my jeep with it in mind. I use to camp a lot as a kid with the family and Boy Scouts but now I need to get back out there more. Hope to meet up with yall and see ya on the trails or at camp.
Welcome to Overland Bound! If your interested when you move to our region check the meet-up page to find a meet-up that might work for you.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone! Ive been lurking around here for a while now and finally decided to pay for a membership!

Current Rigs (Year, Make, Model, etc.) (way too many projects!)

-2008 Suzuki VStrom650

-2002 Ford E450 SuperDuty ShortBus toyhauler

-2000 Subaru Legacy Outback Limited sedan (prepping parts for 4-6" lift & 30" all-terrains)

-1998 Kawasaki KLX351R (plated)

Past Overland Rigs
-1972.5 Datsun 620 pickup, lifted roughly 3" w/ 30" all terrains & campershell
-1965 International Harvester Scout
-1976 Dodge B100 van, lifted 1.5" front & 31" all terrains

-2001 GMC Sonoma 2WD, lifted 6" w/31" all terrains, desert fenders, campershell, etc

-1999 KTM 640 AdventureR

Overlanding Experience Background
Started in roughly 1990 with my first "rig" a 1972.5 Datsun 620 pickup (bought new by my Grandpa, had over 700,000 miles when I owned it) and many friends rigs (FJs, Chevy pickups, IH Scouts, Jeeps, etc.). Ive never really stopped doing offroad adventures, just had slow periods in my life. Most of the vehicles that I have owned have had All-Terrain tires on them at one point of another, even my '95 Ducati SS944SP could do forest service roads!

Other
IBEW Local 595, Sound & Comm/Low Voltage Tech for over 18 years
Avid photographer
Outdoor enthusiast (camping, hiking, motos, archery, shooting, etc)
Welcome to Overland Bound! If your interested check the meet-up page to find a meet-up that might work for you.

Reactions: Low594

TugboatMike94

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Redmond, WA
Member #

Thanks, yeah I poked around a little bit, and sadly can’t make the upcoming northwest one on the 22nd. Also got accepted into the OB NW Facebook group, which seems to be plenty busy as well.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Glad to be here! This looks like an amazing group of people.

A little about me, this is a pic of me and my daughter out on one of our adventures.

Live north of Seattle and always looking for others to go out with.
I drive a 2012 Jeep JKU Wrangler
I use to enjoy the outdoors when I was younger but got away from it. Now finding my way back and this time using my own rig to find my adventure. So I would say I am new with overlanding but old school outdoors.
Welcome to Overland Bound! there is a meet-up that you might want to go to in your area.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/nw-washington-meetup-22-aug-2018-alger-wa.17841/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 64178 View attachment 64176 View attachment 64177 Hello my name is George from Redwood City Ca. new to overlanding. In the past I’ve done a lot of camping with my wife. Now that we have two little ones we decided to expand our excursion. We have a 07 jk that is a mall crawler and we purchased a jlur to make it a overlanding vehicle. So far we have a fridge a basket some lights. We’re waiting on a nice roof rack to become available. I’m excited to see where this forum/community takes us. Cheers.
Welcome to Overland Bound! We are currently working on a meet-up on the Peninsula and hope to have something worked out within the next couple of weeks. There is a meet-up on the 25th in San Leandro if your interested check the calendar for details.

Reactions: Jarueda13

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thanks, yeah I poked around a little bit, and sadly can’t make the upcoming northwest one on the 22nd. Also got accepted into the OB NW Facebook group, which seems to be plenty busy as well.
Yep the FB page is busy but the Forum is also where you will get currently info. We will be having a large meet-up in Portland in early October, I will have it on FB and the Forum.

Dylan89153

Rank 0

Traveler I

hello all, im new to overlanding but have been wanting to start for a long time.

I'm located in western Washington
My current vehicle is a stock ford explorer, but I will be buying a 2008 Silverado this weekend
My family and I use to take day trips up into the mountains when I was younger and boondock for days at a time. We also go on camping trips often in my dads 2500 sierra with a pickup camper. I've also done some camping trips and day trips with friends in my explorer. I hope to buy a canopy and build a camper setup with it once I get my truck!

This is my Ford Explorer. She ain't much, but shes gotten me pretty far!

Birdman

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Foresthill, CA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Thomas
Member #

Just a quick post to say that I pulled the trigger today on a paid membership. Please link me to my member number whenever that becomes available.

I also forgot to include
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum but not new to overlanding. I just don't do enough of it due to my demanding work schedule and travel but want to do more. I currently have a slightly modified 1999 Toyota 4runner (below) that's trail ready but considering replacing with a newer Tacoma. I miss having a truck bed.

My wife loves camping but going off road is not her favorite thing so we have a very slightly used Coleman E1 popup trailer which makes spur of the moment camping a little easier and more comfortable. I love the trailer but it's is not up to more than a reasonably maintained dirt road.

I need to figure out how to get my wife more excited about going off the beaten path (off road) as a way to get to more interesting and isolated/secluded places. The regular state and national campgrounds are great but not where I'd prefer to stay if given free reign to choose.

I look forward to meeting some of you on the road at some point in the near future.

Adam
Just a quick note to say that I pulled the trigger today on a paid membership. Woohoo! Happy to contribute and look forward to meeting some of you soon.

I forgot a few items on my first post so I'm including it here now.

1) Pictures of 4runner above
2) Location: Santa Cruz, CA
3) Rigs: 1999 Toyota 4Runner and 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Experienced and always learning more

Aussie571

Local Expert, Australia NSW

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

Hi everyone,

My name is Wayne and I'm from West Central PA region. Currently have a stock 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland edition. I enjoy hunting, fishing, camping and riding my motorcycle. New to overlanding and hopping to get my wife and grandkids involved in the lifestyle. I am also an extra class ham operator. Thanks again.
Welcome Wayne from a fellow WJ owner in Oz! Mine is a 2003 4.7 HO Overland.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
hello all, im new to overlanding but have been wanting to start for a long time.

I'm located in western Washington
My current vehicle is a stock ford explorer, but I will be buying a 2008 Silverado this weekend
My family and I use to take day trips up into the mountains when I was younger and boondock for days at a time. We also go on camping trips often in my dads 2500 sierra with a pickup camper. I've also done some camping trips and day trips with friends in my explorer. I hope to buy a canopy and build a camper setup with it once I get my truck!

This is my Ford Explorer. She ain't much, but shes gotten me pretty far!
Welcome to Overland Bound! The Inland-northwest meet-up conference call happens the third Sunday of the month, and they are also having several trail runs this summer. If your interested here is the forum link.https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/inland-northwest-conference-call-06-17-2018.13703/

Reactions: MLGrace

Wayne NE3AT

Rank I

Contributor III

Welcome Wayne from a fellow WJ owner in Oz! Mine is a 2003 4.7 HO Overland.
Any suggestions on what to change/modify first? I start looking around and things just start to get overwhelming. I currently have 16" wheels with Hankook Dynapro ATM tires. Since I have my ham radio licensee I have a 2 meter radio installed. Other than that its all stock.

Thanks.

Reactions: Aussie571

Low594

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oakland, CA, US
First Name
James
Last Name
o'Brien
Member #

Thanks!
I have been watching during my lurking the last few months and even made it to a meet here in Oakland a while back. The next one, in San Leandro, is at the same time as I will be camping with a Subaru offroad group, Mtn Roo, so unless that gets cancelled, Ill miss out on the OB meet.

Reactions: 4wheelspulling

Low594

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oakland, CA, US
First Name
James
Last Name
o'Brien
Member #

Hi Everyone.

I've been camping my whole life and for the last few years I've been traveling and camping around Canada and the USA when on holiday.

My current rig is a subaru forester XT 2005 with homemade lift kit ( aluminium spacer CNC machined).

Thanks for all the information you have here!
View attachment 64268 View attachment 64267
Its nice to see a fellow Subaru overlander on here!

Reactions: Dominik and MLGrace

bawesomfels

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Phoenix, AZ
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Ockenfels
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hey all! I jut signed up today and I'm looking forward to becoming part of the community. Pictured (in my avatar at least) is my 2013 Nissan Frontier. Not a whole lot done to it yet but there is quite a list. I'm located out of Glendale, AZ and although I'm not new to the outdoors and offroad, I'm still very much a novice and have a lot to learn.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New to the group! Thanks for the add. New to overlanding and will be using a jeep tj.
Welcome to Overland Bound! There are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.

Reactions: Stanhopbe