• HTML tutorial

GP Factor

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Lititz, Pennsylvania
Member #

Hey Guys! AJ from Central PA.

New to the Overland Bound Community and excited to be apart of it. I am new to overlanding but have been primitive camping (hiking) and offroading for years. Just thought it was time to combine the two :). Current rig is a 2015 Jeep JKU. Have been outfitting it for a while (Fridge, racks, awning, etc, and just pulled the trigger on a roof top tent. FSR Adventure series tri-layer. Again, very excited to join the community and contribute. Looking forward to meeting some of you on the trails and hopefully many of you will be at overland expo east in November. Cheers.

AJ

Attachments

Last edited:

Tacomah

Rank 0

Traveler I

Gardena
hello everyone.
My name is Jim, I'm in Gardena CA, near LAX in Los Angeles. My main goal has always been to disconnect from the digital world and be with nature. I started with just simple car camp sites up near Santa Barbara in the late 90's and kept wanting to get away from the crowds. Then my friends and i started back packing into the wilderness, Yosemite, Kings canyon and Mt Whitney. Then one of us got a 4x4 and we realized we could combine our interest in cars and camping together. Slowly, each one of us has gotten a capable vehicle, and we have been vehicle camping farther and farther out ever since. i can't wait to meet some more like minded people.

oh... i drive a 10' Tacoma TRD OR with most funds spent on camping equipment and gas, to get to and from the camp fire.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
hello everyone.
My name is Jim, I'm in Gardena CA, near LAX in Los Angeles. My main goal has always been to disconnect from the digital world and be with nature. I started with just simple car camp sites up near Santa Barbara in the late 90's and kept wanting to get away from the crowds. Then my friends and i started back packing into the wilderness, Yosemite, Kings canyon and Mt Whitney. Then one of us got a 4x4 and we realized we could combine our interest in cars and camping together. Slowly, each one of us has gotten a capable vehicle, and we have been vehicle camping farther and farther out ever since. i can't wait to meet some more like minded people.

oh... i drive a 10' Tacoma TRD OR with most funds spent on camping equipment and gas, to get to and from the camp fire.
Welcome to Overland Bound! If your interested there is a meet-up in West LA, check the meet-up page or the calendar to find the location and date and time.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-overlandbound-westside-la-meetup-06-09-2018.15855/

Reid

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Member #

Hello everyone. I’ve been apart of OB since May of 2016 and have yet to make a post. I have just kind of creeped around on other builds...

Anyway... I’m from Tulsa, OK. I have a 2013 Jeep JKUR that I had somewhat built for “overlanding.” More of a trail rig with a roof rack, RTT, and fun cargo stuff. Don’t really do the overlanding thing since I’m still in school, but I’m in the process of rebuilding since I had to sell all my camping gear to pay for a new axle... Since I’ve built it one way I think I know how to make it better the next, so I would say all that was a good thing. Anyway I hope to meet some of y’all or even get more ideas from your builds. IMG_0594.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Rich Faller

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Durango
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Faller
Member #

Rig: 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2 dr
Experience: Definitely a Novice, mostly fire roads and car camping in national parks, but not for long

anyone coming through Durango should hit me up, always looking to meet new people who want to get out

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek
Chula Vista, CA

Just bought used last year. Little bit of experience exploring some sections of Anza Borrego to get to camping and hiking spots.

During the week I work in both physical therapy and personal training. Going outside is my ideal weekend.

Cheers,
Chris
Welcome to Overland Bound! There is a meet up in the San Diego area that you might want to check out.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-san-diego-overland-bound-monthly-meet-03-22-2018.13317/

Crza

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey y'all -

In Long Beach, CA. I mountain bike, hike, backpack, car camp/RV and slept in back of my pick up with just a sleeping bag on occasion (ha!). Wanting to take the family on more adventures and explore the dirt roads so I'm building my ride out.

Experience level with regard to 4WD/Overlanding knowledge is newbie.

Vehicle is a 2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax that I'm currently building out. Look forward to hanging.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey y'all -

In Long Beach, CA. I mountain bike, hike, backpack, car camp/RV and slept in back of my pick up with just a sleeping bag on occasion (ha!). Wanting to take the family on more adventures and explore the dirt roads so I'm building my ride out.

Experience level with regard to 4WD/Overlanding knowledge is newbie.

Vehicle is a 2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax that I'm currently building out. Look forward to hanging.
Welcome to Overland Bound! There are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.

Ngneer

Rank 0

Traveler I

Finally made it, had trouble getting to my side of confirmation email. Got straight with the help of the folks in the Admin side of , thanks guys. Name is Don, from east central Alabama, a senior at 58, will retire from the rail industry with 40 years service in 2019. After that, the plans are for a move to Colorado, closer to daughter and son n law, so I love reading about trips in and around the four or five states in this region. Thanks again guys.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hopefully in the right place. Just joined the overland community and glad to be part of such a good group. Grew up in Oakland CA and outside of Bozeman MT. Living in Beaverton, OR looking for trails and fly fishing spots!

Rig: 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Member#13886
Welcome you have the right place! I'm sure members will chime in with advice on your area.

Last edited:

ibemarcus

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Tuscaloosa,AL
Member #

Finally made it, had trouble getting to my side of confirmation email. Got straight with the help of the folks in the Admin side of , thanks guys. Name is Don, from east central Alabama, a senior at 58, will retire from the rail industry with 40 years service in 2019. After that, the plans are for a move to Colorado, closer to daughter and son n law, so I love reading about trips in and around the four or five states in this region. Thanks again guys.
Welcome to OB! I’m hoping to make it to Colorado next year too. I won’t be staying as long as you (lol) but I’m excited to explore the beautiful trails out there. We have a meet n greet next weekend if interested. [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Ngneer

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Welcome. Good to see another retiree willing to get off the pavement... :sunglasses:

Reactions: Ngneer

sccsammy

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey Guys! AJ from Central PA.

New to the Overland Bound Community and excited to be apart of it. I am new to overlanding but have been primitive camping (hiking) and offroading for years. Just thought it was time to combine the two :). Current rig is a 2015 Jeep JKU. Have been outfitting it for a while (Fridge, racks, awning, etc, and just pulled the trigger on a roof top tent. FSR Adventure series tri-layer. Again, very excited to join the community and contribute. Looking forward to meeting some of you on the trails and hopefully many of you will be at overland expo east in November. Cheers.

AJ
Welcome!
I was laughing when I saw your location, because I was just there helping someone move to Lititz! Its a cool little town. I'm from Bucks County area. Seems kind of dead for the PA group so its cool to see theres some joining up. Nice Jeep!

Reactions: ibemarcus

OKJeeper

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Oklahoma City, OK
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Tarter
Member #

Hello OB community! I'm happy to be on board. My name is Nick and I live in Oklahoma City. I currently drive and wheel a 2001 Nissan Xterra (4x4, 3.3, 5 speed). I have restored 4 Jeep CJs over the years, built a couple of Wranglers, and also an 84 Wagoneer but I'm currently Jeepless. My family outgrew the old Wrangler and since I didn't want a huge payment on a new 4 door, Xterra it is. This is my second Xterra and I'm a huge fan. Basically, I'm pretty much a huge fan of any and all truck based 4x4s, and even a few unibodies. My wife and I along with our kids got into overlanding because we love adventure. We look forward to being a part of the OB community and to seeing you on the trails.

Attachments

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Hello everyone! I’m Derek. I’m somewhat new to all this. I just got a 2018 4runner and I’ve been bitten by the bug! I love everything overland! Swellrunner and Lifestyle Overland got me hooked! Haha. I’m located in Portland, OR. So if any of you are local and wanna meet up, let me know! Cheers!
Welcome and welcome to T4Rs!

Reactions: OKJeeper