Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Two Buck

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi folks. I just joined, so here's my introduction:

Name: Chuck, but people call me Two Buck (there's a story there that doesn't involve Trader Joe's wine)
Rig: 1985 Toyota FJ60 LandCruiser "Dixie"
Experience: Noob. I've owned this truck for nearly 20 years but never really took advantage of its capabilities. I aim to change that.
My motto: "I'm not a good mechanic, but I'm slow."

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi folks. I just joined, so here's my introduction:

Name: Chuck, but people call me Two Buck (there's a story there that doesn't involve Trader Joe's wine)
Rig: 1985 Toyota FJ60 LandCruiser "Dixie"
Experience: Noob. I've owned this truck for nearly 20 years but never really took advantage of its capabilities. I aim to change that.
My motto: "I'm not a good mechanic, but I'm slow."

Welcome to Overland Bound! Depending on your location in LA, there are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.

Reactions: dwb133

RAPTR6

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Houston, TX
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Gavin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Overwatch
Service Branch
Army

Houston, TX
2014 Ford Raptor
2015 Jeep JKU
Raptor is complete long travel built for the desert however I’m converting her to a prerunner/overland hybrid build. Wife’s Jeep is mildly outfitted with armor and recovery.

You don’t always need a plan, sometimes you just need balls.
RLTW

x73596

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Charlotte, NC
Member #

Hi, I'm TJ -

Charlotte, NC
2008 Land Rover LR3, basically stock at this point.
Don't really have any overlanding experience, some off-road experience back when I had a 98 Jeep TJ, and some car camping experience, but excited to put them both together and get outside!

Attachments

Vinny

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Patterson, CA
Member #

Hey all, new member here. Currently living in Patterson, CA. Been a lurker for a little while, but finally joined up for reals =) I drive a 2007 Jeep Wrangler JK (2 door) on 35" BFG KM2s. My overlanding experience is primarily just going wheeling with buddies in Hollister, Frank Raines, etc. I have done the Rubicon a few times with some buddies where we go with the Jeepers Jamboree and camp in the middle at Rubicon Springs, but haven't done much other than that. My goal is to start taking the family (wife, 12 year old and 4 year old) out on some camping/overlanding trips on weekends sometime in the future. I bought a cheap trailer off craigslist that I am attempting to convert into an offroad trailer, but being a dad and not having a lot of extra funds, that is going to be a long process lol. Here's a shot of my Jeep with Jade (IamJake on YouTube) at Frank Raines SVRA here in Patterson.

-Vinny

Brad Johnson

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Savage, MN
Member #

Hello All!

My name is Brad and I'm new to off road activities in general.

I live in Savage, MN and am a novice overlander.

My rig is a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, Altitude edition with 3.73 and max tow.

I am looking forward to getting into Overlanding and am looking for places to explore in Minnesota and Wisconsin.

MidSizeJeep.JPG

Cheers,
Brad

JK47

Rank I

Contributor III

Hi,

Found this place doing homework for future camping adventures.

Here’s my 2018 Sahara with Mickey Thompson Classic III’s, and keeping with the 80’s themes, a front tube bumper.
5E9468A4-800A-430F-94C5-2AF587A8C6DB.jpeg
C0714529-76FB-4C6E-AACF-2CAC79651240.jpeg

A pic of Santiago Peak in the background.
203D0BFF-BA2C-4DCD-A77C-E3DA3FBF7B82.jpeg

I live in OC, and don’t really plan on any crazy rock crawling, hence the lack of winch and a Hi-Lift hidden inside. Also the choice of Sahara because I didnt need the 4.11 axle ratio or locking diffs in my daily driver. I’ll stick to National forest trails and keep it simple.

A total novice when it comes to overlanding, but have been away from camping and adventure for too long.

ibemarcus

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Tuscaloosa,AL
Member #

Hi, I'm TJ -

Charlotte, NC
2008 Land Rover LR3, basically stock at this point.
Don't really have any overlanding experience, some off-road experience back when I had a 98 Jeep TJ, and some car camping experience, but excited to put them both together and get outside!
Nice Land Rover! Welcome to OB!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: x73596

ibemarcus

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Tuscaloosa,AL
Member #

Hello everyone! I’m Derek. I’m somewhat new to all this. I just got a 2018 4runner and I’ve been bitten by the bug! I love everything overland! Swellrunner and Lifestyle Overland got me hooked! Haha. I’m located in Portland, OR. So if any of you are local and wanna meet up, let me know! Cheers!
Welcome to OB! Swellrunner also motivated me to take a step toward more adventures with my family!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all, new member here. Currently living in Patterson, CA. Been a lurker for a little while, but finally joined up for reals =) I drive a 2007 Jeep Wrangler JK (2 door) on 35" BFG KM2s. My overlanding experience is primarily just going wheeling with buddies in Hollister, Frank Raines, etc. I have done the Rubicon a few times with some buddies where we go with the Jeepers Jamboree and camp in the middle at Rubicon Springs, but haven't done much other than that. My goal is to start taking the family (wife, 12 year old and 4 year old) out on some camping/overlanding trips on weekends sometime in the future. I bought a cheap trailer off craigslist that I am attempting to convert into an offroad trailer, but being a dad and not having a lot of extra funds, that is going to be a long process lol. Here's a shot of my Jeep with Jade (IamJake on YouTube) at Frank Raines SVRA here in Patterson.

-Vinny
Welcome to Overland Bound! Just checking to see if you go the message from the forum about a meet-up in Manteca in August? If not advise and I will send it to you

Reactions: Vinny and ibemarcus

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi,

Found this place doing homework for future camping adventures.

Here’s my 2018 Sahara with Mickey Thompson Classic III’s, and keeping with the 80’s themes, a front tube bumper.
View attachment 63009
View attachment 63010

A pic of Santiago Peak in the background.
View attachment 63011

I live in OC, and don’t really plan on any crazy rock crawling, hence the lack of winch and a Hi-Lift hidden inside. Also the choice of Sahara because I didnt need the 4.11 axle ratio or locking diffs in my daily driver. I’ll stick to National forest trails and keep it simple.

A total novice when it comes to overlanding, but have been away from camping and adventure for too long.
Welcome to Overland B0und! There is a meet-up in Orange County that you might be interested in. Check out the meet-up page on the forum or on the OLB West FB page for details.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-orange-county-overland-bound-monthly-meet-up-06-02-2018.13515/

And nice JL by the way

Reactions: JK47

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi,
I'm Jeff From Orangevale Ca and my current rig is an 06 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Other than driving on some fire roads in the Sierras I'm a newby. I can't wait to get out there and have some adventures!
Welcome to Overland Bound! There are two meet-up’s in your area if you are interested, both are on the meet-up page of the forum and the calendar.

Sierra Foothills Overlanders monthly meeting.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/sierra-foothills-monthly-ob-meetup-11-21-2017.10663/

Sacramento weekly meet-up.

chris_nc

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Whitsett, NC, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4RBL
Greetings from Greensboro, NC.

My name is Chris, been lurking here for a little while and decided to join the site. I've been camping, wheeling, off-roading, or overlanding for most of my life and don't plan to stop any time soon. I usually try to get out at least once or twice a month for a weekend. I'm always looking for new ideas and learning, and hope to pass some knowledge along here as well.

Oh, and I've been a Jeep owner since 2003 - currently my white '15 Rubicon takes me everywhere I want to go!

ChrisXfz1FslCQZSFp1rddwPOWg.jpg IMG_4864.JPG