• HTML tutorial

Mike Ben

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Oceanside, CA
Member #

IMG_0511.JPG Hello Everyone!

New member from Oceanside, CA. I have been a member on other forums for about a decade now, but just discovered Overland Bound a few weeks ago. I drive a 2012 F150 FX4 that with Bilstein 5100s and 33" Cooper All-Terrains. I grew up in the mountains of New Mexico camping and fishing, but since joining the Marines about a decade ago I haven't been able to get out much until very recently. I look forward to making friends and learning here on Overland Bound.

David S

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Los Angeles
Member #

Welcome DignTRDoffRoad
View attachment 61889 Hello Everyone!

New member from Oceanside, CA. I have been a member on other forums for about a decade now, but just discovered Overland Bound a few weeks ago. I drive a 2012 F150 FX4 that with Bilstein 5100s and 33" Cooper All-Terrains. I grew up in the mountains of New Mexico camping and fishing, but since joining the Marines about a decade ago I haven't been able to get out much until very recently. I look forward to making friends and learning here on Overland Bound.
Welcome and thank you for your service

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 61889 Hello Everyone!

Welcome to Overland B0und! There is a meet-up in Orange County that you might be interested in. Check out the meet-up page on the forum or on the OLB West FB page for details.

There also a meet up in the San Diego area that you might want to check out.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-san-diego-overland-bound-monthly-meet-03-22-2018.13317/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Newb alert!

Kyle
Orange County, CA
2017 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali
Tuff Stuff 4x4 Roof Top Tent
2-3" BDS Coilover Kit w/Fox Shocks
18" Method Grid Wheels wrapped in 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers

Welcome to Overland B0und! There is a meet-up in Orange County that you might be interested in. Check out the meet-up page on the forum or on the OLB West FB page for details.

blendorbot

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Woodstock, GA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Pitts
Member #

Hi all, new member here.

I am in the Woodstock, GA area (North Georgia)
My rig is a 2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i. Currently has Primitive triple armor, Primitive lift kit with King Springs and KYB struts, a Yakima Load Warrior rack with extension and, not seen, a Dometic CFX 45 Fridge and an Oztent RV5
Mostly I have done light off-roading (forest roads). But car camping for over 10 years in the area with friends and family.

20180716_113922.jpg

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

Hi all, new member here.

I am in the Woodstock, GA area (North Georgia)
My rig is a 2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i. Currently has Primitive triple armor, Primitive lift kit with King Springs and KYB struts, a Yakima Load Warrior rack with extension and, not seen, a Dometic CFX 45 Fridge and an Oztent RV5
Mostly I have done light off-roading (forest roads). But car camping for over 10 years in the area with friends and family.

View attachment 61919
Good stuff man! Welcome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using OB Talk mobile app

Brian B

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hello!
Currently living in Birmingham, Al looking to get involved in some meet-ups and do some fun four wheeling. Just bought my Jeep its a 2016 JKU Rubicon with an ARB bumper and Ramsey Patriot 9500 Ut winch. I'm saving up for a 2.5 inch lift (haven't decided which exact kit I want yet) and some 35" tall tires. I'm definitely a novice and am looking forward to some great adventures in the future!

Sharkbait4x4

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Little Creek, Virginia Beach, VA, USA
First Name
Zack
Last Name
Campion
Member #

Hello
I am living in San Diego for the near future.
I am looking to get into overlanding. I have an 2003 Toyota Tacoma TRD lifted on 33's getting ready for gears and a front locker this week. Bumpers sliders winch air custom cage(in progress) cvt to name somethings. As for as experience, well i have owned a few 4x4 and have spent alot of time offroad. Any way looking forward to being a part of this!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello
I am living in San Diego for the near future.
I am looking to get into overlanding. I have an 2003 Toyota Tacoma TRD lifted on 33's getting ready for gears and a front locker this week. Bumpers sliders winch air custom cage(in progress) cvt to name somethings. As for as experience, well i have owned a few 4x4 and have spent alot of time offroad. Any way looking forward to being a part of this!
Welcome to Overland Bound! There is a meet up in the San Diego area that you might want to check out.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-san-diego-overland-bound-monthly-meet-03-22-2018.13317/

Sharkbait4x4

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Little Creek, Virginia Beach, VA, USA
First Name
Zack
Last Name
Campion
Member #

JeepBen

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Buffalo NY Area
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Garnes
Member #

Hello all! I'm Ben,
1.) Lockport NY. Right between Buffalo and Niagara Falls- Sadly not as many opportunities to get off the beaten path as I would like here.
2.) 09 Jeep Wrangler JK 2.5" lift 35" KO2s Locked in the rear- Daily Driver
3.) While I have been off-roading and wheeling for years, I'm a novice to Overlanding, and have little to no equipment.

Over the past few years we have gone on trips or went camping, and then explored a few back roads/ beach roads in the jeep. The problem for me is that we always have had had to make sure that there is enough time to double back in order to get back to where we were staying. The idea of seeing sights that relatively few get a chance to see is extremely appealing to me. I'm rarely as happy/satisfied as I am when traveling through a remote area and soaking in the picturesque views. So stretching this out into a few day (or more) trip where I could wander a little longer would be ideal. My wife also enjoys this aspect of exploring as well , but not so much the idea of leaving all the comforts of home behind, namely her bed :) As is true with any good relationship compromise is in order, so my dream set up would be an economical teardrop with a few amenities to make her more comfortable, but not not so many that we are loaded down.
I have so many questions and I'm excited to learn from everyone's insight and experience. Thanks in advance!20170729_152901.jpg 20170921_121302.jpg

SGTUSMC

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Chicago
Member #

Hi All,

I'm new to Overland Bound, I regularly take long trips in my jeep past the place where the road ends, I feel you meet a different character of folks past that point, those who rely on themselves to achieve their goals. I bought a bone stock base model jeep JKU in 2010, at the time I had a Land Rover that the power windows and door locks went out on, so I wanted the crank down windows and lean over the seat to unlock the door of my youth. Sometimes analog is just the way to go. I've performed all my own upgrades to the vehicle including wiring radios, lights, snorkel, winch, lift, and enjoy lending a hand to others, so, let me know if you're in my area and need me to hold your beer.

Location - Chicago
Rig - 2010 Jeep JKU, 2.5 inch lift, snorkel, winch, lights, radios
experience - some, got the scars to prove.

Attachments

TreadHead Pops

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Edmonton, Alberta
Member #

Super excited to join the community!!!

Overlanding is a family passion, basically anything that gets us all outdoors. Just returned from our first BC Overland Rally and can't wait for our next adventure.

2015 JKU
Edmonton, AB
Neither novice or experienced as there is soooo much to learn from the Overland community!!! Tons of experience camping, off-roading and rock crawling...... stoked we can bring it all together.

BC Overland Rally 2018
bcrallysilver.jpg

Easter Jeep Safari 2018
20180327_112858.jpg

Dancruiser

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hey everyone, new here. I’m in Tuscaloosa AL and just started getting into this overland stuff. Not many places to go do this kinda thing in Tuscaloosa so will be traveling outside the area. Excited about the meet and greets. Hope to see some of you soon. Oh I drive a 94 land cruiser nothing special just a roof rack that a made and some extra lights. Anyway glad to be here.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

outofdoors4x4

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
First Name
Johnny
Last Name
Overland
Member #

EDEF6AB9-68EB-4E62-908C-51924DBA1F26.jpeg Gday everyone John here from Outofdoors4x4
I’m from Australia and run the Outofdoors4x4 instagram page. I’ve just got back from a 8000ks trip in the outback of Australia. I’ve been watching the overland bound YouTube clips and love them!! I drive a 09 Nissan patrol with lots of modifications. I’m happy to meet up with any of the aussies on this forum. Glad to be here. I’ll try and upload a pic of my patrol

Birdman

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Foresthill, CA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Thomas
Member #

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum but not new to overlanding. I just don't do enough of it due to my demanding work schedule and travel but want to do more. I currently have a slightly modified 1999 Toyota 4runner (below) that's trail ready but considering replacing with a newer Tacoma. I miss having a truck bed.

My wife loves camping but going off road is not her favorite thing so we have a very slightly used Coleman E1 popup trailer which makes spur of the moment camping a little easier and more comfortable. I love the trailer but it's is not up to more than a reasonably maintained dirt road.

I need to figure out how to get my wife more excited about going off the beaten path (off road) as a way to get to more interesting and isolated/secluded places. The regular state and national campgrounds are great but not where I'd prefer to stay if given free reign to choose.

I look forward to meeting some of you on the road at some point in the near future.

Adam

KY_Catfish

Rank I

Contributor III

Springfield, TN
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Sisk
Service Branch
Navy Veteran
Hello,
RIG: 2015 Toyota Tundra SR5 TRD with Tow package. Bone stock, haven't changed anything other than Tint and seat covers.
I'm very new to the concept of Overlanding. Grew up doing plenty of off-roading as a young buck tearing up every truck I owned in western Kentucky.

Will be planning on doing some upgrades by end of year to my truck and would like to find a group of folks to show me the responsible way of overlanding.

Thanks in advance for the wealth of knowledge this forum and community brings!

Attachments