Advocate II

Yelm, Washington
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Baker
Member #

"Hi"
My name is Tim. I've been into being outdoos since I was 3. I remember, I swear I do. My family used to own a logging outfit up here in Northern California. My Mom and Dad both drove logs down at times. My Aunt even ran skidder. IT WAS AWESOME!! My Uncles would take me on rides in the Cat's, 1 of them would load so I would too. Sadlly, the company went south when my Grandpa was killed in a tragic accident.

Fast forward to today, my outdoor spirit has never died, yet I think it's on the brink of never being this strong!

Usually I only camp during G-1, 11 days straight. That's it all year. Now, I plan on way more. So, I traded in my 2012 Ram 2500/crew cab/4x4/6.7l diesel for a much more comfortable 2016 Trail Premium. Love the decision I made to do this. Sure I can't pull the 20' Ski Barge I used to use to Salmon fish, but I don't care. I don't use it anyway, sale it and get some overland gear I think.

So, short story long, GLAD TO BE HERE!!
Welcome to OB from Yelm, WA.

Sent from my SM-G920V using OB Talk mobile app

texascascio

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Denton Texas
Member #

1) Location: Denton Texas
2) Rig: 2014 Tacoma TRD, Manley ORV Trailer with Tuff Stuff RTT
3) Overlanding Experience Background: Somewhat Experienced but only in places our current rig can take us.

We Just got back from camping in Trinidad Colorado and Santa Fe New Mexico last night. We were out there for a week. What great places they were and the views were awesome! Looking forward to more adventures!

colo.jpg taco3.jpg taco4.jpg tent.jpg

Eucman

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Castro Valley, California
Member #

Hi!
My name is Jason and I'm looking forward to getting out with some like minded people and exploring the outdoors. I've been, what's now called overlanding, since I was a kid. Trips with my dad always involved loading up whatever 4x4 he had at the time and heading out to go camping, fishing, river rafting, skiing, etc. To this day, my idea of a good time is doing the same thing. I had to take some time off for the last 10 years due to my daughter playing travel hockey. Rink was an hour away in San Jose and the gas mileage was killing me. So I spent the last 10 years driving a Ford Focus and really missing the ability to get more off the beaten path. Well this year she is going to be a Senior and wants to focus more on school and get a job, so I took the opportunity to buy myself a Jeep and here I am! Only had the new Jeep a couple of weeks now, but I have been able to install the necessities, as I see them, (winch, hi-lift, better lights, first aid kit, etc.) Still a bunch of "wants" but she is certainly trail ready. Hoping to find some new trails to explore and get my daughter back out there as well.

Rig: 2015 Jeep JKU Rubicon Hard Rock
Experience: A lifetimes worth, with 10 years of rust lol
Vm3i9QrgQdW+qoLJMuD4qQ.jpgabMtCcktQRmsZ4hc8FDzVA.jpg

Last edited:

Vegvisir

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Northern Virginia
Member #

Hello! Vegvisir here from Northern VA. Excited to join the forum, as we have a move to California coming up and are hoping to drive out cross-country. Info:

1) Photo of the rig: all over instagram.com/dagrano
2) Location: Northern Virginia, soon to be Bay Area, CA
3) Rig 2018 Subaru Forester, 2" lift w/ ATs and full underbody skids
4) Overlanding Experience Background: moderate

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Everyone! My name is Nick and I am from Lake Forest, CA. I have a 2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab and am new to Overlanding. I have been offroading and camping for a large portion of my life and have been to a lot of cool places doing so. I am excited to meet everyone and please feel free to ask me any questions , my expertise is pre-hospital emergency care (day job is an EMT and also make first aid kits )
Welcome to Overland B0und! There is a meet-up in Orange County that you might be interested in. Check out the meet-up page on the forum or on the OLB West FB page for details.

Reactions: SSocal

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Finally broke down & decided to join OB....been lurking in the background as partner/wife of OB guy HappyOurOverlanding.

Retired, moved to Reno & Bought a 2016 4Runner SR5 to get me to the slopes in winter & to do a bit of 4 wheeling and camping. Had no idea how hard the bug would bite us as we never even considered either while living in N. VA.

2 years into the 4 wheeling/Overlanding/camping experience & still consider myself a novice. Loving life!

My partner in crime has basically usurped my vehicle & started building it out for his trail driving pleasure - occasionally he lets me drive it on the trails . Check out his thread for build info and anything to do with the new Reno Overland group too.
Welcome and I am sure glad your account got fixed.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everybody, I am very excited to start my overlanding education!

Vehicle: New to me as of this past weekend, 2005 LR3 with Lux and HD packages.
Experience: Total newbie

I have been backpacking for many years and I have always wanted to get farther out in the little time that I have, overlanding seemed like the answer. My rig was a 1 owner mall crawler/snow shuttle for a local family with a thick folder of maintenance receipts. Only modification that have been done to it by the previous owners was to mount 20" Antera rims and add a Yakima rack for their skis. That will soon change... Making the modifications is half the fun!View attachment 61326
Welcome to Overland Bound! There are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone,
My name I Larry and I live in Cardiff California. I've been an avid outdoors guy my entire life. However, I am new to the overlanding community.

I drive a 91 Toyota Land Cruiser. I like to do my own mods. My last rig was a 69 Jeepster Commando that I built myself. I gotta admit that the Land Cruiser is the most capable 4X4 out of the box then any off road vehicle that I've ever driven. This one is a keeper.

Looking forward to participating in group camps and trails.
Welcome to Overland Bound! There is a meet up in the San Diego area that you might want to check out.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-san-diego-overland-bound-monthly-meet-03-22-2018.13317/

Reactions: Jimmy Schantz

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello OB Community.

New member here from Southern California (OB# 10895). I'm still working on activating my membership number, so I can access the member resources. Wanted to get a quick hello and intro in now, and say I'm looking forward to connecting with many other OB members throughout the site and on the trails.

I'm currently in the process of purchasing a 2018 Toyota Tacoma 4X4 Off Road, Cement, and start outfitting her. Just waiting on a friend who works for Toyota to locate the truck and put the deal together. Photos to follow soon!

I'm going to be starting an IG (Instagram) account, which will be solely dedicated to only my travel adventures, so I will be looking to grow my followers when I set it up. This will be a great community to start!

Keep the adventures going and be safe out there!

Jeff Petsche
SOCAL (OB# 10895)
Welcome to Overland B0und! There is a meet-up in Orange County that you might be interested in. Check out the meet-up page on the forum or on the OLB West FB page for details.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone, been a member for a long time, never really participated in the forum!

My name is Ruston, I run Overlanding USA, we just like to go camping and have fun!

Las Vegas based (OB#0778)

I have a 2015 4runner, it has been through the ringer and back with the builds and the 92k miles it has on it. I would love to get out and meet a bunch of you when we can!

Cheers!

Welcome to Overland Bound! You should have all-ready gotten a message regarding the upcoming first meet-up of the Las Vegas Group but if you didn't please advise.

JandAOffRoad

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Yorba Linda, CA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Petsche
Member #

Thank you for the message Kent and yes I plan on attending the OC Meet Ups when possible. I believe they are the 1st Saturday of each month at a coffee place in Lake Forest. Looking forward to meeting a great group of people throughout this site, day trips, weekend getaways, etc.

Reactions: Kent R

Alfonso

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Chattanooga, TN
First Name
Alfonso
Last Name
Gómez-Arzola
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K3ALF
Hi, everyone!

New to this community and new to overlanding. Super excited to both outfit and explore, and look forward to learning as much as possible from the experienced folks in here!

I’m based in Chattanooga, TN. Rig is a 2nd Gen (1990) Toyota 4Runner I bought earlier this year from my father in law earlier this year. Had it shipped all the way from Puerto Rico. It’s nearly pristine and was pretty much stock except for what I suspect are 3rd or 4th Gen 18" wheels, which I swapped out for 15" steelies and 30" AT tires.

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

Hi Everyone! My name is Nick and I am from Lake Forest, CA. I have a 2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab and am new to Overlanding. I have been offroading and camping for a large portion of my life and have been to a lot of cool places doing so. I am excited to meet everyone and please feel free to ask me any questions , my expertise is pre-hospital emergency care (day job is an EMT and also make first aid kits )
Hey Nick, welcome! I work in Lake Forest and live out in Silverado Canyon. Great to see more locals in South OC

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

DignTRDoffRoad

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Alabama
Member #

Hello everyone new member/novice/newbie to overlanding, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRDoffRoad, Love the outdoors, always have, but life happens, close to retirement and want to get back to my love of the Outdoors, new to overlanding experience, use to camping in just a tent in my younger days, look forward to reading and learning from you Guys/Gals.

Last edited:

Alfonso

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Chattanooga, TN
First Name
Alfonso
Last Name
Gómez-Arzola
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K3ALF
Hey guys I'm in Jacksonville Fl. I have a 97 Landcruiser with 418,xxx miles. Heres the rig when I got it and where its at now. Ive had it for about a month and a half. Please don't judge the tires with no lift, Parts are coming soon.
View attachment 61852View attachment 61853
For what it’s worth, I love how it looks w/o a lift, even having those big tires. Must make a hell of a racket on a tight turn, though.

Dominoose

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello,

I reside in Avon Lake, Ohio where I drive my 2013 Tacoma. There is not a lot of close options for off roading that I'm aware of. I stumbled upon this site after I stumbled upon part of the Daniel Boone backcountry byway and Googled the path. My 4x4, 4-banger Tacoma is stock, except the Leer cap. I intend to slowly transition my truck into an overlander that will also serve as a daily driver. Look forward to getting ideas/inspiration from this site!

Attachments

Gordon

Rank III

Contributor III

Destin, FL, USA
First Name
Gordon
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Hey everyone,

1) I have a picture but cant work out how to put it on the post lol!
2) Berkshire, UK
3) Landrover Defender, TD5, 2.5 TD, 2002. Its ex British Army although not standard army spec, still quite basic ATM.
4) Pretty new to overlanding although not phased by much.

I'm hoping on doing a Eurotrip this year in the Landy although I've just found a snagg with the head gasket!

Give me a shout if you fancy a chat, catch you all later,

Gordon